Suprise birthday cake!

Disneybub

Original Poster
Guys i was wondering how many of you have ordered surprise birthday cakes at resort restaurants'?

I'm taking my nephew for the first time to the WL - WCC. It will be his 8th birthday and i know he'll love it there.

I want to order a birthday cake, and wanted to know if you can order different sizes (there's 10 of us!) and if there are different styles.

I asked the cast member when making the reservation and as helpful as he was i wanted to get advise from the peole who know best - Thats you guys :king:.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. x

disneychick53

Guys i was wondering how many of you have ordered surprise birthday cakes at resort restaurants'?

I'm taking my nephew for the first time to the WL - WCC. It will be his 8th birthday and i know he'll love it there.

I want to order a birthday cake, and wanted to know if you can order different sizes (there's 10 of us!) and if there are different styles.

I asked the cast member when making the reservation and as helpful as he was i wanted to get advise from the peole who know best - Thats you guys :king:.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. x
when you call and make your dinner res. tell them you also what to order a birthday cake they will give you the number to order yes they have different sizes

son of walt

we've done it a couple of times at OKW. while we did it only for a group of 5, there should be no problem to handle your party of 10. of course, its more than what you'd pay for something back home, it's more than worth it. it has to be one of the best cakes i've ever eaten. it was a vanilla cake, with a chocolate covering in the shape of mickey's head. wow. i'm getting hungry thinking about it. but i would contact WCC directly. we ordered all of the stuff for ours through olivia's cafe.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pretty much every thing you have been told is correct. It is best to order it when you make the ADR but it can be ordered as close as 48 hours in advance. Under 48 hours you can still get a cake however it will be a generic round 9" chocolate or vanilla cake. Also some of the resturants will have speciality cakes not available at other resturants. Jiko and Boma's actually have a Zebra dome cake available.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would suggest that you call back on your room reservation and have them note that this is for a birthday celebration. Remind the CM at the desk during your check-in. (There may be some little surprises in the room for the birthday boy.

Also, when you enter the parks, go immediately to Guest Services and get a birthday pin for your nephew....actually, take him with you to pick it up. Have him wear his button for the entire trip (no need to get new buttons at different parks). I think it will add greatly to his "special trip".

disneydiva72

Jiko and Boma's actually have a Zebra dome cake available.

Wait...what? Stop right there! My son loves Zebra Domes and we will be in Disney eating at Boma for his birthday which is Christmas day.

I cant say thank you enough for throwing this tid bit out there, that will be PERFECT!!!

Minnietoo

How expensive are these cakes? My DD will turn 9 less then 2 weeks before our trip and I was considering having a cake for her on our 1st night since we will be with friends and Family who she never gets to have her bday with.

the other problem is her cake would need to be gluten free. I wonder if they would make a small personal cake for her and a reg cake for every one else?

The other issue is we are debating letting each one of the 5 little ones that will be with us have a special unbirthday day since the kids are never together for their real bdays since they live in different states. Is that bad to get them each a pin for a special day?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How expensive are these cakes? My DD will turn 9 less then 2 weeks before our trip and I was considering having a cake for her on our 1st night since we will be with friends and Family who she never gets to have her bday with.

the other problem is her cake would need to be gluten free. I wonder if they would make a small personal cake for her and a reg cake for every one else?

The other issue is we are debating letting each one of the 5 little ones that will be with us have a special unbirthday day since the kids are never together for their real bdays since they live in different states. Is that bad to get them each a pin for a special day?
The price on the cakes are not to bad especially considering that it is Disney. You basic cake will be in the $20 range. I do not know for sure but I would imagine that they can do a gluten free cake. Disney goes way out of their way to accommodate dietary needs. Advance notice (48 hours +) would be essential. By all means let them get the birthday pins.

afavro24

Is there a website that you can go and price out the cakes or is the only way to contact somebody through the person you make your dining reservations with?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom