1. Ben
2. Lauren
3. Devon
4. Chrissy
5. Ryan
6. Mike
7. Ashley

PUSH

Sounds like tonight's episode is going to be crazy. I've heard from a couple different sources that you won't want to miss it. No specifics, though.

PUSH

What just happened? I don't think I've seen such a collapse of trust between every single player in the game. Looks like the only alliances are Chrissy/Ryan and Ashley/Devon.

The biggest asset in this game right now is Chrissy's partnership with Ryan. I don't think there's a stronger bond in the game. I see why Ben wanted Lauren gone, but he has no trust with anyone now. It's impossible to predict what will happen now. But Lauren made a MASSIVE mistake in giving Mike part of her idol. I'm not sure what her angle was there.

I think now that Lauren is gone, there are two winner picks. Ben or Chrissy. Ben was my 2nd favorite before tonight, but he has proven to have quite the ego. Chrissy does, too. That's why they've clashed so much. I think both of their egos have been their biggest faults. They've both led to stupid moves, and if Devon, Ashley, Ryan and Mike were smart, they'd ban together and vote them out. I don't see them being that smart, though.

Power rankings going forward:

1. Mike
2. Ryan
3. Devon
4. Ashley
5. Chrissy
6. Ben

Who would win if they got to the end right now:
1. Ben
2. Chrissy
3. Devon
4. Mike
5. Ashley
6. Ryan

Ryan really has not made any moves since pre-merge.

GenerationX

I never like the Loved Ones episodes, and the first half was a predictable snore for me.

However, the second half was a wild Survivor ride o' fun! Extremely entertaining.

krause

Yes I also tire of the loved ones episode. However this “chance” challenge was interesting because often it is a very bad idea to win the loved ones challenge because whoever you don’t pick to go with you can get veryyyy resentful (didn’t it blow up an alliance in a recent season?). So the fact that this possible “bad” advantage was basically randomly assigned is interesting to me (although Jeff said in his EW interview that the point of it was simply to be quick). No one could throw the challenge to avoid ing other people off.

I’m sooo sad though that Lauren is gone. But yes some strange moves with giving half the idol to mike (although I understand her trying to build trust, and I love how everyone says she should have just grabbed it out of the fire). Ben and Chrissy’s egos are getting irritating but I feel like they’re both on the path to the finals possibly with Mike.

Lauren mentioned in her interview an ongoing Ryan-Devon connection too which we haven’t seen much on the show since Devon broke it off, but maybe it will come back into play?

I love how everyone is playing so hard this season but no one seems to be playing it safe. It has been a good season.

flynnibus

Premium Member
don't we think Ben will have Jury problems now?

I loved the layered play with having an idol and getting the others to show their cards... very well done... but I gotta figure bitter jury starts happening here and he doesn't seem to be on anyone's christmas card list...

PUSH

I can see some bitter jurors and some who aren't. Chrissy would be bitter. I think the majority would applaud his gameplay, though. It seems like a pretty level-headed group as far as gameplay and betrayal goes. Not a lot of emotional gameplay, except from Chrissy.

krause

Yeah I feel like they’re making Ben out to be more hated than he actually is. He’s got the whole veteran-with-a-family thing which is why no one wants to take him to the end. I think if they all really hated him they would WANT to take him to the end because they would think they could beat him but so far it still seems like they all don’t think they could beat him in the end. They all seem pretty chill about the game at Ponderosa other than Joe. With lauren gone I actually see Devon having a pretty good shot at the end if he can make it there.

PS is @JenniferS even watching anymore?!?

Last edited:

PUSH

I think they've been painting both Ben and Chrissy as heroes and villains. Chrissy has gotten a lot of "winners edit" moments, but has also had a lot of negativity thrown her way. I've also heard from several exit interviews that she doesn't seem well liked. Ben I've seen similar edits with, but he seems to be more well-liked around camp. And I think his gameplay is more respected. Devon is an underdog who has made some strategic decisions, but hasn't made anyone mad. He's a more strategic Michele Fitzgerald.

krause

I think they've been painting both Ben and Chrissy as heroes and villains. Chrissy has gotten a lot of "winners edit" moments, but has also had a lot of negativity thrown her way. I've also heard from several exit interviews that she doesn't seem well liked. Ben I've seen similar edits with, but he seems to be more well-liked around camp. And I think his gameplay is more respected. Devon is an underdog who has made some strategic decisions, but hasn't made anyone mad. He's a more strategic Michele Fitzgerald.

Yep agree with them both having good and bad edited in. I think though in reality, Chrissy was quite disliked and Ben was more liked. I feel like even if Chrissy makes it to the end, people don’t like her enough to vote for her. I think with Lauren on the jury and most likely Ashley at some point, they could build a strong case for Devon if he makes it to the end because they saw his strategy. And from exit interviews it seems like everyone loves him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yeah I feel like they’re making Ben out to be more hated than he actually is. He’s got the whole veteran-with-a-family thing which is why no one wants to take him to the end. I think if they all really hated him they would WANT to take him to the end because they would think they could beat him but so far it still seems like they all don’t think they could beat him in the end. They all seem pretty chill about the game at Ponderosa other than Joe. With lauren gone I actually see Devon having a pretty good shot at the end if he can make it there.

PS is @JenniferS even watching anymore?!?
I went back to work after a one year hiatus. I am four episodes behind! I’ve got almost four weeks off for Christmas though, so I will catch up. Maybe even this week. :)

krause

I went back to work after a one year hiatus. I am four episodes behind! I’ve got almost four weeks off for Christmas though, so I will catch up. Maybe even this week. :)

Ugh silly life interfering with TV watching! Well sorry for pulling you to this page of spoilers, I didn’t even think about that when I posted :facepalm: Let us know what you think when you’re all caught up!

PUSH

When I was bored once, I did a ranking of all Survivor winners based on a score I gave them for 4 categories: physical, social, strategic, and strength of competition. I weighed each of those categories, for example strategic weighed more heavily that physical ability. Here's my rankings, based solely on their winning season.

1. Parvati (44)
2. Kim (40)
3. Boston Rob (40)
4. Tom (39.5)
5. JT (39.5)
6. Yul (39)
7. Cochran (37.5)
8. Jeremy (7)
9. Sarah (35)
10. Tony (33.5)
11. Todd (33.5)
12. Tyson (33.5)
13. Natalie Anderson (33)
14. Mike (33)
15. Rich (32.5)
16. Earl (32)
17. Sandra - HvV (31.5)
18. Adam (31.5)
19. Brian (31)
20. Aras (30.5)
21. Ethan (30.5)
22. Denise (30)
23. Michele (30)
24. Tina (30)
25. Danni (30)
26. Sophie (29.5)
27. Jenna (29.5)
28. Chris (28.5)
29. Amber (27.5)
30. Bob (26)
31. Sandra - PI (25.5)
32. Fabio (23.5)
33. Natalie White (23.5)
34. Vecepia (20)

There's obviously flaws in my rankings, because I believe Tony should be higher than 10th. I didn't account for style points, and Tony definitely earns style points for how he pulled off his win.

krause

When I was bored once, I did a ranking of all Survivor winners based on a score I gave them for 4 categories: physical, social, strategic, and strength of competition. I weighed each of those categories, for example strategic weighed more heavily that physical ability. Here's my rankings, based solely on their winning season.

1. Parvati (44)
2. Kim (40)
3. Boston Rob (40)
4. Tom (39.5)
5. JT (39.5)
6. Yul (39)
7. Cochran (37.5)
8. Jeremy (7)
9. Sarah (35)
10. Tony (33.5)
11. Todd (33.5)
12. Tyson (33.5)
13. Natalie Anderson (33)
14. Mike (33)
15. Rich (32.5)
16. Earl (32)
17. Sandra - HvV (31.5)
18. Adam (31.5)
19. Brian (31)
20. Aras (30.5)
21. Ethan (30.5)
22. Denise (30)
23. Michele (30)
24. Tina (30)
25. Danni (30)
26. Sophie (29.5)
27. Jenna (29.5)
28. Chris (28.5)
29. Amber (27.5)
30. Bob (26)
31. Sandra - PI (25.5)
32. Fabio (23.5)
33. Natalie White (23.5)
34. Vecepia (20)

There's obviously flaws in my rankings, because I believe Tony should be higher than 10th. I didn't account for style points, and Tony definitely earns style points for how he pulled off his win.

Not a bad ranking! Also maybe need to include how many times they had played before? Boston Rob did play a flawless game but it was his 4th time out with a bunch of starstruck newbies haha. I do agree that Jeremy should be higher than the 15th in the EW rankings although it also was his second time out I thought he played a solid game. And Richard Hatch does get some bonus points simply for being the first winner :D

PUSH

Not a bad ranking! Also maybe need to include how many times they had played before? Boston Rob did play a flawless game but it was his 4th time out with a bunch of starstruck newbies haha. I do agree that Jeremy should be higher than the 15th in the EW rankings although it also was his second time out I thought he played a solid game. And Richard Hatch does get some bonus points simply for being the first winner :D
That's why I only did it based on their winning season. And Boston Rob took a hit for strength of opponents. It's impossible to compare seasons to one another, and compare Rob in his 4th season, to say Tyson in his 3rd, so I stayed with just their winning seasons.

sunsetblvd26

For me:

1. Kim
2. Boston Rob
3. Tom
4. Brian
5. JT
6. Tony
7. Earl
8. Jeremy
9. Rich
10. Sarah
11. Cochran
12. Tyson
13. Parvati
14. Vecepia
15. Mike
16. Todd
17. Sandra - PI
18. Aras
19. Denise
20. Natalie Anderson
21. Yul
22. Natalie White
23. Michele
24. Tina
25. Adam
26. Danni
27. Amber
28. Jenna
29. Chris
30. Sandra - HvV
31. Ethan
32. Fabio
33. Sophie
34. Bob

This too is just based on individual winning games, otherwise I'd move people like Rob and JT down more, and Parvati and Sandra as a whole up higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom