Strollers and negligence

Skibum1970

And don't forget metal slides!

That were hot enough to scorch the skin off on contact. And monkey bars/jungle jims. Yet, we had fun and made it out with nothing more than the aforementioned scabs or even bruises. Some had broken bones but you learned what not to do the next time.

I do wish that I had seen a kid get ejected from a stroller (assuming that the child was 4+ years old). I worked at a supermarket when I was younger and used to cringe when I would see kids standing where they should be sitting in the shopping cart. We saw plenty of falls and it was not fun to see.

spock8113

Stroller license! I would recommend offensive stroller driving training and insurance along with a security and insurance deposit!
$500 deductible and OEM parts only, no cheap knock-off parts. The stroller collision repair industry is rife with fraud so be sure to go to your own stroller body shop. Check if your stroller insurance covers liability for rentals. Strollers don't need air bags because a bag of Cheerios performs the same function.
Seriously, stroller etiquette has been lacking for decades, or longer, and I'm pretty sure the discussion of wheelchair and scooter etiquette has been posted here as well. Like people in Christmas shopping crowds or drivers in bumper-to-bumper, there will always be those few who are just completely self-absorbed and inconsiderate.

Weather_Lady

Perhaps Disney needs to start requiring stroller-pushing guests to use safety harnesses, stroller speed governors, and collision sensors with automatic braking. Just think of the equipment rental income it could rake in, all while saving guests from random flying toddlers and gouged Achilles tendons! (My 70+-year-old father was banged up and bloodied by a moron with a stroller on Main Street, U.S.A. who rammed into the back of his legs more than once several years ago -- not out of spite, seemingly, but sheer stupidity -- and I'm still salty about it.)

Last edited:

Raxel7851

Perhaps Disney needs to start requiring stroller-pushing guests to use safety harnesses, stroller speed governors, and collision sensors with automatic braking. Just think of the equipment rental income it could rake in, all while saving guests from random flying toddlers and gouged Achilles tendons. (My 70+-year-old father was banged up and bloodied by a moron with a stroller on Main Street, U.S.A. who rammed into the back of his legs more than once several years ago -- not out of spite, seemingly, but sheer stupidity -- and I'm still salty about it.)
Can we include those electric scooters as well. There seems to be a small minority of those operators that really need that. One time my wife and I were walking on the sidewalk of Main St when I heard a horn beeping. A scooter attempted to pass me and there wasn’t enough room, so her right side rear wheel fell off of the edge of the sidewalk. There goes all of her belongings strewn over Main St. Miraculously she got up, lifted her scooter upright, and continued on her way, beeping her horn.

MickeyLuv'r

Ah, the stroller wars....

In my experience, this goes both ways.

People get distracted at WDW. Some like, turn their brains off and go in vacation mode. (Though given the current state of the USA, maybe they never had brains?) but much of the fault is just that WDW is very distracting.

Bringing back the idea of Genie+/FP+, where people have to use their phones to get their next pass/check wait times, is part of the problem. And that's mostly on WDW. They knew FP+ was a problem. They still launched Genie+/ILL.

Just as some stroller pushers run into others, I have also seen grown adults completely crash into stationary strollers, or attempt to climb over strollers (w/ infants) for no reason. They could have easily walked few extra steps to go around it.

Then again....many times I have attempted to let a stroller pass in front of me, but then the adult with the stroller immediately comes to a dead stop for no reason. RIGHT in front of me, when they could have easily let me pass first if they planned to stop, no?

But my all-time pet peeve....are the families who- stroller or no- spread out/meander/block the path so nobody can pass them. They often congregate/stop in the worst possible pathway junctions while they debate which direction they want to go.

Especially special are the people who freeze just at the bottom end of the Land's escalator to review all their options. Hello! Twenty+ people are GOING to crash into you!

NickMaio

I think you will find this is an upcharge event for children under three only. Anyone with a birthday t-shirt on their child will be asked to relinquish the stroller and exit the park. For only $15.99 (plus tax) you can schedule your childs ejection for a specific time
Bob?

Bugz

Stroller license! I would recommend offensive stroller driving training and insurance along with a security and insurance deposit!
$500 deductible and OEM parts only, no cheap knock-off parts. The stroller collision repair industry is rife with fraud so be sure to go to your own stroller body shop. Check if your stroller insurance covers liability for rentals. Strollers don't need air bags because a bag of Cheerios performs the same function.
Seriously, stroller etiquette has been lacking for decades, or longer, and I'm pretty sure the discussion of wheelchair and scooter etiquette has been posted here as well. Like people in Christmas shopping crowds or drivers in bumper-to-bumper, there will always be those few who are just completely self-absorbed and inconsiderate.
Half of the people don't have kids they use them for crowd bulldozers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom