Superstar Limo Returns

Justin

Originally posted by Daannzzz
I don't know that Six Flags has anything like it. I would put it on par with the Pooh ride at WDW though with a different theme and less cute or magical. The theme is the problem here. I suspect it cost as much as any of the other dark rides but it holds no mystery, magic, adventure, suspense or scares.

Yeah i was being sarcastic saying it looks like Six Flags could have done just as good job on an attraction like that.

It looks kindof dull and as of everyone says it to be, The cardboard cut out objects is what definately makes it look plain.

Daannzzz

Sorry... I didn't catch the sarcasm part!!! :) There is alot od plywood cutouts or what ever it is they use. At least there is alot of cutouts though and it is hard to see everuything in one pass through. I personally think it would be better being open than closed but as you can see allot of folks think it is fine gathering dust.

Justin

lol, yeah sorry about that.

I would agree to that, I'm not a fan on cardboard cut outs, but it does fine on RnRc.

Alot of people complain about the CC theming on the ride, But it would be to much of an expense to use other such theming;
Anyways,
your going so fast on RnRc that it would be hard to not notice that the theming is CC. it makes great ride as it is.

Using it on SSL it looks like they could have done allitle more effort. I cant complain about the ride cause i have never rode it but it looks like they just wanted to build a dark ride of anything in that park so if it rains guests can go ride that and be more bored than they would just sitting there :lol:

jp....

Blair

This ride looks both sad and disturbing. It's neither funny, nor scary. It seems to have NO purpose whatsoever. I think I HAVE to check it out on my end of the month DCA visit!

ToTBellHop

I am not criticizing anyone, but I wonder why cardboard cut-outs are fine on Mr. Toad at Disneyland Park (hell, people call it a "classic") and not here...hold back the urge to judge a ride you have never been on...Californians don't like this ride because they DON'T LIKE THE PARK. NOTHING in the park, no matter how good it is, will ever be up to their standards, because they don't like the theme...I appreciate this ride for its inside jokes (Madamme Leota) if for nothing else...everyone is justified in having their own opinions, but don't jump on the band-wagon and say it sucks just because that is the popular thing to say. If you take a trip to California Adventure, you will see that people actually have a good time in there...even the Californians...(I know...doth mine ears deceive me). I would argue the ride experience on SuperStar Limo is no worse (and no stranger) than a ride on Mr. Toad...and then there is Roger Rabbit, which is even stranger, yet the best dark ride on property (most popular, at least--only one w/ Fastpass)...

DCA Fan

I appreciate this ride, being that I'm from California. I think that the reason Mr. Toad get's away with it is that the layout and the way the cutouts are used makes the ride more entertaining. This ride has no crashing through things like Mr. Toad or Roger Rabbit does. RR is popular b/c not only is it a dark ride, you go spinning through the entire thing, plus there are many effects to keep the rider entertained.

While we're on the topic of cutouts...how about Small World?

ToTBellHop

"it's a small world" frightens me...those singing dolls...I have nightmares about them. This ride is very popular because it is a classic Walt ride, and a staple of every Disney experience--everyone knows about "it's a small world" when they want to come to a Disney park, right along with Pirates, the Tiki Room, the Mountains, the Haunted Mansion, etc. It's just classic--while the music does tend to drive on insane by the end of the ride (which is why I can only handle riding a couple times, at most, per trip!), the fact that Walt made it makes it popular--that and the outside looks so kewl at the Disneyland ride...

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Californians don't like this ride because they DON'T LIKE THE PARK. NOTHING in the park, no matter how good it is, will ever be up to their standards, because they don't like the theme

I promise I'm not trying to start a thread drift here, but I just had to set the record straight: Californians don't dislike DCA because of the THEME. I don't know of ANYONE personally who has ever said, "I'd like it if they would have done any other theme." It is what they did WITH the theme....Basically nothing! I mean, really, it would make no sense for us to dislike it for having a California theme, when most of the attractions have nothing whatsoever to do with California!!!

That said, Superstar Limo is one of the few attractions that IS based on California and it is a lousy attraction....As is Golden Dreams. So can you blame us?

Oh and I agree about the cardboard cutout thing. I recall waiting with eager anticipation to ride Roger Rabbit when it first opened. After finally getting to ride it the first time, I remember turning to my friends and saying, "What a disappointment! It was nothing but cardboard cutouts!!" I've never understood the popularity of that attraction!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Blair
This ride looks both sad and disturbing. It's neither funny, nor scary. It seems to have NO purpose whatsoever. I think I HAVE to check it out on my end of the month DCA visit!

Didn't they say it wouldn't be open until May?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by CHAPPS
I promise I'm not trying to start a thread drift here, but I just had to set the record straight: Californians don't dislike DCA because of the THEME. I don't know of ANYONE personally who has ever said, "I'd like it if they would have done any other theme." It is what they did WITH the theme....Basically nothing! I mean, really, it would make no sense for us to dislike it for having a California theme, when most of the attractions have nothing whatsoever to do with California!!!

That said, Superstar Limo is one of the few attractions that IS based on California and it is a lousy attraction....As is Golden Dreams. So can you blame us?

Oh and I agree about the cardboard cutout thing. I recall waiting with eager anticipation to ride Roger Rabbit when it first opened. After finally getting to ride it the first time, I remember turning to my friends and saying, "What a disappointment! It was nothing but cardboard cutouts!!" I've never understood the popularity of that attraction!

Well, I have personally heard statements like "why go to Disney's Golden Gate Bridge when we can drive a few hours to see the real one? Why go to their Hollywood when the real one is 40 minutes away". Perhaps I will modify my argument by saying Californians don't like how Disney portrayed California. The park has several excellent attractions, more than when Animal Kingdom or MGM opened--Aladdin, Animation, Grizzly River Run, Soarin' Over California, California Screamin', Muppets, It's Tough to Be a Bug. They could have easily themed this as Disney's America, and I think people would have better accepted it--just about everything could fit in with an America themed park...

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Perhaps I will modify my argument by saying Californians don't like how Disney portrayed California.

Much better! Thanks! It's just that I've read more magazine, Internet, and newspaper articles than I can count where INDUSTRY ANALYSTS have expressed that theory about the themeing of DCA (i.e. Why would Californians want to go to a park that is themed to their own state?). But I've never actually heard another CALIFORNIAN express that sentiment. So I always laugh when people make the statement that this is the reason DCA is failing.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by CHAPPS
Much better! Thanks! It's just that I've read more magazine, Internet, and newspaper articles than I can count where INDUSTRY ANALYSTS have expressed that theory about the themeing of DCA (i.e. Why would Californians want to go to a park that is themed to their own state?). But I've never actually heard another CALIFORNIAN express that sentiment. So I always laugh when people make the statement that this is the reason DCA is failing.

So it's kinda like how we New Yorkers hate it when people assume New York is one big city, when we have one of the largest national parks in the US and are mainly an agricultural state...I mean, I've lived here 18 years, and never been to NYC...so I hate it when people are like "How's the Big City?" when I say I'm from NY...I'm like "you tell me!"
Cheers!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
So it's kinda like how we New Yorkers hate it when people assume New York is one big city, when we have one of the largest national parks in the US and are mainly an agricultural state...I mean, I've lived here 18 years, and never been to NYC...so I hate it when people are like "How's the Big City?" when I say I'm from NY...I'm like "you tell me!"
Cheers!

:lol: I have a friend who used to live in upstate NY (Johnstown...Have you heard of it?) and she used to say the exact same thing. And the funny thing is the town she lived in was this dinky little town.

netenyahoo

I just have to say that I want to go on the ride to experience it. It makes me mad that I have been to the park on 3 different trips and have never been on this ride.

I've heard a rumor that the ride might be rethemed to Monsters Inc.

Merlin

Account Suspended
How big is the show building for this attraction? I think DCA would benefit from a big ticket item similar to Spider Man at Islands of Adventure. Is the show building for Superstar big enough for something like that? I'm sure I'm dreaming in a major way, but you never know.

CalDisney

DCA failing???
I think not!
The past three times iv`e gone .. its been very crowded
STL will only be Super star limo..
I have heard of no change in the near future,,,

Hi Merlin:)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by CalDisney
DCA failing???
I think not!
The past three times iv`e gone .. its been very crowded
STL will only be Super star limo..
I have heard of no change in the near future,,,

Hi Merlin:)

Hey Mitch! Haven't heard from you in a while! I guess one good thing about STL remaining is that perhaps I'll finally get to experience it myself. I've always managed to catch it when it was closed.

DCA Fan

Originally posted by Merlin
How big is the show building for this attraction? I think DCA would benefit from a big ticket item similar to Spider Man at Islands of Adventure. Is the show building for Superstar big enough for something like that? I'm sure I'm dreaming in a major way, but you never know.
The ride building is rather small, as the ride is only 2 min. It is limited by the Esplande on the back, the monorail track on top. I suppose if you really wanted to, we could dig down or extend to the right where there's nothing but a derilict (sp?) restaurant. (Like DCA needs more of those).

CalDisney

Originally posted by DCA Fan
The ride building is rather small, as the ride is only 2 min. It is limited by the Esplande on the back, the monorail track on top. I suppose if you really wanted to, we could dig down or extend to the right where there's nothing but a derilict (sp?) restaurant. (Like DCA needs more of those).

:rolleyes: Ok Im lost???

What ride are you guys talking about?

Sure Jon You can try it now,, But I dont know how much you`ll like it...
I thought it was a stupid ride,,
Kinda reminds me of Mickey`s Toontown:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom