Stupid guest behavior at theme parks

mickEblu

Just thought of an example. But my wife and I are a little more savvy about it. When waiting for Pan a couple times, I figured my wife might as well take my son on the Carrousel and Dumbo (if time) while I wait in the cramped, hot outdoor Pan queue. She would just meet me right as I passed under the Marquee. Didn’t inconvenience anyone or require anybody to scoot over and burn a calorie.

George Lucas on a Bench

Just set up at a Fastpass return area and you'll experience a nonstop flow of cringeworthy gold.

Of course, there are the obligatory thousands of guests who don't know they need to scan their park tickets, have lost their park tickets, wave their Fastpass tickets that no longer grant access etc. Ticket issues are huge and Disney is partly to blame for the confusion because the paper tickets were used for decades and now are only reminders, but it just confuses guests due to lack of ultra-simplicity.

Guests are constantly storytellers here. Everyone has one or several.

"Indiana Jones broke and they said we can use the Fastpass for another ride."
They're at DCA now with blue lights going off at the scanner.

"My family is in there and I had to use the bathroom."
Did they have "the Fastpass?" We'll just take your word for it. Enjoy your free complimentary Fastpass walk-on.

"We have the Fastpass."
They don't actually have a reservation.

"Insert long elaborate story why they're hours early or late with their Fastpass return and should get access now."

It seems like for every other party, a CM has to explain how the entire system works and why they can't just walk in with "the Fastpass."

SteamboatJoe

I had an awful experience on Splash last year behind 3 teenage boys. Cursing, standing up, yelling, and splashing each other (and my party). I regret not reporting it the second I got off and asking to go again. I'm sure they ruined other people's experience that day as well. So I eventually ride again later that trip and some college guy thought it would be hilarious to ruin the picture with a sophmoric pose reminiscent of an Austin Powers scene.

hawkfam

On the Little Mermaid attraction a mother let her 3-4 year old daughter stand on the seat to get a better view in the clam shell next to us. She didn't have her arm around or try supporting her in any other way either. It's bad enough standing up on any ride but on a ride that twists and turns and goes up and down small hills (albeit slowly) in the dark was pretty poor parenting.

But she was poorly parenting because she taking pictures with her cell phone and leaving the camera light on which made for poor theme park etiquette. So, bad outta her all around.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I was at Knotts standing next to Sidewinder in Camp Snoopy. There was a kid that had climbed the fence near the loading station and actually had his hands on the track! His dad was standing next to him staring at his phone. He had no clue that his kid was about to loose his hands. As I walked by, I said really loudly, "Your child is going to die!" and kept walking. That was enough for him to wake up. He looked up and noticed where his kid was. He got the kid down and spanked him in public.

DrAlice

It seems like for every other party, a CM has to explain how the entire system works and why they can't just walk in with "the Fastpass."

You know, I wonder if the problem is that people pay for the front-of-the-line services at other theme parks where you just show up at the correct entrance and they let you in (no return times). So maybe guests think that since they paid for MaxPass, they just show up at the Fastpass entrance and they are good to go. Hence the "I have "the Fastpass"" response. *shrug*

nevol

I haven't read these three pages, but I almost took it upon myself to have some grad night kids kicked out last week. My boat was all from the same school, except for me in the back row ( TIP: ride in the back row so you can't hear everybody's conversations the entire time) Some really cool 18 year old was STANDING UP during the drops on Pirates of the Caribbean.

vancee

I never let anyone in front of me. They can come back to you, but you are not getting in front of me
Wow.... I have never met someone in line like that while trying to get back with my party thankfully. If so, I’d probably push my way through to get with my party. Really come on, what’s the problem with people catching up to their party, especially when you don’t know the circumstances? You do know cast members don’t care if you’re joining with your party, right? It’s a family theme park, stop being so selfish.

Bpmorley

Wow.... I have never met someone in line like that while trying to get back with my party thankfully. If so, I’d probably push my way through to get with my party. Really come on, what’s the problem with people catching up to their party, especially when you don’t know the circumstances? You do know cast members don’t care if you’re joining with your party, right? It’s a family theme park, stop being so selfish.
How am I the selfish one? Maybe your party could have waited for you? Maybe you're lying just to get in front? How do I know? I guess we would both be getting thrown out, cause you are not cutting the line! If you start shoving me I'm shoving right back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom