Strollers in high end restaurants?

Disneydreamer23

Hey every one I never paid attention to this before since I wasn't a mother ,My parents my self husband and 16 month old are going to Disney in September and My mom wants to eat at Narcooses, Beast Castle, and Ohana all after 9 pm I told her my daughter will be sleeping and she told me to let her sleep in the stroller? I assumed strollers were not allowed in restaurants 1st Are they? 2nd If not what would you do? were going for 2 weeks and all the other places we are doing before 7 pm so its no problem but I think after 9 for a 16 month old I don't think that will happen THANK YOU!

Sweet Melissa

You're correct that many restaurants do not allow strollers inside. I don't think you'll be able to take one in to Narcoossee's or Be Our Guest. I've never dined at 'Ohana, but judging by how crowded people say it is, I doubt a stroller would be welcome there either. Those are really late dinners for a toddler. Maybe you could hire an in-room sitter or just bow out of those late dinners.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

At times Disney doesn't like me to bring them in quick service restaurants. I would not plan on bringing them into restaurants as there's just really not room for them.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Pretty much all of the TS spots make you park your stroller outside the restaurant. I've never been to Narcoosee's, but I've been to BOG and 'Ohana, and I know I've never seen strollers inside.

I think it's a no brainer about not leaving a sleeping child in the stroller outside the restaurant, but I was wondering how you were planning on working nap time. My younger one was a tad older (just turned 2) on her first trip, but we wore her out all morning and early afternoon- had her take a substantial nap (longer than any nap she'd ever take at home) -and she was often good until late in the evening. Every child is different, but it's a consideration if you think you can make it work for your child.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I can only assume that @burks is just kidding about leaving the child alone in the stroller while you go in and eat. Leaving a child alone in Disney is not only dangerous but it is against the law...not unlike leaving a child home alone without a babysitter or in a car when you go into the store shopping. We are talking about a 16 month old child, not a puppy....not that I would ever do this to a puppy. You CAN NOT just park the stroller and leave the child alone.
I agree with @Sweet Melissa .....get a babysitter and enjoy your adult dinner. 9PM is very late to keep a toddler out and you will be risking a very cranky child the following day. Restaurants are very busy and can be noisy and for a tired toddler.....well.....this can go wrong in so many way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WDWFan_Boston

They may let you in with this...that way you can show your #disneyside ;)

15_R2-baby.jpg

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

It's not unusually in some cities in Europe to leave a sleeping child in a stroller/pram outside a dining establishment while the parents go in to dine.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The answer is no on the stroller. You can either leave your daughter in the room with a hired baby sitter, or someone in your party like the 16 Y/O lastly let her take a nap earlier and join you for your meals. Since you are dining at the GF and Poly then you can schedule time at the daycare available at those resorts for the your daughter when you eat.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

The answer is no on the stroller. You can either leave your daughter in the room with a hired baby sitter, or someone in your party like the 16 Y/O lastly let her take a nap earlier and join you for your meals. Since you are dining at the GF and Poly then you can schedule time at the daycare available at those resorts for the your daughter when you eat.
I believe she might be too young for the Kids Club sitting services, so it would have to be in-room.

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
I talked my mother into maKing ohana and bog at 730 my daughter sleeps from.930_8 she couldn't change narcooses so we are not going thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3Caballeros

Hey every one I never paid attention to this before since I wasn't a mother ,My parents my self husband and 16 month old are going to Disney in September and My mom wants to eat at Narcooses, Beast Castle, and Ohana all after 9 pm I told her my daughter will be sleeping and she told me to let her sleep in the stroller? I assumed strollers were not allowed in restaurants 1st Are they? 2nd If not what would you do? were going for 2 weeks and all the other places we are doing before 7 pm so its no problem but I think after 9 for a 16 month old I don't think that will happen THANK YOU!
My suggestion would be to select an earlier dinner time, which may mean separating from your parents and have a dinner that best fits your family.
And each child is different. Our daughter was about that age for her first trip. She is not a napper but she ended being awake until 10 each night.
Or the other option, if your child is a sound sleeper, hold her during dinner while she sleeps.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I think maybe you should change your meal times. That's one of the "joys" of being a parent, it's not about what you want anymore but what is best for your kids. Or maybe you can join your mom for dinner and hubby can go back to the room with your child so you can enjoy your meal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom