Suggested Packing List for a 9 Month Old

dinandmick

Original Poster
We recently went on a 2 night trip to Hershey, PA and took way too much stuff. I'm trying to plan ahead to avoid that for our upcoming trip. The problem is that it's in December so we have no idea what the weather will be like.

Does anyone have a suggested packing list for that time of year for a baby that age? We will be flying, staying for 8 nights (4 at WDW Dolphin, 4 at Contemporary) and we will be renting a car. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I like to pack sweat suits so they have a short sleeve shirt under a light jaket, it is chilly in the am, but gets nice by afternoon. Make sure you have hats and sunscreen. Bring a heavier jacket too with a hat b/c it can get really chilly at night. And yes, bring a swim suit b/c during the day it can get warm enough to swim. I packed some shorts, but mostly pants and short sleeve shirts. Jeans and khakis (both shorts and pants) are great b/c you can wash and reuse with a different shirt for a whole other outfit. A baby bjorn type carrier for standing in lines helps. Make sure you pack tylenol just in case. We have done this 3 times with little ones. I am trying to remember what I packed. I always brought a crib sheet from home b/c I thought a familiar smell would help with sleeping. Plenty of snacks! Bring childproofing supplies. I learned with my first son that they go right for the plugs in the room.

I hope I helped a little. If I think of other important needs, I will repost.

wvdisneyfamily

I overpacked as well. Other than the basics like diapers, wipes, etc...my suggestion is lots of extra outfits. I packed a ton of those and was thankful. Also, my personal pack'n'play.

Disneykidder

We are overpackers, too. With the little ones, the clolthes are so small and can compact so I'd say more for them is better. You never know if they go through clothes, have an ice cream mess or spill milk or juice everywhere. (extra socks, too) I'd bring one sweatshirt that is regular size in thickness and maybe a heavier sweatshirt. (the ones with the fur inside like from Childrens Place~~perfect for this time of year, too) Bring more diapers than needed and also a full tub of wipes...comes in handy in the parks to tidy up sticky hands or sweaty necks. Don't forget baby snacks, bottles/cups and I always do a zip lock with small soap and a bottle washer inside so I can wash at the end of each night.
I agree with bringing your own sheet and even blankets. Familiar smells/fabrics help them sleep better but you also know it is clean and comfy. If you have the room to check items, I would check my own pack and play, too. I just trust my own things...y'know?
As far as stroller, bring the one most comfy for baby...reclines, has a canopy for shade and privacy and also a nice big basket for daily items/souvenirs.
While I have never had anything stolen from our stroller, some people put a plastic bag (like walmart or something) and hang it from the handles to "look like" a dirty diaper bag. I suppose it would send a thief packing. :) Another stroller idea is to put ribbons or a balloon on it to distinguish it from the sea of strollers.
I hope my long winded reply has helped.

KC82271

Don't forget to put diapers, wipes, etc in every suitcase and carryon - in case any get lost or delayed!

We purchased a Graco Lite Rider for our 10 month old for her first trip - it was light, and reclined - plus folded easily. Highly recommend.

jennc2001

Thanks for posting this thread. We're also going in December and our son will be 10 months old so all of the suggestions given have helped!!

loveofamouse

As a Floridian, you are nuts if you swim in Dec. lol

We layer our kids. Do onesie, long sleeve shirt and pants, jacket or thick hoodie and blanket. Blankets are comfy to tuck them in in strollers. I pack two outfits per day for kids that young, including several jackets or sweaters but, in the park, I only take an extra sweater pants and shirt. If the baby wets the shirt badly, it isn't a huge deal to not have another undershirt, just a long sleeve shirt is fine.

For the park, in my baby bag:

One extra sweater
one extra shirt
extra pants
5-6 diapers
wipes
2 bottles with only water
formula powder (or two hee hee)
blanket folded under stroller

If I need more than that, we take a break and go back to the hotel. for milk, I only bring two bottles as I just rinse them after use. I bring two just in case I can't rinse one. I don't use a large bag. Ive learned(after 3 kids) that the bigger the bag, the more extra unneeded crap I pack lol.

dinandmick

Original Poster
As a Floridian, you are nuts if you swim in Dec. lol

We layer our kids. Do onesie, long sleeve shirt and pants, jacket or thick hoodie and blanket. Blankets are comfy to tuck them in in strollers. I pack two outfits per day for kids that young, including several jackets or sweaters but, in the park, I only take an extra sweater pants and shirt. If the baby wets the shirt badly, it isn't a huge deal to not have another undershirt, just a long sleeve shirt is fine.

For the park, in my baby bag:

One extra sweater
one extra shirt
extra pants
5-6 diapers
wipes
2 bottles with only water
formula powder (or two hee hee)
blanket folded under stroller

If I need more than that, we take a break and go back to the hotel. for milk, I only bring two bottles as I just rinse them after use. I bring two just in case I can't rinse one. I don't use a large bag. Ive learned(after 3 kids) that the bigger the bag, the more extra unneeded crap I pack lol.

If it gets above 77, we'll be swimming!

I'll have the two b o o b s with me :p but will probably take formula in the parks since it's more convenient on the go.

loveofamouse

If it gets above 77:eek:, we'll be swimming!

I'll have the two b o o b s with me :p but will probably take formula in the parks since it's more convenient on the go.

77?!?! lol the rule for us is 85 degrees but you northerners have a weird sense of what's warm hahaha:lol:

loveofamouse

True. Today it was 30 degrees when I woke up, but it went up to 60 which is unusually warm for this time of year. 77 would be a heatwave!!!

ahhh yes but 77 in the north isn't the same in the south. Yeah, it's hotter but cold doesn't feel the same. Im floridian living in VA right now. In Fl, we are bundled up in the 50s. Here, I am fine to go outside without a jacket in the 40's. Now, granted, Orlando isn't the same as Jacksonville (where Im from). Jax is on the coast so we get ALOT of seabreezes which can really add a chill. Also, the moisture in the air intensifies the cold feeling. :xmas:

busymom

Pack what you NEED

Deciding what clothes to pack depends on where you're from. If you're from Florida and not so used to cold weather, I'd definitely pack some sweatsuits at least for night time, although the days are USUALLY sunny and not too cold during December. Everyone has their own feeding and changing regimens, so I'd say pack what you think is NECESSARY. If you're one of those people who likes to over-pack (or just likes a sense of security) I'd definitely put all of my belongings in a bag or 2 and secure it with a B-hook. This lock allows you to hang your bags comfortably from your stroller and can remain there for the whole trip. That way, if you have a lot of stuff you can still leave it on your stroller during rides without having to worry that they will be stolen (including souvenirs). The same company also makes a lock called the Buggyguard which will allow you to lock your stroller to itself, another stroller, or a stationary object. I would seriously consider looking into these products, as they will allow you more freedom with how much you pack and will keep all of your stuff safe. (plus, the 2 of them combined cost only as much as a 1 day stroller rental fee at the park)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom