Stupid or inplauseable Disney rumors!

jonnyc

That Disney is going to build a theme park in Scraton PA. I don't know it this was ever true but seems totaly ridiculos to me, Scraton???

What are some of the rumors you have heard?

Scranton is a real place? I just thought it was a made up place in the American version of The Office, my bad :lol:.

DizneyPryncess

Scranton!? That's so close to me....i could go to Disney every day! I would seriously have a heart attack if that rumor ever came true!

My favorite absurd Disney rumor....that Walt Disney is frozen. :lol:

protiius

when i stayed in fort wilderness about three years ago a cm told me that the resort was built on the old river country plot :veryconfu i doubt the dates (closing of river country and opening of fort wilderness) even work...

Fe Maiden

I heard this one a few months ago when we were hosting a dinner party. Not only is the rumor preposterous but the chain of people passing the information down to me was ridiculous.

A good friend of mine asked me with a stone cold straight face if it was true that Disney World would be closing due to the poor economy. I prodded a little further, maybe he was talking about closing a resort for a while or have one of the parks closed one day a week, no he heard they were going to close the entire resort.

My next question of course was where he heard this rumor. His in-laws were at an Arby's and the parents of the girl taking their order had just gotten back from WDW and they heard from a CM that they were preparing to close down the resort over the next few months.

EpcoTim

I heard they were building a Stitch Dance party stage or something like that in Tomorrowland. That one cracked me up pretty good.

stonehill1968

Liked the Scranton Rumor . . .

If Disney did build a park in Scranton, they could buy all their paper products from Dunder Mifflin! And Dwight Schrute could get a job as head of security.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My favorite rumor was the Time Racer coaster that was going to be put in a freshly-gutted Spaceship Earth! Wasn't that part of Project Gemini? Thank goodness it never came to fruition!

DizneyPryncess

My favorite rumor was the Time Racer coaster that was going to be put in a freshly-gutted Spaceship Earth! Wasn't that part of Project Gemini? Thank goodness it never came to fruition!

I remember that!! I used to tell my friends & family about it like I was some kind of "insider", haha. I looked stupid when it never happened. I'm glad it never happened either, I love SSE.

Buried20KLeague

I thought Missouri was also an option for awhile...read it in "How to Be Like Walt" There was a fallout with not wanting to sell beer in the park and Missouri being home of Budweiser.

I think I'm remembering correctly...

Yep. That's dead on.

Inside the Missouri Athletic Club in downtown St. Louis is actually a large framed drawing of what was going to be a lewis and clark themed park. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

It's a VERY exclusive club... Doesn't open its doors to the public. I was only in there once, for a wedding reception.

rock_doctor

I like it, Coal World....only one ride. The coal mine roller coaster. It is a adventurous ride with lots of twists and turns, just the end is kind of "abrupt". Depending on wether the pumps are running it ends with a splash or splat....

River country is part of fort wilderness. As you walk past pioneer hall there is a walkway that goes off to the left side past the playground that leads to river country. It is still there just not in use.

magicmaya

Forget them I was on the behind the scenes tour two years ago and the CM told me that River Country is in full operating order and the entire park can be rented out at any time. I got excited and when I got home looked at some current picks and unless your swamp thing you are not going to want to swim in that mess :fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:.

http://modernruins.blogspot.com/2008/01/disneys-river-country.html

:lol:
one of the bus drivers told me that too!

DDEPILLO

Ok so I've heard some rumors about Disney over the years, some have gotten my hopes up and some have made me scratch my head. What are some of these rumors that you constantly hear?

I'll start it off

That Disney is going to build a theme park in Scraton PA. I don't know it this was ever true but seems totaly ridiculos to me, Scraton???

What are some of the rumors you have heard?

Scranton!!! I heard this too. Also Michael Scott is going to be VP of this new park. :ROFLOL:

sorry I had to

magicmaya

A CM told me that they were painting SSE like a globe and putting the globe hooky thing around it and it was going to start spinning in a circle!
What a lie!

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom