Surprise trip to WDW

Thumbelina

everyone planing on surprising someone with a trip to Disney should video tape it and post it on youtube. I love watching the surprise trips to disney videos! they always seem to make me cry! lol

This may not work for your older boy, but our girls (ages 7 and 5) LOVED it. I think your youngest could get a big kick out of this (and your older boy might secretly enjoy it.)

When they got home from school last Tuesday, they found a treasure map (on aged parchment paper with scorched edges). It led them on a scavenger hunt that led them to other maps, culminating in them digging in the back yard with flashlights, seeking the buried treasure. In the treasure chest they unearthed were their luggage tags. They've already asked if we can have "pirate treasure hunts" every year. DH and I had a BLAST putting this all together, too.

4everDory

We surprised our girls a few years ago. Our across-the-street neighbors invited us to go with them, so we decided to do it, without telling the girls. A few nights before leaving, we were over at said neighbors' house, and I told DD5 that her friend was leaving for WDW in a few days, and that she needed to tell her what she should make sure to ride. DD started crying, that she was going to miss her best friend. By the time we left, DD was a basket case! I helped her get over it by telling her I had a new game at home for she and her sister to play...it was a scavenger hunt I had made up with rhyming clues that took the girls all over the house. It ended up at the computer, where DH had edited together a video of their Disney trip from just over a year earlier (when he had said we wouldn't be returning for 4 more years), that ended with the dates for the trip we were taking in a few days. It took a few seconds for it to register, and then DD8 said, "Are we going to Disney World? With Abigail?!?" Screaming ensued, which was then followed by running back over to the neighbors' house, so they could tell Abigail (who had already gone to bed) that they were going to WDW with her. Neighbor went and got Abigail out of bed, and then the screaming of 3 girls probably woke the entire neighborhood :) It was a lot of fun, and DH and I had a ball planning it all. We were considering waiting to tell them on the way to the airport, but b/c DD5 was (and still is) very particular about clothes and what items she likes to take on vacation with her, we decided to give a couple days notice, so the girls could help pack their suitcases and decide which clothes, princess dresses, and stuffed animals they wanted to take. Since then, we've returned every year in September, so we can't really surprise them with the trip any more...now, it's just a tradition to them. Instead, we surprise them with different things we do during our trip. This year, we surprised them with a side trip to SeaWorld and tickets to Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba :animwink: Now, to come up with some surprises for September 2011 :rolleyes:

Bri1121

I love all these ideas!!

We are surprising our kids in the summer. We actually will be there for our daughters 7th bday. It is so hard not talking about it. We often do road trips to Hilton Head SC from NJ so the kids are use to driving ( did I mention we are driving :brick:) Anyway we plan on telling them we are going on a road trip and basically letting them figure it out for themselves as we get closer and Disney signs start popping!

I dont think I could pack suitcases without the kids noticing or I wouldn't even tell them we are going anywhere!!

Bri1121

I was just looking into those Disney phone calls which I thought was maybe would be cute but none of them are like hey we hear you are going to Disney? :(

burfer

We aren't actually going until October 2011 !! We have our rental home booked already and tickets bought. The waiting I think is going to take over my life !!! :) I thought I might tell them that their father and I are taking a vacation and have them come say "goodbye" to us at the airport. Then we're about ready to board, tell them "you know what, why don't we all go to Disney instead!"

We are going then too! This is the first time with kids, I'm taking my friend and her kids and her sister. We are all childhood friends. We are going to suprise them too! They will be 4 and 6. They know we are going, just not when. It is KILLING me to wait! :sohappy:

joannecasey

Original Poster
We are going then too! This is the first time with kids, I'm taking my friend and her kids and her sister. We are all childhood friends. We are going to suprise them too! They will be 4 and 6. They know we are going, just not when. It is KILLING me to wait! :sohappy:

You guys are going to have such a great time !! I think October is such a great time of year to go, especially with first timers because it's not as busy and there's no need to rush like crazy !

I am literally going a little more insane with each day that passes that I have to keep this secret from them .... I have never wanted time to pass more quickly !!!!!!!!!!

WDWmazprty

You guys are going to have such a great time !! I think October is such a great time of year to go, especially with first timers because it's not as busy and there's no need to rush like crazy !

I am literally going a little more insane with each day that passes that I have to keep this secret from them .... I have never wanted time to pass more quickly !!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but just think of the great surprise they'll get and how they'll be when they find out where they're going! You'll survive, you can do it! It'll be worth it in the end. :wave:

joannecasey

Original Poster
Yes, but just think of the great surprise they'll get and how they'll be when they find out where they're going! You'll survive, you can do it! It'll be worth it in the end. :wave:

You are so right ! The only thing that keeps me going is picturing the look on their faces when they read the poem that I wrote for them. I think I will play it on the tv or the computer and get my oldest to read it out loud. Man am I going to cry like a baby !!! :ROFLOL:

Twas the night before Disney, when all through the house
The Casey’s were stirring, because of a Mouse
The tickets were placed in our wallets with care
In no time at all our family would be there

The children were restless up in their beds
With visions of Disney stuck in their heads
Mom’s got the butterflies and Dad is no better
We’d stay for a month if Mom’s work would just let her

Can’t wait to see Pluto, Mickey and friends
Always wishing that our vacation never ends
From Spaceship Earth to the Castle we’ll roam
Knowing we are at our home away from home

Fireworks that will bring Mom to tears with ease
Followed by her children who are surely to tease
Everyone knows what these memories are worth
At this, the Happiest Place on Earth

The luggage is packed and ready to go
The real surprise is, the kids just don’t know
No longer can we, this secret keep
Brett and Austin,
We are going to Disney in just one more sleep !!!!!!!

Love Mom and Dad

WDWmazprty

You are so right ! The only thing that keeps me going is picturing the look on their faces when they read the poem that I wrote for them. I think I will play it on the tv or the computer and get my oldest to read it out loud. Man am I going to cry like a baby !!! :ROFLOL:

Brett and Austin,

Love Mom and Dad

LOL! Great poem! They'll be surprised for sure. :sohappy:

Bri1121

Brett and Austin,

Love Mom and Dad

I love it!!! We count down things in sleeps too!!

Ballsinc

Brett and Austin,

Love Mom and Dad

Loved this, we made our "Night Before Vacation" into a little book that we're going to read to the kids the night before our trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom