SW2K - The Plan

Lokheed

Original Poster
(Short summary, for those who haven't seen the earlier threads: my autistic son will be riding Snow White's Scary Adventures for the 2,000th time on Saturday, March 8th. This thread is for those people who have expressed an interest in that event.)

I just spoke to one of the lead Dream Team members in order to coordinate for tomorrow. They are doing a private meet & greet for my son Ben with Snow White and all seven dwarfs in the VIP room in Town Hall; this will be happening immediately after the 3:00 parade is over, so figure around 3:45.

In addition, they will be making a big hoopla at the ride itself for the 2,000th ride, including photographers and certificates and such. My best guess is that this will happen around 4:30. If anyone is going to be in the Magic Kingdom tomorrow and wants to witness the big event, the best I can do is suggest you be in Fantasyland around 4:30. If you can receive text messages, you are welcome to send me a private message here and give me your number, and I will be happy to message you with a heads-up when it is about to happen.

I will post pictures and a full telliing of the event, probably tomorrow night but possibly not until Sunday depending on how late we wind up staying in the park and how tired we all are.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed their support for my son, it really means a lot to our family.

rshell68

I so wish my family and I could be there. We will miss it by one day :cry: . Can't wait to see the pics when we get back from our trip! Have an AWESOME time!!!

hrcollectibles

(Short summary, for those who haven't seen the earlier threads: my autistic son will be riding Snow White's Scary Adventures for the 2,000th time on Saturday, March 8th. This thread is for those people who have expressed an interest in that event.)

I just spoke to one of the lead Dream Team members in order to coordinate for tomorrow. They are doing a private meet & greet for my son Ben with Snow White and all seven dwarfs in the VIP room in Town Hall; this will be happening immediately after the 3:00 parade is over, so figure around 3:45.

In addition, they will be making a big hoopla at the ride itself for the 2,000th ride, including photographers and certificates and such. My best guess is that this will happen around 4:30. If anyone is going to be in the Magic Kingdom tomorrow and wants to witness the big event, the best I can do is suggest you be in Fantasyland around 4:30. If you can receive text messages, you are welcome to send me a private message here and give me your number, and I will be happy to message you with a heads-up when it is about to happen.

I will post pictures and a full telliing of the event, probably tomorrow night but possibly not until Sunday depending on how late we wind up staying in the park and how tired we all are.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed their support for my son, it really means a lot to our family.

Very Cool Acomplishment :) How have you kept track of the number of rides..

David

Does your son know about the big day planned or will it be a surprise for him?

It's sounds as though it will truly be a Magical Day!

Lokheed

Original Poster
I keep a running tally on my personal blog, noting each day that he goes and how many times he went on it. It keeps me sane after riding the same three minute ride so many times....

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
When I first started reading this, I thought your reference to the 2,000th time was like when I say my son wanted to ride Test-Track for the millionth time . . .

. . . then I realized you meant it literally.:eek:

:lol:

Very cool. I hope you and your son have a great time!:sohappy:

RussJT

As a Disney fan who has an autistic relative, I love reading your updates.

Congrats to your son on #2000. Applause to Disney for all they are doing to recognize him. I hope it is truly a memorable day for your son. Mostly, though, I don't think there could be enough praised heaped upon you and your family for the efforts you have made to love and support your son. Autism is often grossly misunderstood. I am aware of the struggles involved, but also know that there can be many wonderful moments also.

Please keep the updates coming. They make me smile. I'm looking forward to hearing about the details of the celebration as well as his future milestones.

Boray

I seem to remember the last major milestone (1000?) and the hoopla that came with that! (Is your avatar picture from that?) I remember that he rode with Snow White then as well. I have a few friends with autistic children and every milestone is huge - all God's blessings on a truly magical day!!!! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing the update on this milestone as well!!!! :sohappy:

NotAZoo

I rarely post, however I couldn't pass up wishing your son all the excitement in the world tomorrow. Unfortunately I am many miles away from WDW and would have loved to be there, however have fun and heres to a thousand more!

Glasgow

Wow -- that is simply incredible, and kudos to you for being able to go on the ride that many times as well!! Best of luck tomorrow!

kcw

Everytime I read your posts about this, it gives me goosebumps! I'm so happy Disney is doing all of this for your son, that's awesome! have fun!!

Ashitaka

I'm so glad the Dream Team is helping out on this one.

The SW1K thread was one of my all-time favorites here. So I'm looking forward to hearing all the details of how SW2K went.
I hope you and Ben have a absolutely magical time tomorrow! :sohappy:

Captain Chaos

See, nonbelievers, Disney still makes magic... Can't wait to see the pictures from such a monumental occasion.... I hope you and your son have a very magical day.

Lokheed

Original Poster
It does not seem that long ago that the SW1K event happened. When was that exactly?? Damn I am getting old.:veryconfu

SW1K happened on April 16, 2005. You think you're getting old? Ben is twice the size as he was the last time around, and almost as tall as his mom. We're all feeling a bit old around here.

I just got a call from the health reporter at the Orlando Sentinel, they are interested in doing a story on Ben. I'm not quite sure where that will lead, but it should be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom