Stuck on Dino!, Horse Poo!, IASW Paint! 3/1/05 Big Pic Update!

CoffeeJedi

thimblekisses said:
There was a part with these little rubbery dinosaurs that look like they might run over the top of the car, or something. . . I don't know. They were attached to an awfully huge contraption for such tiny dinosaurs to make them do whatever it is they do. It was this huge thing with long arms, some kind of hydraulic movement.
hmm, i've only ridden this ride twice, both times with squinty eyes (i love Haunted Mansion, but i'm still a wuss) so i probably missed alot of detail
what part is this? i don't remember any dinos like these

BG Rugger

Thanks for the photos. The castle looks fantastic. I'm glad its turning out classy instead what happened during thw hole cake debacle (not to open up that can of worms again).

bryan

Power outage?

Not sure when you were there, but a few days ago we had a park-wide power outage that lasted a few seconds at AK and that may have been the problem behind your poor Dino experience. Somtimes certain systems may not boot back up immediately. Its a shame, though, that you had your surprise ending spoiled!

ProjectTracker

WOW! That's some amazing footage. I haven't seen something that cool since my mom and dad went to Epcot Center back in 1985 on the Universe of Energy. He was able to vidoetape the whole incident and man, it looks very different with the lights on.

tk421-sw

bryan said:
Not sure when you were there, but a few days ago we had a park-wide power outage that lasted a few seconds at AK and that may have been the problem behind your poor Dino experience. Somtimes certain systems may not boot back up immediately. Its a shame, though, that you had your surprise ending spoiled!

Maybe, but, it seemed like that lights just came on, it was around 4:00 ish, so you never know. Thanks!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
CoffeeJedi said:
hmm, i've only ridden this ride twice, both times with squinty eyes (i love Haunted Mansion, but i'm still a wuss) so i probably missed alot of detail

I wish I could tell you more about it. I'm not sure what part it is since I had never ridden the ride before, and I never made it to that point of the ride in a car, only on foot, so I have no clue what point that is in "the story". What I know for sure was that it was one of the curves with dinosaurs and plants. . . y'know, that specific. All I know is there were four or five little dinosaurs that appeared to have no moving parts of their own but were rubbery and a little floppy. They were on giant arms that suggested that they maybe move up and down or back and forth (in a weird way, it was kindof like a little rubbery dinosaur carousel, only sideways on the wall). This whole contraption would have been on the left side of the vehicle. They were high enough up in the air that I assume that under normal ride conditions that they go over the top of the car, so it looks maybe like they're running on top of you. . . ? I can't say for sure. They went out over a good portion of the track, so that's what tells me they went maybe over the car instead of beside it. They were kindof an orangey-reddish color. Does anyone else remember this part of the ride? Can you help us out? I'm sure, though, this isn't very memorable to most, compared to the big scary monster dinosaur lurking all over the place.
One thing we didn't see with the lights on was the stuff with the meteor. There is a meteor involved, right? That's what I seem to recall hearing. Well anyway, we couldn't see any of that, or not that I noticed anyway. So at least that part wasn't spoiled for us for next time, hopefully the first time we make it all the way through!

tk421-sw

CoffeeJedi said:

Here are some pics from the video that show it....
image10kk.jpg

image20cd.jpg

image31er.jpg

image41vp.jpg

image55va.jpg

image64fx.jpg

Hope that helps!

diddy_mouse

wonderful pictures guys! :sohappy: (i'm still chuckling about the PhotoShop'd Stitch pic :lol: )

sorry to hear about your Dino experience :( i've only ridden it once (missed it the last time because it was to darn hot to walk there, and the time before that because there was a 60 min wait.)

peter11435

SpenceMan01 said:
Can't say that I remember those, although I've only been on it once and it goes SOO fast!
There are a few of them, and they are not lit much. It can be difficult to see them sometimes. However once you see them you will notice them everytime.

Goofette

Thank You Thimblekiss and tk421-sw! You both did a great job sharing with us. I Loved all the pics, even the poo! :lol: I can't remember hardly anything about Dinosaur other than it was dark, jerky and loud, because I had my eyes shut so tight the whole time. I think I would have been a little freaked out walking through there. I loved the beginning of the video when the both of you were talking and you said "they forgot about us" and then he said "they said personell will be here soon"...the look on your face and the sound of both of your voices were Priceless!! You Definately deserve Pos Reps for this thread :sohappy:

I didn't know about the fire, does anyone know if that was posted on the boards anywhere and if it was very bad at all? Glad it wasn't an emergency like that.

Spenceman01...what can I say about that picture...nice Job :lol: :lol:

tk421-sw

Now our goal is to out-do our last post! ( perhaps a video of Cinderellabration stage show, and IASW could do it....well have to see....):slurp:

SpenceMan01

tk421-sw said:
Now our goal is to out-do our last post! ( perhaps a video of Cinderellabration stage show, and IASW could do it....well have to see....):slurp:

Make sure it's something I can photoshop ;) :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wow, fumes all the way to the castle............ i bet those painters were high as a kite. :dazzle: i wonder if one felt like peter a little and tried to fly.....

dinosaur video = :hurl: motion sickness................ jk, nice job and sorry about the first ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom