Summer in the World 04 - 6/July/04: Waterparks/Disneyquest/Shenanigans

The day started like any day.

Slow.

I was woken up at 8:26AM by my parner in crime, Paul (paulcmartens). We were supposed to have breakfast at 9am at the Cape May Café at the Beach Club, but I was to pick him up.

Which only meant one thing...

GO MONTY GO!!!

So a tired (but entirely coherent) mkt drove like a madman down a very empty SR417 to Pauls apartment in Celebration. I made very good time, and we miraculously made it to the checkin at Cape May with a full 15 seconds to spare (no thanks to the overzealous security guard at the guarshack who insisted we didn't have priority seatings).

After a yummilicious breakfast, and a quick Paul embarrassment (his birthday is 3-July), we were off to......

.....the Disney/MGM Studios! Cause I needed to upgrade my AP very quickly.

And from there we were off to.....

.....TYPHOON LAGOON.

First things first, mkt is a pale mothershutyourmouth, so the colour needed wasn't there. So I turned off the mkt charm, and decided to work on getting some bronzeness.

First thing we did was the Shark Reef. I was a surfer many moons ago (my last time surfing I had a VERY bad experience involving a large reef and a swarm of jellyfish), so this was my first time back in saltwater with any wildlife in it. Needless to say, not good. I had a minor panic attack and ended up freezing in the water until a lifeguard coaxed me out with kind words and pretty eyes. The second and third times were better though. I breathed in and out and wore a lifevest to keep me high above the coral. I can swim fine, but I am not the most bouyant creature on this earth. So the added bouyancy helped my fears of hitting the coral hard. I got some good underwater photos courtesy of the mkt-cam (don't leave home without it), and off we were, for a few hours in the lazy river.

After that, we dried off and went across the street to Disneyquest. Paul had never been, so it was something new. And I hadn't been in a while, and was definitely jonesin' some video games. So good times had by all. I managed to log on the forums for a quick peek from the Cheesecake Factory, and Paul made a coaster that made me dizzy.

Then off to the Virgin Megastore for some quickie purchases. I got a book of Vice City Postcards and an unnamed Punk Rock Compilation.

And now came the dillemma: Indecision. This was only 2pm now. We still have a full day. We wanted to stray from the theme parks, but wanted to do something we hadn't yet done today. A dim lightbulb shattered inside my head!

BLIZZARD BEACH!

And off we went.

Once at Blizzard Beach, the sheer level of crowds was too much, so we decided on chilling in the lazy river and work on our tans for a few hours.

Well it worked, cause I am now applying Aloe Vera as I type this.

After a few hours there, we left. It was now 5:30PM, and nothing to do.

I know! Lets go to Celebration.

I took the back way from the south side of WDW to Celebration (Sherbeth Road to US192-W to Celebration). After a quick stint of off-roading in Celebration, we pulled up at the German-Canadian Amish Settlement (aka- Pauls Place). From there, we decided to enjoy Market Street and called it a night.

And thats it for my trip report. Expect more tomorrow.

cherrynegra

Two pale boys trying to catch a tan. Sounds like the beginnings of a summer movie to me. ¿Quién es más blanco? :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Excellent story of your day and even better pictures. I can't wait to get down there and take some nice ones myself, if only I can get some good car ones too. :lol:

CubbieMan

Pale white boys huh....I use to belong to that club..til I moved North to Wisconsin...it's amazing what a difference new climate makes...those here are ghostly white except me..I have found my floridan brownness when compared to Wisconsinites

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
true true... but that ultimately would involve moving to Wisconsin. And to that, I say no.

I could move to Britain and be a bronzed god (or not. most britons I deal with at my work arrive fresh off the plane about as pale as me, and go home looking like Nicole Ritchie)

MouseMadness

Wish my day had been half that exciting. :lol:

And who you callin white? :lookaroun I have what I like to call a Michigan Tan. After 5 tanning sessions at 3 applications of self tanner, I was only a shade paler than everybody else at my brother in law's wedding. :rolleyes:

SirNim

mkt said:
(my last time surfing I had a VERY bad experience involving a large reef and a swarm of jellyfish)
all I can say is,

Ouch!

well... sounds like you had a reasonably agreeable time! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom