Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

PUSH

Agh! These videos are NEVER available for me. Again, I'm calling discrimination!
Sorry. Try searching for "SurvivoronCBS" on YouTube. That's the channel, and you may be able to access them that way. But it's probably just there for US viewers.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sorry. Try searching for "SurvivoronCBS" on YouTube. That's the channel, and you may be able to access them that way. But it's probably just there for US viewers.
The FB links often don't work up here either.
YouTube is far less discriminatory.

NYwdwfan

10 more days! I wonder if we will start seeing previews during football this week - I can't remember if it's just the Sunday before the premiere or 2 Sundays out that we start seeing them.

PUSH

10 more days! I wonder if we will start seeing previews during football this week - I can't remember if it's just the Sunday before the premiere or 2 Sundays out that we start seeing them.
Can't wait! The cast seems pretty good from what I've seen so far, and we all know the cast is what makes or breaks a season. You can have the best theme and have the worst season. Or you can have the worst theme (which, let's be honest, HvHvH is pretty much on the bottom of the theme power rankings), yet still have a great season. Millennials vs Gen X is an example of how bad themes can still be good seasons.

Also, have they shortened how long the seasons are? I feel like they've done a lot of final 6 in the final episode the past few seasons, when it always used to be a final 5. I just feel like the seasons are starting later and ending sooner.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Also something that's interesting to note. Usually Survivor premieres before the finale of Big Brother, but this year, we have the Big Brother finale a week prior to the start of Survivor.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Can't wait! The cast seems pretty good from what I've seen so far, and we all know the cast is what makes or breaks a season. You can have the best theme and have the worst season. Or you can have the worst theme (which, let's be honest, HvHvH is pretty much on the bottom of the theme power rankings), yet still have a great season. Millennials vs Gen X is an example of how bad themes can still be good seasons.

Also, have they shortened how long the seasons are? I feel like they've done a lot of final 6 in the final episode the past few seasons, when it always used to be a final 5. I just feel like the seasons are starting later and ending sooner.
Usually the final six finale occurs when there's a 20 person cast (i.e. Two tribes) and not when there's an 18 person, 3 tribe cast. I could potentially be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

PUSH

Usually the final six finale occurs when there's a 20 person cast (i.e. Two tribes) and not when there's an 18 person, 3 tribe cast. I could potentially be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Ah, that makes sense.

What's also nice is when they have back-to-back dud episodes and can combine them into one. What I didn't like last season is how they put Andrea's elimination into a double episode, even though she was a power house player. I feel like the story of why she was voted out was rushed and not told to the greatest extent it should have been.

artvandelay

Rob has a podcast has been doing pregame interviews with the entire cast. Interviews were done in Fiji right before the start of the game. So far the cast sounds great. A lot good players. Also he has a podcast called First one out. It's about the fear of being the first castaway voted out. It has in depth interviews with the new cast and interviews with some of the former first ones out from prior seasons. You can find all of this on iTunes or robhasawebsite.com.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Rob has a podcast has been doing pregame interviews with the entire cast. Interviews were done in Fiji right before the start of the game. So far the cast sounds great. A lot good players. Also he has a podcast called First one out. It's about the fear of being the first castaway voted out. It has in depth interviews with the new cast and interviews with some of the former first ones out from prior seasons. You can find all of this on iTunes or robhasawebsite.com.
I just tried to listen to Rob's podcast with Corinne Kaplan giving her assessment of the players. Ugh!

This is what I have been reduced to, waiting for my PVR to reboot for the past 3+ hours; but no, dead silence is better than listening to Corinne's potty mouth. Yikes.

On the other hand, Rob's backyard interviews with the BB cast were outstanding last week. He threw so much shade on Raven, and she didn't even know it. :hilarious:

Last edited:

PUSH

I just tried to listen to Rob's podcast with Corinne Kaplan giving her assessment of the players. Ugh!

This is what I have been reduced to waiting for my PVR to reboot for the past 3+ hours; but no, dead silence is better than listening to Corinne's potty mouth. Yikes.

On the other hand, Rob's backyard interviews with the BB cast was outstanding last week. He threw so much shade on Raven, and she didn't even know it. :hilarious:
Corinne Kaplan is my favorite confessionalist (is that a word) in Survivor history. She is hilarious. Just look at my signature that's been standing strong for quite some time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Corinne Kaplan is my favorite confessionalist (is that a word) in Survivor history. She is hilarious. Just look at my signature that's been standing strong for quite some time.
She's PG-rated in the confessionals. She's definitely wading into Amy Schumer territory on Rob's podcast. Have you heard it?

artvandelay

This is what I have been reduced to, waiting for my PVR to reboot for the past 3+ hours; but no, dead silence is better than listening to Corinne's potty mouth. Yikes.

On the other hand, Rob's backyard interviews with the BB cast were outstanding last week. He threw so much shade on Raven, and she didn't even know it. :hilarious:
I listened to Josh Wigglers interviews. Very funny and clean.

Rob's backyard interviews were great. "Raven, which flavor of Paul's kool aid was your favorite to drink?"

PUSH

My very uninformed winner pick: Ashley. My runner-up pick: Desi.

That means it's probably a double boot premiere and they both go home tonight.

Past winner picks...

Cambodia: Vytas
Koah Rong: Michele (unofficially, but I thought from episode one she was the winner)
Millennials vs Gen X: Figgy (runner-up was Adam)
Game Changers: Andrea

So I've had two fails in Vytas and Figgy, one right on with Michele, and one pretty decent one in Andrea. Adam was a pretty good pick as runner-up in MvGX.

PUSH

Yay! My winner pick wasn't the first boot, although I was very concerned Chrissy was going to play the idol for Katrina. But I think Chrissy made the right choice going with the tribe. Because otherwise she's on the outs. Whereas now she keeps the door open. I really like her, and I think she could go far.

I think Ashley and JP have the unfortunate label of a "power couple", even though they really didn't do anything to earn that label. I think they'll be prominent figures pre-merge, but won't make it to the merge, or that far after the merge.

Alan is crazy, I wish he would have gone.

Joe is trying too hard to be Tony, and nobody can be Tony except for Tony. I like Mike so far... thought I was going to hate him. Ryan is a Cochran-type guy, although more conniving. He's very jokingly critical of himself. And I like Cochran, but I don't need to see a second version of him. We'll see if that narrative continues to play out.

Overall, a decent first episode. Nothing special, but not boring. Jeff said the last third of the season is crazy and spectacular. It makes me wonder how lackluster the first two thirds are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom