Suggestions for Disney World's next park?

jozzmenia

Original Poster
I swore I read a thread like this before, like months ago, but since we have threads about Disney buying new land I though it might be a nice topic...what are your suggestions for Disney World's next park?

I couldn't stand Epcot as a kid (education on vacation? nooooooooo!!!! :lol:)
I know it's better now though. i still haven't been as an adult. :( I need to splurge on park hopper passes next time rather than just 1 park or 2 per trip...

ANYWAY...

I LOVED MGM studios, especially TOT (although i did think they were stealing the idea from universal...:zipit: ) and I think Animal Kingdom was a FANTASTIC idea (were they copying bush gardens? :D J/K) So it has me thinking, what's next?

Any ideas for the next park? I am having trouble thinking of anything...guess that's why I'm not an Imagineer :cry:.

OK, I'm straining my brain right now...

:brick:

This is tough...

17 minutes pass...:veryconfu

OK, here's my idea:

How about a park with an island or hawaii theme, like "Disney's Paradise Pier" or something. They can build a manmade beach, have different themed places after Islands with their theme of food and rides...Hawaii - with Luau's and restaurants like that, Jamaica - menus with jamaican food, Fiji, etc. and build rides around that. (they could put an indiana jones there too! yay! ) ok, is this a dumb idea? :eek:

OK, let me try again...

17 more minutes pass...:p

A sports themed park...

They can have each land named after sports: baseball, football, basketball, hockey, etc. "World of Baseball", "Hockeytown", etc.

Rides, attractions and restaurants could be based on Glory Road (a roller coaster and u go through giant basketball hoops), Angels in the Outfield, Remember the Titans, Air Bud, The Greates Game Ever Played, The Rookie, Miracle, The Mighty Ducks (an ice themed ride) and they could have ice skating in the Hockeytown part ("Ice Princess")- ICETOWN: it could focus on ice skating (figure and speed) AND hockey! Cool Runnings could go in there too. General winter sports... They could have it set up like Blizzard Beach with a winter theme. and they could have interactive sports experiences throughout the whole park. BALLAPALOOZA: sports with a ball could all be incorporated. they could even have a race car town, and "Cars" and "Herbie fully loaded" and "Right on Track" could be featured... So we've got ICETOWN, BALLAPALOOZA, AND RACING ADVENTURES ... ok this was a better idea than the first ...I'll keep working on it! :D

ok ive been lurking around the boards for a while not posting, just reading but this made me have to jump in. i like the islands idea, that would seem fun, but not so much the sports park. sure disney has made a lot of sports movies but not too many you could base attractions around. glory road, remember the titans, greatest game ever played, were very enjoyable, but for the most part serious and at some parts very sad. however, i would LOVE to see a cool runnings attraction. ive been thinking for some time that they should add jamaica as a country in the world showcase and put in a bobsled ride! probably not enough room, so they could put it in mgm. if they built your islands park it could easily fit in there. COOL RUNNINGS!!

ImagineAtl23

In my opinion, it will be very tough to make a new and successful park, when you think about it, all big themes (as far as parks go) have been taken.

MK-Fantasy, frontier, future, adventure etc.
Epcot-the world, future stuff
MGM-Showbis
AK-animals and other stuff like that

So basically, Disney, in my opinion will only make another park if they are sure it will make money. Your hawaiian theme is cool, but the water parks have the beaches and AK and MK have some luau themes. It will be very tough to create a new and great park. I would like to see it though.

pinjim

Howabout simply updating the current parks so we don't have to walk 12 miles a day from bus stop to entrance to rides.
Develop a inter-park people mover system that would be an attraction within its self.

MKCrazy

The sports would be awesome. They can build it next to the Wild World of Sports and the All-Star Sports would fit. I think that the park would be a hit.
(first post)

jozzmenia

Original Poster
CommandoDisney said:
ok ive been lurking around the boards for a while not posting, just reading but this made me have to jump in. i like the islands idea, that would seem fun, but not so much the sports park. sure disney has made a lot of sports movies but not too many you could base attractions around. glory road, remember the titans, greatest game ever played, were very enjoyable, but for the most part serious and at some parts very sad. however, i would LOVE to see a cool runnings attraction. ive been thinking for some time that they should add jamaica as a country in the world showcase and put in a bobsled ride! probably not enough room, so they could put it in mgm. if they built your islands park it could easily fit in there. COOL RUNNINGS!!

definitely a good idea for bobsled ride...a more exciting version of the matterhorn bobsleds maybe...

i definitely see what you're saying, but you can build a theme around a ride without actually making that the whole ride. to explain, the raptor at cedar point isnt really a dinosaur ride. more relevant to the theme thing, dr dooms freefall or incredible hulk, the rides have nothing to do with the character, but they have the theme around the line and the color, etc. disney is great for making themed queues. i know it's a stretch though.

disney.co.nr

i agree with a lot of other people here, a new redesign of disney sea, called Orlando Disney Sea, the main logo could be a huge pirate ship or something

rcapolete

how about a park based on more thrilling rides for adults. I understand that Disney is a family destination but there are alot of twenty and thirt somethings that would definetly love to be able to go to a thrill park for a day while inside disney. Have a couple of big rolercoaster, wooden rollercoaster and the likes, maybe throw in a midway like down at the Jersey show or have a boardwalk park feel to it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
rcapolete said:
how about a park based on more thrilling rides for adults. I understand that Disney is a family destination but there are alot of twenty and thirt somethings that would definetly love to be able to go to a thrill park for a day while inside disney. Have a couple of big rolercoaster, wooden rollercoaster and the likes, maybe throw in a midway like down at the Jersey show or have a boardwalk park feel to it.
Why would Disney want to build a Six Flags on property?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To note - Disney has not bought new land, rather it sold land it felt it no longer needed.

Admittedly they have plenty of room on what land they have left for atleast 2 more parks, but the chances of this happening is slim due to infrastructure and logistics. If you want to discuss new "lands" or rides, have at it, but please don't add any mroe rumors to the internet about building a new park.

rcapolete

hakunamatata said:
Why would Disney want to build a Six Flags on property?

It would be a little like a six flags only with a disney flair to it. Also thrill rides bring in people. I know plenty of people who don't go to disney cause they feel it is two youngish (not me) also look at which rides tend to have the longest ride, spae mountin, tot, RnR, ect. these are rides that adults enjoy and would definetly be a popular park.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrill rides bring in people for 1 season and do not generate repeat guests. Most of WDW's guests are repeat guests. WDW has more guests than other parks, especially those who focus on thrill rides - while WDW has nothing which is the highest or fastest or tallest.

rcapolete

really not repeat guest, been to Six flags in jersey about 40 time, rode the same rides everytime and still go back becuase that is the nature of a thrill rode, to get a thrill. Doesn;t need to be new or the biggest, tallest, ect. as long as it is a thrill, the same with BTM or SM or any of the other thrill ride now in WDW. I would have to respectally disagree with you opinion.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
rcapolete said:
It would be a little like a six flags only with a disney flair to it. Also thrill rides bring in people. I know plenty of people who don't go to disney cause they feel it is two youngish (not me) also look at which rides tend to have the longest ride, spae mountin, tot, RnR, ect. these are rides that adults enjoy and would definetly be a popular park.

I agree, but Universal would be screwed if that happened because that's their main draw, more exciting than Disney. If Disney tried a thrill ride park, with a theme to the rides as well (like Dueling Dragons and Incredible Hulk meets Expedition Everest), I think they would steal a lot of customers from IOA. I think they could pull it off succesfully.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I dont understand the line of thinking of people that say Disney does not have enough thrill rides. Mission:Space, probably the most on the edge thrill ride of them all, gets blasted for being too thrilled and ultimately gets a tone down.

And people still say Disney does not have enough thrill rides....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
jozzmenia said:
I agree, but Universal would be screwed if that happened because that's their main draw, more exciting than Disney. If Disney tried a thrill ride park, with a theme to the rides as well (like Dueling Dragons and Incredible Hulk meets Expedition Everest), I think they would steal a lot of customers from IOA. I think they could pull it off succesfully.

I dont see the need for Disney to do anything like this since their crowds are picking up and they are not having to really do much in the line of drawing people in.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
hakunamatata said:
I dont understand the line of thinking of people that say Disney does not have enough thrill rides. Mission:Space, probably the most on the edge thrill ride of them all, gets blasted for being too thrilled and ultimately gets a tone down.

And people still say Disney does not have enough thrill rides....

I for one think they have a good balance. I dont know if this was directed at me but my main point was TO A CERTAIN TYPE OF PERSON, disney doesn't have enough thrill rides. And I think they could use more, it would be nice, but they dont urgently need more.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
jozzmenia said:
I for one think they have a good balance. I dont know if this was directed at me but my main point was TO A CERTAIN TYPE OF PERSON, disney doesn't have enough thrill rides. And I think they could use more, it would be nice, but they dont urgently need more.
No, it was not directed at you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom