Survivor S40: Winners at War

PUSH

Original Poster
This is about a month old now, but I just saw a video from before the finale of Jeff saying he wants a tribe of teenagers. That seems to be the reason for the lowering of application age. You may have already seen the video.

Sorry, but I still stand by not wanting anyone under 18 on the show.

dmw

In the Parks
No
This is about a month old now, but I just saw a video from before the finale of Jeff saying he wants a tribe of teenagers. That seems to be the reason for the lowering of application age. You may have already seen the video.

Sorry, but I still stand by not wanting anyone under 18 on the show.
Yeah... I really cannot see an under 18 group being a good thing. Hormones, mental state, etc.... nope. Don't go there, Jeff.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yeah... I really cannot see an under 18 group being a good thing. Hormones, mental state, etc.... nope. Don't go there, Jeff.
If they haven't cast many 18 year olds, there's probably a reason. The only 18 years olds they've cast are Julia in 32, Will in 33, and Michael in 36. Julia was okay. Will wasn't anything special. Michael was good.

I think Jeff is running out of good ideas. HvHvH, Ghost Island, EoE, IoI, and now teenagers? I know he keeps saying they need to reinvent the show to stay on the air, but if it's not a good idea... let it go. Jeff was against Winners at War. CBS pushed it. While Jeff is a great host, his creative side is off over the past several years.

PUSH

Original Poster
Rob Cesternino and T-Bird started season 2 of Talking with T-Bird recently. They interviewed Tom Westman. Interesting story. He said at the final immunity challenge about 10 hours in, Jeff told them they would go to one foot in half an hour. For about 25 minutes, Tom debated which foot to stand on before he told Jeff he wasn't doing it. He said his foot could accidentally touch the pole and cost him $1 million, and he was going to play by the rules stated at the beginning of the challenge. He said Jeff and producers weren't happy, but Jeff told him later that was a million dollar choice Tom made.

artvandelay

Rob Cesternino and T-Bird started season 2 of Talking with T-Bird recently. They interviewed Tom Westman. Interesting story. He said at the final immunity challenge about 10 hours in, Jeff told them they would go to one foot in half an hour. For about 25 minutes, Tom debated which foot to stand on before he told Jeff he wasn't doing it. He said his foot could accidentally touch the pole and cost him $1 million, and he was going to play by the rules stated at the beginning of the challenge. He said Jeff and producers weren't happy, but Jeff told him later that was a million dollar choice Tom made.
I listened to it too. Tom was smart when he asked the CBS rep about the rules. I was surprised that he was never contacted about Winners at War.

PUSH

Original Poster
I listened to it too. Tom was smart when he asked the CBS rep about the rules. I was surprised that he was never contacted about Winners at War.
I'm not too far into the podcast. I don't think I've gotten to the point where he says he was never contacted. Maybe because he's very old school, and he's a player I'm not sure would play well with the advantages and twists. Could be wrong, but he did mention that he's happy he played before all of that.

artvandelay

I'm not too far into the podcast. I don't think I've gotten to the point where he says he was never contacted. Maybe because he's very old school, and he's a player I'm not sure would play well with the advantages and twists. Could be wrong, but he did mention that he's happy he played before all of that.
True. He also has some post 9/11 health issues.

PUSH

Original Poster
True. He also has some post 9/11 health issues.
I'm assuming production had to know that. But if they really wanted him, they could have done the proper screening and testing like they had to do with Ethan.

He said they contacted him for Blood vs Water, but he turned them down. Maybe they thought he was done after HvV.

It probably come down to several factors. Of the old school male winners, guys like Rob and Ethan were going to take his spot for sure. Yul is very strategic and logically could play well in modern day Survivor. And there are a lot of recent male winners to try and fit in, too, which takes more of the male spots. I obviously would have loved to see Tom back over someone like Ben, but I do understand why they felt they didn't need him. It doesn't help that they typically don't like players in their 50s+. Denise was the oldest player on the cast at 48 when they filmed.

PUSH

Original Poster
Forgot to post this last week, but my Winners at War Against ALS shirt came. Signed by Tony, Michele, and Natalie. Love it!

20200615_163740.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Michele had an interesting take in her deep dive (I'm watching it right now). She said she thought people were playing a little safer because they didn't want to go to the Edge. So they just rode the tide instead. She said after the family visit is when people really started to wake up from that mindset.

So the Edge really could have slowed the gameplay down for some players. Interesting.

artvandelay

I’m almost done. Tony was playing non stop. After listening to this I now understand why no one ever voted against him. Also, after listening to him explain the things he did and played 24/7, it reinforces how bad EoE is. Tony is managing friendships, alliances and strategy. EoE players are having scavenger hunts!

PUSH

Original Poster
where are these 'deep dives'?
You can find most of them here on YouTube:

All of them will be here, too. Some may have videos to go with them, and some may just be audio podcasts.

PUSH

Original Poster
Just realized there's a Sophie Deep Dive, too, that's not on YouTube, but it was recorded on video. I have to go back and watch that, too.

artvandelay

I do think Natalie absolutely should’ve went up against Tony in fire making. She might’ve won the whole thing if she beat him.
Tony said that on EoE, Rob was training them to make fire and they talked about whoever got back into the game would have to make fire at the final 4, even if it meant giving up immunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom