Survivor S40: Winners at War

PUSH

Original Poster
Tony said that on EoE, Rob was training them to make fire and they talked about whoever got back into the game would have to make fire at the final 4, even if it meant giving up immunity.
Have I mentioned how much I despise the Edge?

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm on episode 5 of my HvV rewatch, and I forgot how much the Heroes tribe kind of turned into cry babies and villains themselves. James is unbearable. Rupert's ego is massive. Colby is POed at Jeff because they've been losing. JT is trying to be a puppet master and control everything. I remember why I was rooting for the Villains.

PUSH

Original Poster
An update from Martin Holmes on season 41. Sounds like they are good to go as far as the Fijian government is concerned. They will need to provide proof of negative COVID tests before boarding planes. They will also be screened before entering the plane, as well as on arrival to Fiji. All cast and crew will then need to undergo a 14 day quarantine in Fiji before being allowed to film.

This could alter the cast, but it sounds like they are able to film relatively soon. Survivor just needs to pick dates now.

PUSH

Original Poster
Rob's latest guests on Talkin' with T-Bird is none other than Heidi! I am so excited, but I still have to finish Tom's. And I have to finish Sophie and Tony's Deep Dives. All this content is great, but it's all coming so fast. And it's so hard when I don't drive anywhere!

surfsupdon

So I am riding my bike on our boardwalk at sunset last night and I see a big deck party and hear such a familiar valley girl voice. And I go "Survivor Michelle??? Meeesh??" And she goes "Yeah bro." So I spin around on my bike and say huge Survivor fan, welcome to summer, longest day of the year." And then I see Dean aka dkchillin, Tommy the teacher (and winner), Nathalie who just lived on extinction last season, and also Michelle's sis Kim from loved ones visit. I was star struck, but Michelle invited me up, had a few slices of pizza, and literally lived a Survivor dream of hanging with some cast. OMG!

PUSH

Original Poster
So I am riding my bike on our boardwalk at sunset last night and I see a big deck party and hear such a familiar valley girl voice. And I go "Survivor Michelle??? Meeesh??" And she goes "Yeah bro." So I spin around on my bike and say huge Survivor fan, welcome to summer, longest day of the year." And then I see Dean aka dkchillin, Tommy the teacher (and winner), Nathalie who just lived on extinction last season, and also Michelle's sis Kim from loved ones visit. I was star struck, but Michelle invited me up, had a few slices of pizza, and literally lived a Survivor dream of hanging with some cast. OMG!
Jealous.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sophie said in her deep dive that she got COVID back in March after being in New York around the time everything started closing down. She said she wasn't able to get a test then, but she got an anti-bodies test a few weeks ago and tested positive.

PUSH

Original Poster
Lol remember when we all thought Sophie had covid at Final Tribal??! She was def sick!!
She said it was bug that 40 or 50 crew members got, too. She said they were mostly able to recover in a day, but because of being starved on an island, she had a solid 5 or so days of being miserable. The said the plane ride back was awful. Her then-fiance was waiting for her at LAX with the food she requested during the loved-ones visit, but she couldn't eat any of it. She said at the final TC that she didn't say anything, and she felt bad because she was glaring at people who kept talking because she just wanted to get out of the rain and be done. Didn't sound fun.

But I love Sophie. I think she and I would get along really well. I think our personalities are kind of similar.

surfsupdon

So today I met Liz, Megan, Jason, and Janet from S39 on the beach. They were at the house with Dean, Tommy, and Michelle. I lent Tommy a surfboard and we rode a few waves. He was too cold so it was quick. Water was fine, but not traditionally warm. Liz never shut up talking to me....it was hard for me to engage with the others. She was annoying me. First world fan problems! But AGAIN what an awesome summer day!!!!

Funny story-Dkchillin asked me if I knew who a person in their group was. I said I didn’t. He called me not a true fan. I laughed and said ‘Bro it’s Michelle’s sister Kim, I was lying and you believed me,’ all the girls laughed, and he punched my arm it was great.

Thanks for listening to my fan stories!!

PUSH

Original Poster
I finally finished Tony's Deep Dive. His mind just works on a different level when it comes to Survivor. How he comes up with those elaborate plans and lies on the fly is beyond me. And then he keeps them straight. And the lies involve seemingly every tribe mate, and he still is able to pull it off. Crazy. Very humble, too.

artvandelay

I finally finished Tony's Deep Dive. His mind just works on a different level when it comes to Survivor. How he comes up with those elaborate plans and lies on the fly is beyond me. And then he keeps them straight. And the lies involve seemingly every tribe mate, and he still is able to pull it off. Crazy. Very humble, too.
He never stopped playing the game. He seemed genuinely hurt that Sandra tried to backstab him.

PUSH

Original Poster
Martin Holmes has reported that season 41 is still a long ways from filming, saying that the earliest they will film is September. Season 42 is tentatively planned to film in early 2021. Season 43's casting website says they tentatively plan to film between mid May and early June 2021. Mentioned of season 44 casting have been removed.

PUSH

Original Poster
Dalton Ross sent out a Quarantine Questionnaire to past contestants and highlighting a different contestant each day. Today he featured Sierra Reed from Tocantins.

She said she was asked back for Heroes vs Villains as a hero, and she said yes. But then she got engaged to a producer from her season, so she couldn't go. I wonder who replaced her. Candice? It always seemed weird to me that she was a hero after the show painted her as a villain in Cook Islands for abandoning her tribe.

PUSH

Original Poster
Some thoughts as I'm winding down my Heroes vs Villains rewatch:

1. I don't think Russell had any shot of beating anyone in the final 6 (Rupert, Colby, Parvati, Jerri, Sandra). If we back it up to the final 7, I think he could have beaten Danielle. I think his best shot to win was with Parvati and Danielle. Do I think he wins? No. I think Parvati wins. But I think that was his last chance to create a final 3 with the possibility of him winning.

2. Parvati's chances of winning were ruined when Russell took out Danielle, too. I think the only final 3 that Parvati wins in is Parvati, Russell, and Danielle. Maybe Parvati, Russell, Jerri, but I think Jerri takes that. And I don't think that's a knock on Parvati's gameplay. Her only option was to attach onto Russell early. And once the merge came, getting rid of Russell was a bad move, because she knows he's beatable. The thing that really hurt her game was Russell's lie. Parvati was supposed to go home if JT's plan and note had gone his way. So the heroes disliked her from that point on. And then she was supposed to be the merge vote. She avoided that vote and played JT's idol, and that just rubbed salt in the wound. But that was the only play she had. Had she found both idols herself, and one wasn't JT's, I think the heroes would have viewed it more as a good move. But since one idol was JT's, they viewed it as sneaky and deceitful. Outside of the trio of Parvati, Danielle, and Russell, I think from that point forward, Parvati's chances against other players were slim. And that's because of Russell's lie, not Parvati's.

3. The one thing that has been held against Russell since his first season was his social game. That's the reason he's never won. And this is tied to the social game, but another major flaw in his game is he does consider other people's perceptions. At the final 6, he wanted to take Parvati out and go to the final three with Rupert and Colby. The only reason Parvati wasn't targeted was because she won immunity. Are you kidding me? Rupert wins with that jury 100/100 times in that scenario. And even if Rupert is voted out, that jury is going to favor Colby over you, too. Russell's reads are flawed. He's great at getting the vote to go his way, but his decisions are not always good. Taking out Danielle was not good for him. And wanting to go to the end with two heroes is not a winning formula.

4. Another flaw with Russell's game is his massive ego. He always talks about how he's in control, and how he manipulates people. But watching back, he was manipulated by others multiple times. All you have to do is push Russell's buttons in the right way, and he will turn his attention away from you to someone else. Pretty much you just have to make it seem like someone is against him, and he will start fuming and go crazy. This can go back to his reads on people.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just listened to the first half hour of Yul's deep dive. He gave a little more info about Jonathan Penner and his wife, Stacy, who is battling ALS. He said she's getting close to the end. She can only communicate with her eyes, as that's the only part of her body she has control over. But he says even that is starting to fade away. He said Jonathan and Stacy have already communicated that once all communication is gone, they will take he off life support. Such a cruel disease. And it's not over once Stacy passes. She has a genetic form of ALS, which means their kids have a 50% chance of getting it, too. Yul has talked to a leading ALS researcher who says she's optimistic that there may be some form of therapy treatment in the next 4-5 years. But he said while it's too late for Stacy, a lot of this fundraising they've been doing is really for their children. Heartbreaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom