Survivor: Kaôh Rōng

TLtron

Unsure how I feel about next season's theme. There is enough Gen X - Millennial bickering on the internet. Why do we need more of that on Survivor? If they really wanted to make a generational metaphor on how life is realistically today, they should add a third tribe, and make it Gen X vs Millennials vs Baby Boomers. Have the BB's use up most of the resources prior to the other two tribes arriving, then give the others heck for not being able to make camp.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Unsure how I feel about next season's theme. There is enough Gen X - Millennial bickering on the internet. Why do we need more of that on Survivor? If they really wanted to make a generational metaphor on how life is realistically today, they should add a third tribe, and make it Gen X vs Millennials vs Baby Boomers. Have the BB's use up most of the resources prior to the other two tribes arriving, then give the others heck for not being able to make camp.
I laughed at this. I shouldn't have; but I did.
Welcome New Guy. Way to stir the pot. :hilarious:

TLtron

I laughed at this. I shouldn't have; but I did.
Welcome New Guy. Way to stir the pot. :hilarious:
I just wish they would leave that sort of stuff off Survivor. But then again, they've done battle of the races, genders, and social statuses, so I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I'll watch either way. :D

SAV

DAMN!!!! This was all over the road tonight. I liked that it came down to a tie and having to build a fire. Not sure why Cyd didn't spend any time trying to build a fire before tribal...just in case.

I disagree with the Michelle hate. As it was pointed out, she got stronger as the game went on and made the right call getting Neil out of the Jury. I started rooting for her a couple of episodes ago. Aubrey did play a great game overall as well, but didn't have the important social aspect. Just like Russell. She won the challenges when she needed to and played the middle, very well.

I was totally hoping that the special guest at the reunion was going to be "Mark". I had no idea that the Sia was a real person. I thought is was someone who didn't want to be recognized, so they wore that ridiculous hat.

I'll wait and judge the next season as it happens, but I didn't really care for the last time they had slackers on a show.

PUSH

DAMN!!!! This was all over the road tonight. I liked that it came down to a tie and having to build a fire. Not sure why Cyd didn't spend any time trying to build a fire before tribal...just in case.

I disagree with the Michelle hate. As it was pointed out, she got stronger as the game went on and made the right call getting Neil out of the Jury. I started rooting for her a couple of episodes ago. Aubrey did play a great game overall as well, but didn't have the important social aspect. Just like Russell. She won the challenges when she needed to and played the middle, very well.

I was totally hoping that the special guest at the reunion was going to be "Mark". I had no idea that the Sia was a real person. I thought is was someone who didn't want to be recognized, so they wore that ridiculous hat.

I'll wait and judge the next season as it happens, but I didn't really care for the last time they had slackers on a show.
I disagree with Aubry having a poor social game. I agree Michelle had the best social game out of all three, but Aubry had some good connections on the jury. Obviously Joe and Debbie, but she made strong bonds with Cydney, had the respect of Scot and Jason, and I even Michelle said she has hardly made anybody mad. I think this cast lacked the strategic mind to award someone like Aubry the million dollars.

SAV

I disagree with Aubry having a poor social game.
Who said that it was poor? But she only got 2 votes, so it definitely wasn't good enough.

I agree that this wasn't the right jury for her game play. Just like Hantz in his first season. He was clearly the best player, but the jury was more wanting a social game than the best game played.

PUSH

Who said that it was poor? But she only got 2 votes, so it definitely wasn't good enough.

I agree that this wasn't the right jury for her game play. Just like Hantz in his first season. He was clearly the best player, but the jury was more wanting a social game than the best game played.
Maybe not poor, but you said she didn't have a social game.

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons between Russell and Aubry, but I think they are two completely different situations. Russell didn't win because he made the jury bitter by being and arrogant jerk. Yes he played the best game, but he went down as one of the most notorious players in Survivor history at that point. Aubry I think not only played the best game between the final three, but also had a decent social game. I understand how Natalie beat Russell, because Russell's social game was arguably the worst in Survivor history, but Aubry had at least an average social ability. In this instance there's really nothing Aubry could have done to win other than win the final immunity and get Michelle out. But with this jury, I don't think anyone who made big moves could have won. I don't think Cydney would have won based on the jury's reaction during the fire building challenge. It seemed like a lot of jury members were just saying, "Michelle, I really want to vote for you because you didn't screw me over. Just give me one little thing you did so I have a reason to write your name down." It's just amazing how circumstantial winning this game is. Michelle definitely wasn't a goat by any means, but I've always struggled to award the social aspect over the strategic aspect.

Also apologies for the plethora of thoughts in this post. I didn't intend for it to be this long, but the thought kept flowing!

Wendy Pleakley

Maybe not poor, but you said she didn't have a social game.

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons between Russell and Aubry, but I think they are two completely different situations. Russell didn't win because he made the jury bitter by being and arrogant jerk. Yes he played the best game, but he went down as one of the most notorious players in Survivor history at that point. Aubry I think not only played the best game between the final three, but also had a decent social game. I understand how Natalie beat Russell, because Russell's social game was arguably the worst in Survivor history, but Aubry had at least an average social ability. In this instance there's really nothing Aubry could have done to win other than win the final immunity and get Michelle out. But with this jury, I don't think anyone who made big moves could have won. I don't think Cydney would have won based on the jury's reaction during the fire building challenge. It seemed like a lot of jury members were just saying, "Michelle, I really want to vote for you because you didn't screw me over. Just give me one little thing you did so I have a reason to write your name down." It's just amazing how circumstantial winning this game is. Michelle definitely wasn't a goat by any means, but I've always struggled to award the social aspect over the strategic aspect.

Also apologies for the plethora of thoughts in this post. I didn't intend for it to be this long, but the thought kept flowing!

I think this sums it up correctly. The jury will always have some hard feelings, but unless your opponent went too far in terms of being dislike-able (which Russell did) and not understanding the social aspect, suck it up.

Michelle barely registered with me as a character on the show. I would have picked either of the other two over her.

PUSH

Finally caught up. Definitely surprised by the outcome. I think Aubrey's social game must have looked better to the TV viewer than how it actually was.
That's something I thought, too, but everyone from the cast that I've heard says Aubry did not play a poor social game. I think we're all in agreement that Michele had the better social game, though. The only thing I can point to would be bitterness and the jury favoring social over strategic. When you look at the jury you can see cases of both. Jason and Scot are bitter people, even if they say they aren't. Just watch Cydney's Ponderosa video. It's kind of pathetic, really. From Ponderosa videos I get the sense that Julia is still playing the high school cliques and wants to be with the cool kids in Jason and Scot (plus she had a good relatonship with Michele). That's three votes right there pushing for Michele. In Michele's interview (link posted in this thread), she said she had a much stronger relationship with Cydney than what was shown on TV. There's four. Plus, even though Nick seems to be strategically inclined, he never really played with Aubry, so it's tough for him to see what she really did since her moves weren't "in your face".

So I can see where the votes came from, it's just not how I would have ever voted.

Side note, Cydney's Ponderosa video was awesome. I really like her, and I hope we see her play again. She's a down-to-earth, humble human with a chip on her shoulder.

NYwdwfan

That's something I thought, too, but everyone from the cast that I've heard says Aubry did not play a poor social game. I think we're all in agreement that Michele had the better social game, though. The only thing I can point to would be bitterness and the jury favoring social over strategic. When you look at the jury you can see cases of both. Jason and Scot are bitter people, even if they say they aren't. Just watch Cydney's Ponderosa video. It's kind of pathetic, really. From Ponderosa videos I get the sense that Julia is still playing the high school cliques and wants to be with the cool kids in Jason and Scot (plus she had a good relatonship with Michele). That's three votes right there pushing for Michele. In Michele's interview (link posted in this thread), she said she had a much stronger relationship with Cydney than what was shown on TV. There's four. Plus, even though Nick seems to be strategically inclined, he never really played with Aubry, so it's tough for him to see what she really did since her moves weren't "in your face".

So I can see where the votes came from, it's just not how I would have ever voted.

Side note, Cydney's Ponderosa video was awesome. I really like her, and I hope we see her play again. She's a down-to-earth, humble human with a chip on her shoulder.

Further to Cyd - I love her mom.

PUSH

I just found this video and thought it was pretty cool. It's Survivors awarding players different titles such as "Best Blindside", "Best Villain", etc.

Here are mine:

Challenge Beast - Ozzy
Villain - Russell Hantz
Best Blindside - JT or Parvati's blindsides in Micronesia
Flirt - Parvati
Strategist - Boston Rob
Best Player to Never Win - Rob Cesternino

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I just found this video and thought it was pretty cool. It's Survivors awarding players different titles such as "Best Blindside", "Best Villain", etc.

Here are mine:

Challenge Beast - Ozzy
Villain - Russell Hantz
Best Blindside - JT or Parvati's blindsides in Micronesia
Flirt - Parvati
Strategist - Boston Rob
Best Player to Never Win - Rob Cesternino

Video not available for me. Figures.
So much for NAFTA and free trade. Maybe we should pull a Canexit.

PUSH

Video not available for me. Figures.
So much for NAFTA and free trade. Maybe we should pull a Canexit.
It's players like Tina, Natalie Anderson, Rupert, Boston Rob, Jeremy, Woo, Cirie, and Joe answering the questions. Most of them said the obvious answers. Here's the rundown of what most said:

Challenge Best - Joe
Villain - Russell
Blindside - This one varied, and tended to lean toward a blindside from the season each player was in or part of.
Flirt - Parvati
Strategist - Boston Rob
Best Player to Never Win - Russell (also thrown in was Cirie, and Rupert and Woo each said themselves... Tina said Joe)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom