Suggestions: 4 days w/out kiddos- Where to stay?

jewils08

Hi there
We are visiting in June, and grandparents are keeping our kiddos at the end of our trip. So that will leave us with 4 days by ourselves, yeah! We've never stayed at moderate resorts though, which is where we plan to stay. When we're considering PO-Riverside, Caribbean, or Coronado, we have a lot of questions on which is the best to stay at. Which has the best restaurants, ease to get around, good buses, and is adult friendly? At a quick glance I like the room decor of Coronado but worry about a convention feel. Yet the Caribbean pool and outdoor decor also seems relaxing. They both seem to have large grounds which makes me wonder about getting around both onsite and to the parks.

Would appreciate any suggestions you might have so we can wrap up this portion of our trip. Thanks!

NiarrNDisney

I would suggest CSR for a few reasons:

1) Beautiful Resort (Very Romantic)
2) Great dining options to include a night club (Rix Lounge)
3) Health Spa and Salon
4) CSR has a marina and many aquatic rentals
5) CSR has huge rooms and offers many Delux resort options

For pictures and extra info on CSR go to http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
its a website created and owned by one of our fellow WDW Magic posters Buzz2001
and is filled with great pics from all over the resort, dining menus and a forum dicussing the Resort

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

LALALand

3) Health Spa and Salon

and is filled with great pics from all over the resort, dining menus and a forum dicussing the Resort

I agree. I did Coronado Springs a couple of times with no kids and LOVED it. It is my favorite out of the moderate resorts. There are semi-private pools in each cluster, and the main pool is fun. I love the ambiance of the place as well.

My next favorite would be Port Orleans due to the river ride you can get down to Downtown Disney. It can be very romantic and fun. I also love the ambiance there, but it can be filled with kids, especially the pool area. CSR seems more "adult" to me.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

3) Health Spa and Salon

Ditto!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Another vote for CSR here. A great resort with a great feel, onsite night club, sit down breakfast, great theming, queen sized beds in all rooms ( except for King Bed rooms of course) good food options, great pool areas etc. Marie

Upvote 0

fbp

You guys are really making me want to choose CSR for my next trip! I'm still a bit worried about a lack of magic 'feel' due to an influx of conference goers. I probably wouldn't even notice anything though - I'd be stuck in my WDW cloud :)

Upvote 0

dramamama

Here is a vote for Port Orleans Riverside. We found it very romantic and beautiful. The rooms are spread out among so many buildings that you feel more secluded. There are also several quiet pools so if the big one is crowded you would have more romantic options. The resort is arranged so that you do a lot of lovely walkways to get where you are going. I highly recommend it. You may want to check out www.portorleans.org - it is a fan made site that sold us on going there for our 10th anniversary. Whichever one you pick, have fun!

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

You guys are really making me want to choose CSR for my next trip! I'm still a bit worried about a lack of magic 'feel' due to an influx of conference goers. I probably wouldn't even notice anything though - I'd be stuck in my WDW cloud :)

Honestly I hear this alot but I always remind everyone that many of the Delux resorts have convention centers as well. Outside of the conventionneers dining at Peppermarket or the Maya grill you probably wont see them much. Typically they stay in the Casistas since the convention center is connected to that area. When I have stayed there I rarely noticed them since during the day i was in the park, only at night when they would get a night cap at one of the bars did I even really notice them.

Upvote 0

Jebiford29

These 'conventioners' are they bright green or something? How does one distinguish them from vacationers? I stayed at CSR last May when there was, I think, TWO conventions going on. Never noticed any bright green people. Everyone was courteous (for the most part) and neither convention took away from the 'Disney' feel of the resort. Oh, also, I stayed in the Casitas...:shrug:

So anyway, I'd choose CSR from the 3 choices you submitted for the reasons already stated. :)

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

These 'conventioners' are they bright green or something? How does one distinguish them from vacationers? I stayed at CSR last May when there was, I think, TWO conventions going on. Never noticed any bright green people. Everyone was courteous (for the most part) and neither convention took away from the 'Disney' feel of the resort. Oh, also, I stayed in the Casitas...:shrug:

So anyway, I'd choose CSR from the 3 choices you submitted for the reasons already stated. :)

I think its just that typically with conventions you tend to see a lot of suits running around. Although I find the Swan and Dolphin to be the worst when it comes to conventions :eek: they are flooded with suits, posters & adds up everywhere, and the restaurants get crowded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom