Surprise Trip

werac

Hello, This is my first time posting on one of these but I am looking for some tips and things to do. I am surprising my 13 year old sister with a trip to Disney in May. We have been multiple times so I am trying to make this trip a little different and do things we haven't done in the past. We are only in the parks for 3 days but we do have park hoppers. So I am wondering if people have any special or unique things they do in the parks?
Thanks!!

smk

Let her lead. Once you get there let her decide each day. If you are looking for things that are extra costs, I have always wanted to take the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think it sounds fun! If you are talking about something that costs nothing extra? Take a picture of her at every ride she picks, take a lot of selfies of the two of you having fun. Those things are PRICELESS.

Upvote 0

RinkaDink

-Don't ignore street performers, stop and watch the entertainment
-Pose with characters and get photos taken, see if you can be as crazy and goofy as possible with your poses, instead of posing formally ("Surf" with Lilo and Stitch, "Cast a spell" with Sorcerer Mickey, "Steal a Prince" if you can manage to get a photo op with a princess and her man)
-Pressed pennies, I started this last trip and have made a bracelet of them.
-Search for Hidden Mickeys, make a contest of who can get the most photos on their cell phone
-Pin trading, try to find your sister's favorite characters

I hope you and your sister have a Magical time

Upvote 0

MermaidJuli

A few ideas:
1. You could book an early breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK before the park opens, so then you get to go into the park before the crowds are there - that way you get to walk down Main Street and see the castle while it's quiet and mostly empty in the park.

2. Depending on where you're from (especially if it's from somewhere outside of Florida), it might be special to do a water sports experience - rent a jetski, go parasailing, rent a boat, go tubing/waterskiing. Wilderness Lodge has the Teton Boat & Bike Rentals station where you can get everything set up. I believe the Contemporary Resort also has a place where you can do water sports, as well.

3. Magic Kingdom has a Fireworks Dessert Party at Tommorrowland Terrace that can be booked ahead of time. There is a dessert buffet and seating to watch that evening's Wishes.

4. In Epcot, you can try one new treat from each of the countries around the world.

5. If you get to the park super early in the morning, you can make it to "Rope Drop" when the park opens and see the special little show they put on in front of Magic Kingdom as it opens.

6. Pick a Pearl in Japan at Epcot - This is something a lot of people enjoy, and it gives you something special to take home with you and keep as a unique souvenir. You select an oyster from a tank, and the cast member opens up the oyster to find a pearl inside. The pearl is yours to keep as it is, or you can have it set into a jewelry setting so that she can have a special ring or necklace to take home from her trip with her Disney pearl in it.

7. A lot of times people end up focusing only on their favorite rides each time they go. Maybe on this trip you can try to see the shows or attractions that you haven't caught in the past. One of them could end up being her new favorite!

It sounds like she will have a very special time simply because you are planning it for her. :) Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello, This is my first time posting on one of these but I am looking for some tips and things to do. I am surprising my 13 year old sister with a trip to Disney in May. We have been multiple times so I am trying to make this trip a little different and do things we haven't done in the past. We are only in the parks for 3 days but we do have park hoppers. So I am wondering if people have any special or unique things they do in the parks?
Thanks!!

Welcome!!! What a wonderful trip! I loved doing tea at the Grand Floridian! If you have not done a tour, I highly recommend a tour - like Disney Family Magic Tour! I have not done this particular one but the tours are great. Maybe if there is something you both like - like cupcakes - you can do a cupcake tour! Yum! BOG will be open for breakfast while you are there - so hop on tomorrow a.m. and try and get a breakfast ADR. Try and get all the magic shots and if you haven't already, get the memory maker and you can make her a book after you come back! What resort are you staying at? Maybe there are some fun resort things you can do if you haven't already like smores and a movie :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom