1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

Discussion in 'TV Shows, Movies, and Music' started by RMichael21, May 25, 2017.

1. PUSH

PUSH Well-Known Member

Surprised it was Patrick! I thought the edit was set up for a Lauren boot. Patrick just seemed like too big of a character, but maybe they are setting him up to be memorable for a returning season.

I really liked Cole in this episode up until he spilled the beans about Joe's idol before the challenge. Now 4 of the other people on the tribe know who has the idol, which can come back to haunt him if there is a tribe swap. Info can leak quickly, especially in desperate situations. (This was typed before the preview about the swap next week).

I love Ali. She is my favorite of the season. She's smart, socially inclined, and likable. She is so good at making relationships with people, and everyone comes to her. I hope she doesn't get screwed by the swap. Because she's in a great spot as the invisible puppet master of the group. And if we were in the game, she doesn't seem threatening. On screen we can clearly tell she's a player, but her attitude and demeanor do not display that.

JenniferS and artvandelay like this.
  2. SAV

SAV Well-Known Member

JenniferS likes this.
  3. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

So glad the fisherman stayed. I can't stand ageist maneuvers, just getting rid of someone bc that person is older. There isn't any strategy in that. It's safe.

JenniferS and artvandelay like this.
  4. artvandelay

artvandelay Well-Known Member

I hear that Lauren the fisherman plays centerfield in softball.

5. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

I'm still lost trying to get hooked on this season..

6. PUSH

PUSH Well-Known Member

Wow! Did not see that coming. I thought Desi was getting the vote-off edit, because she had virtually no confessionals until tonight. The advantage had no merit tonight because I think Devon would have voted for Joe anyway.

Speaking of Joe... don't like him. His even more aggressive style than Tony will get him. I could see Desi turning on him.

I really like Devon. I think he's a smart player. Not as surfer-dude as I thought he would be, but I keep hearing everyone refer to him as that. I think that's working to his advantage. They aren't viewing him as a threat.

Cole also has so much potential, but he just blabs anything he hears. Did he even have a conversation with Ben that would lead him to think Ben was working with him? Didn't look like it. I like Jessica, but she has a liability in her partner.

I'm starting to like this season more and more. Ali is still my favorite, but I like several other players, too. And even the ones I don't like, they are fun to root against. It is having a Cagayan type feel.

I think they are also making advantages only good for the next TC because of the Cirie incident last season. I think they would have loved to tell Cirie's story, and I think she could have won had she not been so unlucky. Production would have loved that. Fans would have loved that. But production's blunder of so many idols/advantages/immunities is what took any chance of that away.

7. GenerationX

GenerationX Well-Known Member

Cole is not the sharpest machete in the Survivor toolbox.

Chrissy is getting a winner's edit.

Ben is not up on his Survivor cliches. When you're an odd person out after a tribe switch, the right answer to Jeff's question is NOT to talk about being nervous. The right answer to that (and most of) Jeff's questions is to be BLAND. "Want to help", "Looking forward to it", "They're very nice", "Happy to be here", etc.

artvandelay and JenniferS like this.
  8. PUSH

PUSH Well-Known Member

I think they spun it that way, but I thought Chrissy was being very naive when she said Ryan saw something special in her. The reason he gave it to her was purely strategic. She had just thrown up at the challenge and clearly looked like the person on the bottom of the totem pole. And he knew she'd be an easy person to pull in if they would swap or merge together. Pretty calculated move. Being optimistic and thinking "best case scenario" usually doesn't pay off in Survivor. But the music and way it was edited turned it into an uplifting moment. There are so many people that I could see winning based on their edits. Chrissy, Ryan, Devon, Ali, Jessica. I could even see Joe winning with a Tony-like case should he make it all the way. Jeff did say it was going to be a crazy final TC, and that people would be torn on who should win. Maybe there are three worthy candidates.

JenniferS likes this.
  9. sunsetblvd26

sunsetblvd26 Well-Known Member

I wish...unfortunately Jeff had a preseason interview where he described Advantagegeddon as a “dream come true”...

10. PUSH

PUSH Well-Known Member

He wouldn't publicly say it was a screw up, because it was a major one if it was. Plus, I think the reaction to that was negative overall from the public.

11. SAV

SAV Well-Known Member

12. JenniferS

JenniferS Selectively Phobic Premium Member

So, Survivor Friday, as usual for me. And this week I can’t even blame Bible Study. :hilarious:

Cole is a dummy. Loose lips sink ships. There was zero reason for him to have blabbed to both Ben and Lauren. I think my earlier admiration was misplaced.

Joe. One word - ugh! Can’t stand him.

Sorry, not sorry, to see Alan go.

My top three at this point: Ben, Ali, Des. Runners-up: Ryan, Chrissy, JP.

Dalton Ross’ recap. He’s gotten quite hyperbolic and silly lately, but there are a few very insightful nuggets contained therein.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/ew.com/recap/survivor-season-35-episode-4/amp/

GenerationX and artvandelay like this.
  13. Wendy Pleakley

Wendy Pleakley Well-Known Member

Even with the time limit on certain advantages, this show is starting to feel very random.

I used to get excited on the rare occasion an idol impacted the vote, but it's at the point where it feels like there's too much luck involved in terms of getting far in the game.

I'm watching Australian Survivor Season 4 right now, and actually enjoying it a lot more. They have some really interesting challenges, another area I feel Survivor USA has grown stale in.