News Structure built in Kilimanjaro Safaris?

cookiee_munster

Attachments

• Timon.jpg
    Timon.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 79

tcool123

Some notes from today’s safari:
- Driver said it was donated from a local farm which would explain the goats.
- Wardens home is still being constructed.

9829014F-EA12-4D24-AED6-4627FFF54BC3.jpeg

- I believe the Oryx were previously held here? If so they have been integrated on the savanna , picture taken by the lions area
E9CE6738-354F-4B7D-B295-46E13DBE5FE9.jpeg

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Marc Davis Fan

Ever since they removed the "poaching" story (and I'm glad they did, because it was too corny), Kilimanjaro Safaris has felt like it lacked a proper finale. The best parts are at the beginning and middle, and then the last few scenes are anticlimactic.

I was hoping this structure would be part of an improvement to the ending, but I suspect my hopes will be dashed...

Are they just moving animals from the Planet Watch petting zoo, and retroactively inventing a storyline to explain it?

JoeCamel

Ever since they removed the "poaching" story (and I'm glad they did, because it was too corny), Kilimanjaro Safaris has felt like it lacked a proper finale. The best parts are at the beginning and middle, and then the last few scenes are anticlimactic.

I was hoping this structure would be part of an improvement to the ending, but I suspect my hopes will be dashed...

Are they just moving animals from the Planet Watch petting zoo, and retroactively inventing a storyline to explain it?
Corny or not when you saw lil red it brought a bittersweet tear to many an eye. I liked it, it was a "Disney" moment so expected.

UNCgolf

I think we had a discussion about this earlier in the thread (it may have been a different thread), but I don't think Disney has a ton of options. Most people are riding the safari to see the animals; they're the stars. There's really no comparable experience in the US in overall quality between the animals themselves and the landscaping.

It's hard to have much of a story (or any kind of finale) without drawing attention away from the animals, which was one of the problems with the original poacher story. The animals were more like a backdrop rather than the reason we were there -- the point was to get the poachers and save Lil Red rather than enjoy seeing/learning about the animals. It seems like that would be an issue with almost any storyline.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

I think we had a discussion about this earlier in the thread (it may have been a different thread), but I don't think Disney has a ton of options. Most people are riding the safari to see the animals; they're the stars. There's really no comparable experience in the US in overall quality between the animals themselves and the overall landscaping

It's hard to have much of a story (or any kind of finale) without drawing attention away from the animals, which was one of the problems with the original poacher story. The animals were more like a backdrop rather than the reason we were there -- the point was to get the poachers and save Lil Red rather than enjoy seeing/learning about the animals. It seems like that would be an issue with almost any storyline.
Right, I agree with you. I'm not suggesting that they should add a new storyline, but just that the attraction would benefit from more interesting things appearing at the end (rather than the best parts being at the beginning and middle).

On the other hand, one would argue that it's sort of like DL's PoTC, with rising action, a climax (the savanna and the lions), and then falling action (in this case returning to the smaller forest at the end). So, maybe it's actually perfect as is...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom