Stupid guest behavior at theme parks

TROR

Yeah, that sounds like something someone who cuts in line would say.
I’ve definitely caught up with friends or family who were already in line. Guess what? Cast members let me do that when I say I’m catching up to someone because it’s not cutting in line.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I remember at Yellowstone being shoved out of the way by Chinese tour groups all saying "sorry" as they keep up with their leader with the flag. They pushed their way through people to see something but then didn't really enjoy what they pushed their way to see.

socalifornian

I remember at Yellowstone being shoved out of the way by Chinese tour groups all saying "sorry" as they keep up with their leader with the flag. They pushed their way through people to see something but then didn't really enjoy what they pushed their way to see.
Makes sense. A lot of them were rude and extremely messy at wdw. It looked like a garbage truck accidentally thought the park was a dump. No one beat the collective distaste of Brazilian tour groups tho

Phroobar

Original Poster
Makes sense. A lot of them were rude and extremely messy at wdw. It looked like a garbage truck accidentally thought the park was a dump. No one beat the collective distaste of Brazilian tour groups tho
The Chinese tour groups know nothing of personal space. I was in line at Universal Studios with a group behind me. They were constantly in my back pocket. It's not fun being pushed through the Walking Dead by screaming Chinese girls. If you want to make a friend I guess it would not be so bad.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

My personal favorite happened a few years ago. Was waiting in line in the single rider line for Radiator Springs Racers, and a woman cut through saying she needed to meet up with her group.

I thought... isn't the point of a single rider line that once you're in the line, you're no longer in a group? I wish I had said something.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Also last night a group of Vietnamese school kids where graffiti the new fencing in the queue for Calico River Rapids. I yelled at them to stop. I reported it to the Knotts employee as the kids in front of me as they got on the ride. When they got off, the group was meet with Knotts security and taken away. The Knotts employees running the ride were pretty upset since the ride is only a few weeks old and already people are treating it like something at Six Flags. I wonder how screwed up GE will look in a month.
what were they using for the graffiti? like with paint cans? pencils? pens? markers?

Phroobar

Original Poster
what were they using for the graffiti? like with paint cans? pencils? pens? markers?
Sharpie
Z2o9JzqcpIx_.JPG

George Lucas on a Bench

My personal favorite happened a few years ago. Was waiting in line in the single rider line for Radiator Springs Racers, and a woman cut through saying she needed to meet up with her group.

I thought... isn't the point of a single rider line that once you're in the line, you're no longer in a group? I wish I had said something.

You let everyone down that day.

The Mom

Premium Member

It may appear rude, but they MUST stay with their tour leader at all times unless they have an individual US visa. The tour leader is responsible for keeping track of his/her group, and can lose his/her license (and maybe worse) if anyone wanders off. There are also legal problems for a tourist who loses the group - compounded by the inability to speak English.

I know this as I've visited Russia twice - once with an individual tourist visa, once without. In the latter case I could not leave the ship without a local tour guide, and had to be in her "control" at all times.

Darkbeer1

It may appear rude, but they MUST stay with their tour leader at all times unless they have an individual US visa. The tour leader is responsible for keeping track of his/her group, and can lose his/her license (and maybe worse) if anyone wanders off. There are also legal problems for a tourist who loses the group - compounded by the inability to speak English.

I know this as I've visited Russia twice - once with an individual tourist visa, once without. In the latter case I could not leave the ship without a local tour guide, and had to be in her "control" at all times.

I was fortunate in getting a business visa, and not a tourist visa. Stayed in a business hotel, which is different, but we all knew every room was bugged, so watched what we said at all times (My parents also came along, as it was my Dad who had all the connections). The little snack area had regular Russian beer and lots of bread and cheese. Used the subway, and yes, we were followed at times. (This was the 1990's). Went to the Moscow Amusement park, which clearly didn't have any type of Cal DOSH inspections. A swap meet, etc. A very interesting 10 days, followed by a month in Poland. I was hired for a new job just before I left, but they wanted me bad enough that they agreed to wait until I came back. So when I got back, I was thrown into a big mess.....

Midlife Mouse

Once at Universal Orlando, we were waiting in line for MiB for what seemed like forever. We finally found out why. The place was packed with church youth groups that weekend. Some of the groups had figure out that they could stand at the chicken exit and let their friends into line. So, there was this steady stream of teenagers coming in near the front of the line, while a 90+ minute line waited behind them. Meanwhile, many of the other groups were chanting and yelling in the narrow hallways of the queue. We (including my teenage daughter) were so annoyed by them all that we ducked out there and soon left the park. 12+ hours in the park that day, and only five attractions experienced. That really soured us on Universal.

mickEblu

Boo hoo someone had their friend save their spot in line. Yeah your trip is really ruined because of that and Disneyland is made a worse place a result.

Yeah I don’t see what the big deal is either. I mean they were already there, or at least part of the party was. I can’t really blame anyone, especially a day guest or tourist, for trying to maximize their day at DL with all the crazy crowds and money spent.

I’d love to see someone try to tell me that I can’t get back to my wife after taking my son to the bathroom after dealing with crowds and tantrums all day. This is isn’t something I do often or at all. Can’t really remember any examples off the top of my head. Just don’t see what the big deal is. At worst what happens, it takes 15 more seconds to get on Pirates? Or you had to scoot over for a second? I can think of much more annoying things that happen at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom