Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

PUSH

Surprised it was Patrick! I thought the edit was set up for a Lauren boot. Patrick just seemed like too big of a character, but maybe they are setting him up to be memorable for a returning season.

I really liked Cole in this episode up until he spilled the beans about Joe's idol before the challenge. Now 4 of the other people on the tribe know who has the idol, which can come back to haunt him if there is a tribe swap. Info can leak quickly, especially in desperate situations. (This was typed before the preview about the swap next week).

I love Ali. She is my favorite of the season. She's smart, socially inclined, and likable. She is so good at making relationships with people, and everyone comes to her. I hope she doesn't get screwed by the swap. Because she's in a great spot as the invisible puppet master of the group. And if we were in the game, she doesn't seem threatening. On screen we can clearly tell she's a player, but her attitude and demeanor do not display that.

PUSH

Wow! Did not see that coming. I thought Desi was getting the vote-off edit, because she had virtually no confessionals until tonight. The advantage had no merit tonight because I think Devon would have voted for Joe anyway.

Speaking of Joe... don't like him. His even more aggressive style than Tony will get him. I could see Desi turning on him.

I really like Devon. I think he's a smart player. Not as surfer-dude as I thought he would be, but I keep hearing everyone refer to him as that. I think that's working to his advantage. They aren't viewing him as a threat.

Cole also has so much potential, but he just blabs anything he hears. Did he even have a conversation with Ben that would lead him to think Ben was working with him? Didn't look like it. I like Jessica, but she has a liability in her partner.

I'm starting to like this season more and more. Ali is still my favorite, but I like several other players, too. And even the ones I don't like, they are fun to root against. It is having a Cagayan type feel.

I think they are also making advantages only good for the next TC because of the Cirie incident last season. I think they would have loved to tell Cirie's story, and I think she could have won had she not been so unlucky. Production would have loved that. Fans would have loved that. But production's blunder of so many idols/advantages/immunities is what took any chance of that away.

GenerationX

Cole is not the sharpest machete in the Survivor toolbox.

Chrissy is getting a winner's edit.

Ben is not up on his Survivor cliches. When you're an odd person out after a tribe switch, the right answer to Jeff's question is NOT to talk about being nervous. The right answer to that (and most of) Jeff's questions is to be BLAND. "Want to help", "Looking forward to it", "They're very nice", "Happy to be here", etc.

PUSH

Cole is not the sharpest machete in the Survivor toolbox.

Chrissy is getting a winner's edit.

Ben is not up on his Survivor cliches. When you're an odd person out after a tribe switch, the right answer to Jeff's question is NOT to talk about being nervous. The right answer to that (and most of) Jeff's questions is to be BLAND. "Want to help", "Looking forward to it", "They're very nice", "Happy to be here", etc.
I think they spun it that way, but I thought Chrissy was being very naive when she said Ryan saw something special in her. The reason he gave it to her was purely strategic. She had just thrown up at the challenge and clearly looked like the person on the bottom of the totem pole. And he knew she'd be an easy person to pull in if they would swap or merge together. Pretty calculated move. Being optimistic and thinking "best case scenario" usually doesn't pay off in Survivor. But the music and way it was edited turned it into an uplifting moment. There are so many people that I could see winning based on their edits. Chrissy, Ryan, Devon, Ali, Jessica. I could even see Joe winning with a Tony-like case should he make it all the way. Jeff did say it was going to be a crazy final TC, and that people would be torn on who should win. Maybe there are three worthy candidates.

sunsetblvd26

I think they are also making advantages only good for the next TC because of the Cirie incident last season. I think they would have loved to tell Cirie's story, and I think she could have won had she not been so unlucky. Production would have loved that. Fans would have loved that. But production's blunder of so many idols/advantages/immunities is what took any chance of that away.
I wish...unfortunately Jeff had a preseason interview where he described Advantagegeddon as a “dream come true”...

PUSH

I wish...unfortunately Jeff had a preseason interview where he described Advantagegeddon as a “dream come true”...
He wouldn't publicly say it was a screw up, because it was a major one if it was. Plus, I think the reaction to that was negative overall from the public.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, Survivor Friday, as usual for me. And this week I can’t even blame Bible Study. :hilarious:

Cole is a dummy. Loose lips sink ships. There was zero reason for him to have blabbed to both Ben and Lauren. I think my earlier admiration was misplaced.

Joe. One word - ugh! Can’t stand him.

Sorry, not sorry, to see Alan go.

My top three at this point: Ben, Ali, Des. Runners-up: Ryan, Chrissy, JP.

Dalton Ross’ recap. He’s gotten quite hyperbolic and silly lately, but there are a few very insightful nuggets contained therein.
https://www.google.ca/amp/ew.com/recap/survivor-season-35-episode-4/amp/

Wendy Pleakley

Even with the time limit on certain advantages, this show is starting to feel very random.

I used to get excited on the rare occasion an idol impacted the vote, but it's at the point where it feels like there's too much luck involved in terms of getting far in the game.

I'm watching Australian Survivor Season 4 right now, and actually enjoying it a lot more. They have some really interesting challenges, another area I feel Survivor USA has grown stale in.

PUSH

I kind of saw it coming because it was the classic "nobody knows who you are until the boot episode", but I think Ryan made the wrong decision. I think him, Ali and Roark could have been a strong trio, plus he'd be able to pull in Devon at the merge. Right now he's put his eggs in a totally unknown basket with Chrissy. She was the bottom of the Heroes tribe, and she really offers nothing as far as numbers go once you hit the merge. Ali was a strong ally, and it will be interesting to see if she makes the merge what Devon will think. I can see Lauren still staying with Ryan, but I don't know if Ryan really wants to work with Lauren. Ryan was also in the perfect position. Nobody had a target on him. There was no reason to. He's playing a perfect social game. Now he's put a target on his back by making a move way too early. And heck, who is going to be more upset... Ali if you vote for Roark, or JP if you vote for Chrissy? JP has zero emotions... he won't make any noise about it. Ali will.

Ali's position has gone down, as she lost an ally in Roark, and now Ryan, too. I still think she is savvy and social enough to pull through.

I really did not care for Chrissy in this episode. I've heard a lot of people choose her as a winner based on the past couple episodes, but she came across very arrogant tonight, and that's not something they normally portray in a winner. She is reminding me a little bit of Kass. She's very smart, but socially she could use some improving. So far, it's not nearly as bad as Kass, but they both have egos about how smart they are.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Pretty much everyone I liked the first episode I now can no longer stand. :hilarious:

I would have preferred Chrissy to go, even though Roark has been invisible up to now. Ryan siding with Chrissy does not bode well for Ali, who is one of my favourites.

I’m going to stick with original tribes for now.
Favourite Heroes: Ben & JP
Favourite Healers: Jessica, Des, & Dr. Mike
Favourite Hustlers: Ali & Devon

To boil it down to my favourite three overall ... Ben, Ali, Jessica.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with everything @PUSH has said.

krause

I’m new here but I’m just going to slide in like I’ve been here forever (because you are clearly my people - Survivor + Disney = :inlove:).

It seems like to me that Chrissy and Ryan are getting “winners edits” (as someone said previously) which is unfortunate. We also see a lot of Jessica which may just be the “virgin in love with a dumb-o (see what I did there;))” story line that they’re playing up but with Cole as always the bigger target she may make it fairly far. I don’t think Chrissy has the social game to win it. I think Ryan has it in him to be able to pull Ali back to his side, and if he can’t then he might have made the wrong move this time but it was probably a good idea to get rid of Roark as all the other original yellow tribe (Healers? Heroes? I already forget..) are all still around and I highly doubt she would pull him in after merge.

I still feel like there’s a lot of players we haven’t heard from yet and potentially some big players (did you SEE Desi rocking that balance beam? :eek:) so mayyybbeeee we’ll get introduced closer to some more yet, or maybe we already know who will make it to the end based on the editing :hilarious:.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I’m new here but I’m just going to slide in like I’ve been here forever (because you are clearly my people - Survivor + Disney = :inlove:).

It seems like to me that Chrissy and Ryan are getting “winners edits” (as someone said previously) which is unfortunate. We also see a lot of Jessica which may just be the “virgin in love with a dumb-o (see what I did there;))” story line that they’re playing up but with Cole as always the bigger target she may make it fairly far. I don’t think Chrissy has the social game to win it. I think Ryan has it in him to be able to pull Ali back to his side, and if he can’t then he might have made the wrong move this time but it was probably a good idea to get rid of Roark as all the other original yellow tribe (Healers? Heroes? I already forget..) are all still around and I highly doubt she would pull him in after merge.

I still feel like there’s a lot of players we haven’t heard from yet and potentially some big players (did you SEE Desi rocking that balance beam? :eek:) so mayyybbeeee we’ll get introduced closer to some more yet, or maybe we already know who will make it to the end based on the editing :hilarious:.
Welcome. It’s always nice to hear a fresh voice.

SAV

Welcome. It’s always nice to hear a fresh voice.

It is...as long as you agree with us.

If not, To the Pit of Misery...
tenor.gif

Last edited:

GenerationX

Welcome, krause! I still think Chrissy is getting a winner's edit, and I like your addition of Ryan to that. He is, too.

I agree with PUSH on the edit foreshadowing Roark's (who?) boot. Chrissy saw right through her and effectively neutralized her. I am still in camp Chrissy, as I find her shrewd and crafty in a good way. Unlike say, Joe.

Dr. Mike referred to himself in the third person in one of his confessionals, so I have to root against him now.

Who are the headless Survivor example challenge runners? We see their shirts, shorts, and shoes while Probst babbles on about how the challenge is supposed to work (ending, of course, with Probst "giving them a minute to strategize"), but we never see their faces. Maybe someday we'll see an animated version of them as the "Headless Coursemen" in "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Part 2: on Survivor Challenge Beach".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom