Superstar Limo Returns

wdwfan22

Original Poster
That's right Super Star Limo returns after a 1 year intermission. The ride resumes operation May 23, 2003. No changes have been made to this very sad attraction. Oh well it's something else to do at DCA.

WDWspider

Wow... no changes !?!?

Is attendence finally up enough at the park or something. You would think they would have upgraded the attraction some during sown time a little.

ToTBellHop

Disney realized it was no better having the attraction closed than open, and since this park has a precious few attractions anyway, they decided it would be better open. The cars will feature some changes, making this attraction more handicapped accessible.

BRER STITCH

Hey WDWfan22! :wave:

Thanks for the info!

I was to the west coast parks for the first time last summer and therefore never saw this ride.

Could someone just give me a line or two about what it is?

Sounds like I didn't miss much......

Thanx! :)

ToTBellHop

It's not necessarily a BAD ride, just very strange and quirky--the usual complaint was that if you rode it more than once, your IQ would drop. Basically, it's a dark ride like you find in Fantasyland, and the story is that you are Hollywood's newest superstar. So, you tour all the major sites in LA, meeting some of its famous actors (animatronics, of course), including Drew Carey, Whoopie Goldberg, Tim Allen, Jackie Chan, and Cindy Crawford. Along the way, you are hounded by photographers and such. There are several inside jokes in this ride, including a psychic which includes a head in a sphere, speaking like Madamme Leota with new lines. Overall, not a horrible ride, but in a park with so few popular attractions, this ride really needed to be better--it was, by the way, originally one of the top attractions in the park (or it was supposed to be)--in the original Cindy Crawford videos of the park, it was included in the same line-up as Soarin' Over California, Grizzly River Run, and California Screamin'...

Daannzzz

The animatronic stars in this ride have very minimal movement and are a strange size. The are not full size people or the size of it's a small world dolls. They are inbetween and while they are easy to recognize, they are sort of charicatures of the stars. It is an odd one. I agree that it isn't a bad ride but it is not very compelling or funny. Most of the "in" jokes are probably beyond those of us who do not live in Southern California. There are a couple of good scenes and alot of wierdness ( the singing pigs and chickens).

BRER STITCH

Thanx DAANNZZZ and DOGSRULE!!!

All I can say to those explanations is......

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Sounds quirky....yet somehow I am intrigued!

:lol:

mousecar

I was personally disappointed with the ride. It wasn't very exciting and it was barely entertaining. The Winnie the Pooh ride at WDW has about the same level of technology but it's much more fun than Superstar Limo.

We need a Soarin over "something" at WDW or EPCOT.

dopey

It sounds surreal. In fact, it would be cooler if the existing animatronic "stars" were replaced by the living, breathing cast of "The Surreal Life" -- "Hammer," Corey (Haim or Feldman?), Vince Neil, Webster, etc. It's not like they've got anything better to do. :)

ToTBellHop

Animatronic stars in all of these dark rides have minimal movement--it is a characteristic of such Disney dark rides, like Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White, CarToon Spin, etc. I think this ride was probably as popular as say...Snow White's Scary Adventures--not something you seek out in the park, but people weren't exactly leaving the ride cursing Disney...it's just not the e-ride disney pushed it as. This was to be the future of the dark ride, and, sadly, it was not...

DCA Fan

This ride's concept started out as an exciting 'chase' through Hollywood by paparazzi. Following Princess Di's untimely death, that was dropped, leaving a shell of an attraction. Plans to renovate w/ a Disney theme were thwarted by budget cuts.

My advice: This ride is cute. Ride it once or twice. If there's a line to get in, skip it. It is not up to Disney standards, but fun nonetheless.

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Superstar Limo has to be the worst Disney attraction ever created. There just isn't any Disney magic to it.

ToTBellHop

This thread is further proof that Disney can NEVER win. When it was open, people were ticked off, when it closed, people were ticked that an attraction was not available to them, and now people will be ed when it reopens. I swear...don't ride it if it will mentally scar you that much. Need I remind you it's just a ride? I'll give you quirky, but calling it the worst ride in Disney history is a bit much...Disney has had it's flops, and more than once...

Al

IMO, once ToT opens, they will close the ride and really start to think about what to do with it :)

Justin

Hey can someone help me out from not knowing what this attraction even is?! lol!

I heard people be sarcastic and say "two thumbs up for the best disney dark ride!!" But i dont even know what it is?!

Can someone give me a link or some kindof POV section,Photos,storyline.... :brick: :brick: :hammer:

Justin

Thanks Dan,

The Attraction looks allitle weird and looks mainly made by cardboard cutout theming...

So i would be guessing that this is a Six Flags Style attraction?
:lol: :lol: :hammer:

Daannzzz

I don't know that Six Flags has anything like it. I would put it on par with the Pooh ride at WDW though with a different theme and less cute or magical. The theme is the problem here. I suspect it cost as much as any of the other dark rides but it holds no mystery, magic, adventure, suspense or scares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom