Sunday over the wall photos

mpaul32001

Some other Disney Twitter folks posted pictures of a gentleman (calling this person out as "WDWMagic") pushing a garbage can to the wall and standing on it, in order to take pictures of the construction (and according to the poster, breaking park rules). It was a very awkward "calling out" on social media.

I do honestly hope this wasn't you going to these lengths for photos though...I would rather have photos taken from the ground, safely, then breaking one of the biggest Disney rules to get them...Doesn't seem safe, or practical...

PhilharMagician

By the looks of the pics they were taken over by the Teacups standing on the stone wall which is not very high. I took similar pics in October from the stone wall. I cannot imagine someone moving a garbage can over to the construction wall and climbing on it just to get pics. I cannot believe a CM did not see or hear that and stop this person from standing on a garbage can. There always seem to be CM's walking through Fantasyland.

Tater48

Original Poster
By the looks of the pics they were taken over by the Teacups standing on the stone wall which is not very high. I took similar pics in October from the stone wall. I cannot imagine someone moving a garbage can over to the construction wall and climbing on it just to get pics. I cannot believe a CM did not see or hear that and stop this person from standing on a garbage can. There always seem to be CM's walking through Fantasyland.

That's exactly where they were taken from. I'm a little too old to be climbing on tops of trash cans. I did speak with a CM and he gave me a good idea as to how to get pictures from anywhere over the wall without having to stand on anything. Will be trying his suggestion soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I find that hard to believe.

I didn't want to get this thread off topic, but since you spoke up....

I have to agree, I find that 90% number hard to believe. Assuming we are talking about the US, most corporate workers, primary school workers, and government (federal, state and local) do not work on Sundays. I have a hard time believing that those alone don't account for more the 10% of the working population.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I didn't want to get this thread off topic, but since you spoke up....

I have to agree, I find that 90% number hard to believe. Assuming we are talking about the US, most corporate workers, primary school workers, and government (federal, state and local) do not work on Sundays. I have a hard time believing that those alone don't account for more the 10% of the working population.

A little research shows that the 90% is indeed a fallacy:

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.nr0.htm)
In 2010, 82 percent of employed persons worked on an average weekday, compared with 35 percent on an average weekend day, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom