summer hotel discount dates changed after being released

jimbojones

Original Poster
This is just me venting a bit, but on Thursday the summer room discount applied to stays in August and yesterday the discount was changed so that it did not apply to stays after August 1st.
I've never seen disney change the terms of a discount after releasing it. Any idea what went down here?
I guess when you see a discount you need to immediately put down a deposit!

jimbojones

Original Poster
I noticed that too! Lol I got the discount for the last week in August so I’m good but I’m sure they will add it later again.
its very frustrating, the discount prices still show up when you search but disappear when you click the link for the hotel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either it will reappear on Monday or be replaced with another deal like free dining

DarthVader

Sith Lord
its very frustrating, the discount prices still show up when you search but disappear when you click the link for the hotel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either it will reappear on Monday or be replaced with another deal like free dining
I think it may be working, I tried viewing/booking a room at the Pop for August and the discount package was showing up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

John park hopper

Got the summer discount in the mail checked out the 20% off moderate resort(POR) stanard room with discount $222 plus added parking close to $250 a night. Reduced the Aug dates interesting

jimbojones

Original Poster
Did you try calling?
Thats a good idea I'll call this afternoon. Its frustrating becuase they show up in the search but when you click the link to make the room selection it gives an error message that the deal was not found. If you go to the "special offers" page it also says for stays until august 1st now too.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The Passholder Summer discount through August 31 just opened today, which I am having issues with adding to my reservation, off to call Disney lol. Hopefully that means they get all end of summer discounts soon :)

wannabeBelle

Maybe I worded that poorly. I was trying to say that I hope they post the rest of August discounts for everyone, not just Pass Holders soon.
They already are!! If you need help booking with this discount contact my office at the number below and one of our agents can help. I'm not in until later tonight though. Hope this helps!! Marie

Disvillain63

Strange things are definitely happening. We were at WDW last week, April 3-7. The first two days our room had the booklet that tells about everything WDW has to offer; first page on inside cover was about the bounceback offer. Two days later, I saw new booklets on the mousekeeping cart. As we entered the room, I noticed the booklet was in a new location. Picked it up to see what was different....not only was the bounceback offer not on the inside cover, it wasn't anywhere in the booklet! Thankfully we had already booked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom