Stupid guest behavior at theme parks

Bpmorley

You are one of my favorite posters here. You seem to find threads where you can attempt to assert some sense of dominance or an attempt at intimidation. Phenomenal use of keyboard muscles.
Wrong, but you're entitled to think what you want. Being that you don't pay my bills it really doesn't matter. But that being said, go back and read some of the other peoples responses. They're complaining about people cutting lines. But if they need to get ahead it's ok. So rules are only for certain people. If you think standing up for yourself is some kind of dominance I'd hate to see what you home life is like.

TROR

Wrong, but you're entitled to think what you want. Being that you don't pay my bills it really doesn't matter. But that being said, go back and read some of the other peoples responses. They're complaining about people cutting lines. But if they need to get ahead it's ok. So rules are only for certain people. If you think standing up for yourself is some kind of dominance I'd hate to see what you home life is like.
Catching up with your friends and family is not cutting. There is no rule against this. If you attempted to stop someone from reaching their party, you would be the one getting in trouble from a cast member. You are not in the right.

Bpmorley

Catching up with your friends and family is not cutting. There is no rule against this. If you attempted to stop someone from reaching their party, you would be the one getting in trouble from a cast member. You are not in the right.
Then I'm just gonna attempt to walk in front of everyone saying I'm catching up to my group. Let's see how far that gets me. As long as you say cutting is fine. Thanks just made my trips so much easier

Bpmorley

You said there is no rule against this. Just because you say catching up to your group isn't cutting doesn't make that true. I consider that cutting.

Monorail_Orange

Me: if you need to catch up to family that’s ok
You: sO iTs Ok If I lIe???

No, dummy, no one is defending liars.
Agreed, I just move aside and let them through, if they're lying, it's on them. I've certainly had to rejoin my party in line before, it happens. I mean the way some posters on here are carrying on, I'm waiting for you to start complaining about how FastPass users are "cutting" in line too. :rolleyes:

TROR

Agreed, I just move aside and let them through, if they're lying, it's on them. I've certainly had to rejoin my party in line before, it happens. I mean the way some posters on here are carrying on, I'm waiting for you to start complaining about how FastPass users are "cutting" in line too. :rolleyes:
To be fair, Fastpass does “cut” in line and cause stand by to build up. Scientifically proven fact.

vancee

I haven't read these three pages, but I almost took it upon myself to have some grad night kids kicked out last week. My boat was all from the same school, except for me in the back row ( TIP: ride in the back row so you can't hear everybody's conversations the entire time) Some really cool 18 year old was STANDING UP during the drops on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Hey, some of the grad kids were pretty funny on my boat during PoTC. But I still have young humor :(.

Bpmorley

Me: if you need to catch up to family that’s ok
You: sO iTs Ok If I lIe???

No, dummy, no one is defending liars.
I know that nobody is defending liars here. My point is, how can you really know if you're in the middle of a 2 hour line and they just disappear around the next bend? So it's easier to just stand your ground.

TROR

I know that nobody is defending liars here. My point is, how can you really know if you're in the middle of a 2 hour line and they just disappear around the next bend? So it's easier to just stand your ground.
Benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty.

Bpmorley

Benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty.
to each their own. Personally I wouldn't even ask to get in front of anyone. A few years back there was a guy staying at the wilderness lodge the same time as us. We saw him in his wheelchair at the boat or bus almost everyday. Saw him a few times in the park being taking thru the back way to get to the front of lines. Before they expanded all the queues. One night we were on the boat from WL to MK and so was he. Got caught in a bad storm and was stuck on the boat for a while. It started to let up a little so in order to get up to under the tent you had to run the serpentine or get soaked. We started running. This guy folded up his wheelchair and passed up while carrying it. When you see this, you lose trust/faith in people. That's just one reason I don't really believe people, because someone is always looking to get over in DW.

mdcpr

to each their own. Personally I wouldn't even ask to get in front of anyone. A few years back there was a guy staying at the wilderness lodge the same time as us. We saw him in his wheelchair at the boat or bus almost everyday. Saw him a few times in the park being taking thru the back way to get to the front of lines. Before they expanded all the queues. One night we were on the boat from WL to MK and so was he. Got caught in a bad storm and was stuck on the boat for a while. It started to let up a little so in order to get up to under the tent you had to run the serpentine or get soaked. We started running. This guy folded up his wheelchair and passed up while carrying it. When you see this, you lose trust/faith in people. That's just one reason I don't really believe people, because someone is always looking to get over in DW.
The universe takes care of people like that.

Monorail_Orange

People like what? People with arthritis in their back or knee, or other types of joint pain? People who can walk fine for short distances, but if they spend hours on their feet, they are in pain? Those kind of people?
In this particular case, the individual was reported to have picked up his wheelchair and carried it for some distance when it became more convenient than riding in it. I completely understand there is a group of people you describe who legitimately need to use a mobility device, despite being able to walk short distances. But this guy, from the description given, doesn't seem to be part of that group. If he's capable of carrying his mobility device the distance described FOR HIS CONVENIENCE - not because of a necessity to do so - it appears that he is not truly in need of the device. I think there's a distinction there.

TROR

In this particular case, the individual was reported to have picked up his wheelchair and carried it for some distance when it became more convenient than riding in it. I completely understand there is a group of people you describe who legitimately need to use a mobility device, despite being able to walk short distances. But this guy, from the description given, doesn't seem to be part of that group. If he's capable of carrying his mobility device the distance described FOR HIS CONVENIENCE - not because of a necessity to do so - it appears that he is not truly in need of the device. I think there's a distinction there.
Sure, but let's look at the narrative of this story. Is he a reliable source? I should certainly think not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom