Sulfur Smell in UOE

isuanastasia

Original Poster
I went to Disney 08/04-08/11 and rode on UOE. I LOVE this ride for the fact that I love the smell of the sulfur when you get into the dino section (don't ask me why I just love it!). When we went on the ride, I continued to sniff and sniff and sniff and to my dismay, I didn't smell any sulfur. Is this something that Disney has done away with?

Either way...I think it added to the experience of being with the "dinos"

MouseearsDeb

That's funny! I always liked the burning smell around Rome on SE. I haven't been since 2006. I hope they haven't done away with it. Smell is one of the things that makes these rides so appealing, imo.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d suspect it had either run out or one part of the system wasn`t working. The cartridges need to be swapped by hand. Upkeep of the Diorama seemed to be spot on in July, as it was last October too.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I too, loved the authentic smell of sulfur on UoE. Hopefully this is just a matter of what Martin said instead of a sign it's gone.

*Fingers crossed*

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
A little off subject, but when i stepped out on the back porch this morning, we were getting down wind of something that smelled identical to the trams that run the parking lots at WDW. A little exhaust, heat of the pavement and the florida air... it was priceless. Weird thing, it was not hot outside, im not in florida and there are no trams near by.

I guess that top 5 worst air in the country really shines at times. :rolleyes:

TheDisneyMagic

I`d suspect it had either run out or one part of the system wasn`t working. The cartridges need to be swapped by hand. Upkeep of the Diorama seemed to be spot on in July, as it was last October too.

Shame the same thing cannot be said about the curtains in the final section though, it realy does spoil the effect of the wider, wider when you can already see the white screens.

It has been broken for a good few years now.

jasondiff

I thought they turned off almost all of the Smellitzers in UoE. I know the musty swampy smell when entering the diorama was gone long ago.

But happily the burning Rome smell is still there and as potent as ever as of 2 weeks ago. You could even smell it before turning that corner in the attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IBut happily the burning Rome smell is still there and as potent as ever as of 2 weeks ago. You could even smell it before turning that corner in the attraction.
Hey Jason :wave:

If the smell was leaking so far prehaps the extraction system had failed. At least the smell was there!

Back in the UoE, though a lot of the original effects are no longer used and some have been modified it was good to see so many so apparent. Kudos to the 3rd shift!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom