Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

R W B

Really crazy how people can be in the same exact area on the same day around the same time and haven different opinions on it. The Osbourne lights were the sole reason of this weekend trip (we have a 10 day trip booked in February already but I had to see the lights one last time). Like I said before, I didn't find the crowd that bad and I was on SOA from 5:15-9:15 Saturday night. We did use Disney transportation around noon so I didn't have to deal with the parking lot fiasco but the park itself wasn't bad. SOA was busy sure but it was a steady flow IMO and I was walking against the flow most of the night.

Exactly our experience that night, except we made our way to the top of the SOA before they turned on the lights... It was less crowded at that end, but making our way there was a joke.. No crowd control by CM's. The worst part was right in the middle by the Christmas Tree where Goofy flips the switch.. Nobody wanted to move.. Lost my wife and son a couple times and like someone else said, if someone yelled bomb or god forbid something bad actually happened it would not have been good.. If someone lost their balance and fell it would have started a domino effect.. Crowds usually don't bother me, but this one gave me an uneasy feeling. We were there the first week of the month on a weeknight and it was much less crowded. Stayed for a few dancing lights songs and left after my favorite by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy...
You probably passed within 20ft of me Saturday on SOA, I was standing in front the big tree waiting for goofy to flip the switch.

This notice is now in resort rooms:

View attachment 123178
This was in my room starting Sunday I believe.

NearTheEars

Really crazy how people can be in the same exact area on the same day around the same time and haven different opinions on it. The Osbourne lights were the sole reason of this weekend trip (we have a 10 day trip booked in February already but I had to see the lights one last time). Like I said before, I didn't find the crowd that bad and I was on SOA from 5:15-9:15 Saturday night. We did use Disney transportation around noon so I didn't have to deal with the parking lot fiasco but the park itself wasn't bad. SOA was busy sure but it was a steady flow IMO and I was walking against the flow most of the night.

You probably passed within 20ft of me Saturday on SOA, I was standing in front the big tree waiting for goofy to flip the switch.

This was in my room starting Sunday I believe.

We were right next to the tree as well on Saturday.
I wasn't surprised by the crowds at all. I don't think I've ever been through the lights without being caught in a herd.
Like I said earlier, it thins out, then builds back up. The least crowded place seems to be up toward the main sign, but if you don't get up there early, you have to make your way through the crowd to get up there for a breather.

afb28

Amazing. The @Disneyland today account actually tries to help guests. The @WDWToday account is just more marketing drivel.
It depends on how the question was phrased. I've noticed they arent really a guest relations type of account where they won't answer critiques or bad tweets but I've asked them about other helpings and they've been really good about getting back to me with an answer.

PhotoDave219

It depends on how the question was phrased. I've noticed they arent really a guest relations type of account where they won't answer critiques or bad tweets but I've asked them about other helpings and they've been really good about getting back to me with an answer.

They're advertised as a Guest Relations account. It says it on the times guide.

DHoy

Original Poster

This is what I asked

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 84

afb28

They're advertised as a Guest Relations account. It says it on the times guide.
I get that is the term they use because it's synonymous with what they use in the parks, but I'm saying I've never really seen them respond to negative stuff and I didn't mean to imply that his tweet was negative. I just don't think it's fair to say it's "marketing drivel" when I have multiple first hand accounts with them where they have actually helped me out with a question I had.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What is crowded to one person is normal to another. We got to SOA around 5 and it was nearly shoulder to shoulder when the lights came on, but manageable in my eyes. Daughter #2 that was standing right next to me was looking for an eject button.

Piebald

Went yesterday and got there right at 515 and parked at HS. We went in through the back entrance by 192 and no problem. Saw the lights, had FP (rnr was down) and left at 8. Wasn't bad at all.

PhilharMagician

We were right next to the tree as well on Saturday.
I wasn't surprised by the crowds at all. I don't think I've ever been through the lights without being caught in a herd.
Like I said earlier, it thins out, then builds back up. The least crowded place seems to be up toward the main sign, but if you don't get up there early, you have to make your way through the crowd to get up there for a breather.

Going back 10 years ago it was much more manageable to where you could walk around with your cup of cocoa and not be pushed and knocked around. We used to just walk in and out of SOA during the night with no wait where now you may be stuck in a crowd for 30 minutes just trying to get through the small walkways to SOA. It seemed that once the show was amped up with the addition of the dancing lights that the crowds increased dramatically. Today IMHO the show is 10x better than it was 10 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom