Strollers in high end restaurants?

Disneydreamer23

Hey every one I never paid attention to this before since I wasn't a mother ,My parents my self husband and 16 month old are going to Disney in September and My mom wants to eat at Narcooses, Beast Castle, and Ohana all after 9 pm I told her my daughter will be sleeping and she told me to let her sleep in the stroller? I assumed strollers were not allowed in restaurants 1st Are they? 2nd If not what would you do? were going for 2 weeks and all the other places we are doing before 7 pm so its no problem but I think after 9 for a 16 month old I don't think that will happen THANK YOU!

LizC

Just came back from a trip to WDW. We ate at Be Our Guest and they let us bring our double stroller in, my son was asleep at the time. We did notice most, but not all, people had left their strollers outside. My assumption is that if you ask nicely and get lucky with a nice CM you may get to bring your stroller like we did.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

docdebbi

we have often had sleeping kids going into a nice restaurant, both at disney and outside. we pick the baby up, stick a bottle or breast (depending how old the kid is then) back in it's mouth, it usually goes back to sleep and we hold it while we eat.
yes I have learned to eat with one hand, although I admit, I get my daughter (the owner of said child) to cut my meat for me if needed.

grandmoms will use any excuse to hold a grandchild.

it really is easy and may be your solution, unless your baby really has sleeping problems, most will settle right back down.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I apparently am the only one who finds it rude to bring young children in nice restaurants after 6 pm...any time we've brought out 1-year olds somewhere nice, we've done lunch or a very early dinner so as to not disturb others in a restaurant meant to be nice. Of the restaurants on your list, though, Be Our Guest wouldn't really qualify for that policy to me--it's in the MK and is always noisy with screaming children. I'd be pretty peeved if I planned an engagement dinner for late evening at Narcoossee's and a toddler was screaming. Or not screaming and just being noisy as toddlers commonly are. No 6 pm signature dining for us until the boys are older or we have a baby sitter...

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It's not unusually in some cities in Europe to leave a sleeping child in a stroller/pram outside a dining establishment while the parents go in to dine.

True -- I've seen it done in Europe, but it's not illegal there, and those nations don't have the kidnapping rates that we do in the United States. There's still a risk no matter where you are. I'm sure Madeline McCann's parents wish they'd gotten a sitter for their kids while they went out to dinner, too (and they "only" left their children unattended in their resort, not in a stroller)...

I'm with the posters who suggested getting a sitter, or moving the ADRs from late to early. If you're determined to try and have her sleep in the stroller, call each of these restaurants to inquire about their stroller policies so you know what to expect. According to this article, strollers are generally not allowed in WDW table service restaurants: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...dining-with-a-baby-or-infant-in-disney-world/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I apparently am the only one who finds it rude to bring young children in nice restaurants after 6 pm...any time we've brought out 1-year olds somewhere nice, we've done lunch or a very early dinner so as to not disturb others in a restaurant meant to be nice. Of the restaurants on your list, though, Be Our Guest wouldn't really qualify for that policy to me--it's in the MK and is always noisy with screaming children. I'd be pretty peeved if I planned an engagement dinner for late evening at Narcoossee's and a toddler was screaming. Or not screaming and just being noisy as toddlers commonly are. No 6 pm signature dining for us until the boys are older or we have a baby sitter...

Dizneyworld is for kids. They are allowed to behave however they want, wherever they want. Deal with it or don't go!!!!

That seems to be the prevailing attitude. I, however, agree with you.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Out of curiosity - does disneyworld still have babysitter services? I vaguely remember something like this being offered but I may be confusing the service with a whole other entertainment park.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Out of curiosity - does disneyworld still have babysitter services? I vaguely remember something like this being offered but I may be confusing the service with a whole other entertainment park.

Some of the deluxes have Activity Centers which provide childcare services for kids from ages 3-12.

Disney also "partners" with a separate company, Kids' Nite Out, which provides in-room babysitting:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/child-care-services/
http://www.kidsniteout.com/

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We always plan our dinners for super early at WDW, especially if it's somewhere nice. Not only are my kids better-behaved earlier in the day, but the people eating early tend to be other families with small children, who I figure will be in the same boat as us anyways so we can all annoy each other, hahaha.

In general, though, I eat any fancy dinner (anywhere) with the mind that if one of them starts acting up and we can't settle things down quickly, we're out of there. I refuse to be the parent that everyone hates at a restaurant and I don't care if that means I have to bail out.

We had a 6:15 at Jiko this time and I was so nervous about it being too late. The only reason I agreed to it is that we were staying at AKL so worst case scenario, I knew one of us could leave with the kid(s) if a meltdown situation happened.

This is one of my personal parenting "things", so I'm probably more paranoid about it than most people.

Upvote 0

Pixie VaVoom

It's not unusually in some cities in Europe to leave a sleeping child in a stroller/pram outside a dining establishment while the parents go in to dine.

What !?! OH...."H".... NO !!! This is AMERICA where we will take your children AWAY FROM you if you don't care to keep an eye on them. If you don't have any more concern than that for Children - then Please DON'T HAVE THEM!!!

If you are serious then you should lose your AMERICAN Parenting priviledges...if you ARE NOT serious then you should LOSE your WDW Foprum POSTING priviledges. I am sure the the Walt Disney Corp does not want to be responsible for the legalities of abandoned children !!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

True -- I've seen it done in Europe, but it's not illegal there, and those nations don't have the kidnapping rates that we do in the United States. There's still a risk no matter where you are. I'm sure Madeline McCann's parents wish they'd gotten a sitter for their kids while they went out to dinner, too (and they "only" left their children unattended in their resort, not in a stroller)...

I'm with the posters who suggested getting a sitter, or moving the ADRs from late to early. If you're determined to try and have her sleep in the stroller, call each of these restaurants to inquire about their stroller policies so you know what to expect. According to this article, strollers are generally not allowed in WDW table service restaurants: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...dining-with-a-baby-or-infant-in-disney-world/
I agreed in an earlier post that they needed a sitter. I was just offering an explanation as to why someone might have made the suggestion to leave the child in the stroller.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

What !?! OH...."H".... NO !!! This is AMERICA where we will take your children AWAY FROM you if you don't care to keep an eye on them. If you don't have any more concern than that for Children - then Please DON'T HAVE THEM!!!

If you are serious then you should lose your AMERICAN Parenting priviledges...if you ARE NOT serious then you should LOSE your WDW Foprum POSTING priviledges. I am sure the the Walt Disney Corp does not want to be responsible for the legalities of abandoned children !!
If you had read through the posts, my first post did say get a sitter. I was offering an explanation and stating a fact, not suggesting that they do this. I was neither serious or not serious...just stating a fact.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you had read through the posts, my first post did say get a sitter. I was offering an explanation and stating a fact, not suggesting that they do this. I was neither serious or not serious...just stating a fact.

I can't tell who's serious and who's not in here. For the record, I'm serious about not knowing who's being serious.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom