Studios parking lot at capacity (Nov 28 2015)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This evening, Studios parking lot is at capacity, with cars being redirected to Epcot for parking, and then a Disney bus trip back to the Studios.

The park is not at a phase close however.

JourneysEnd

People are posting on the WDW FB page that they've been stuck on busses for 1 1/2 hrs. Sounds like it's really busy over there.

PhotoDave219

Looks like they're going to have to do something soon about the BVD entrance and soon.

Most likely they'll have to change it to Buses Only like they have on the past during high attendance days and have buses come straight into that entrance rather than attempting to turn.

Suffice to say, the traffic on BVD is a known problem that no one seems to do anything about until after the fact.

PhotoDave219

Also, some pro tips for guests during these situations.

First, check these forums, twitter and the ever popular google maps to see if BVD is a cluster. If it is, some good alternatives to sitting on a bus for an hour or two...

- Go to Epcot, walk out the IG and take the Boat to Studios. Lengthy alternative yet effective.

- Get on a Bus to Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach or Swan & Dolphin and Walk/Boat over.

Really your only choices until transportation gets its stuff together.

afb28

Looks like they're going to have to do something soon about the BVD entrance and soon.

Most likely they'll have to change it to Buses Only like they have on the past during high attendance days and have buses come straight into that entrance rather than attempting to turn.

Suffice to say, the traffic on BVD is a known problem that no one seems to do anything about until after the fact.
really wish they could turn the other entrance into an exit as well

i get off 417 and go down i4 beyond disney just to backtrack and use that entrance so i can avoid BVD but leaving MGM is such a pain

NearTheEars

Think we might head over this evening to see the lights. We haven't done the new version of GMR yet either for some reason. Hopefully it's less of a nightmare to park today.

NearTheEars

Since we live North of the parks, we come in on 429 to Western way to BVD in an effort to avoid I4 at all costs. If they closed the BVD entrance, we'd have to take I4 wouldn't we?

afb28

Since we live North of the parks, we come in on 429 to Western way to BVD in an effort to avoid I4 at all costs. If they closed the BVD entrance, we'd have to take I4 wouldn't we?
Only two ways to use the alternate entrance are from south of disney off of i4 or if you come from 192 on the i4 side. There may be some 192 way coming from the west that idk about though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom