Strollers?!?! 3yr old & 9 month old

WeluvMickey

Hello...

HELP!! What do I do??!?

Traveling with DH & 2 daughters..3yr & 9 month old?!?!

What do I bring....

A single stroller for the 9 month old & an umbrella stroller for the 3yr old?!?!

A single stroller for the 9 month old..& rent a stroller there for the 3yr old?!?!

Rent a stroller there for both!??!

I dont know.....

I know the 3yr old wont be able to walk the whole day....&...I dont think the rented strollers would be very comfortable for the younger one to nap?!!?

Please help!!

Kristamouse

Get a nice double for the trip, they are big and bulky but comfy for the kids and have loads of room for all of the c**p you need for kids in the parks. I have a 2 and 3 year old and we have a Graco Duoglide. It is beast, but the kids are happy in there and that makes everyone happy on the trip. I know some on this board think double strollers are the devil in the parks, just try hard not to get people in the heels. I do think the park strollers would be uncomfortable for your baby, and your 3 year old will get tired and want to sit or nap. If buying a double is out of the question than borrow one and make sure your 3 year old will fit in. (are you in NKY? you can borrow ours:))Our DS is a big kid and fits fine in the front and back of the Duoglide. Also get a rain cover, yes they are about 20.00 and the park ponchos do fit but the rain blows the ponchos and the kids and your stuff end up wet. We had a Dad offer us 50.00 for ours in EPCOT, why I didn't sell it, I don't know!
We also have two Chicco's that are umbrella strollers that recline a little, are taller so DH and I don't have to slouch to push (hate that), have a small storage basket, rain cover, storage sleeve and strap to hold the stroller on you back. We got a kit to connect ours together, great for the zoo. Or you could use your travel system stoller for the baby to be confortable in and use an umberella stroller for you 3 year old and store in the large storage basket of your big stroller when the 3 year old is walking.
Any way you choose will be fine, after all you are in DISNEY!!!! Have a great time, I loved WDW more after being there with my kids.

Upvote 0

WDWEric

we leave in 4 days and are bringing a bigm bulky double. my kids are 1 and almost 3, i think having the stroller will be worth the trouble!

Upvote 0

minnie2000

The rental strollers are not really suitable for your 9 month old.

Are you planning full days in the park? Unless your 3 year old has great endurance, they will need some sort of stroller, even if it is only for a rest now and then.

I would say either get a double, or take a single for each of your kids. My kids have always been good walkers, but we always took a light folding stroller, because of the long distances and long days!

I'm not a fan of the rental strollers - sorry.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I would either take 2 or get a double. I wouldn't rent for them. They aren't too comfy. They do sell an umbrella stroller there for $40. I saw them at the MK (gift shop outside the tunnel) and in our resort gift shop. I would make sure that you have something that lays down if they nap. You may like having the bigger stroller for storing stuff.

Hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

You will find there are many opinions on this topic! What works for one family does not for another. So here is what works for MY family....on our first trip with the kids they were 12 months and 4 years. We leave this weekend for our third trip with the kids and they are now 2 and 5, and we plan on doing the same thing regarding strollers because it has worked so well for us in the past. We bought 2 travel strollers from One Step Ahead. They are very light weight and fold VERY easlily and quickly, and have a bulit in carrying strap for when they are folded. We check the 5 year olds and use the 2 years olds at the airport and then gate check it. We like having a stroller for each kid because we think it is easier to navigate the parks, especially in crowds. And yes....a five year old can certainly do without a stroller, BUT at the end of a long day when we see other parents holding their sleeping preschoolers while waiting for the bus or boat, we are soooo glad our child is resting/sleeping in his stroller! And if we want to get from point A to point B quickly (like to get to a show on time, or to beat the crowds after the fireworks), it is much faster to push both kids than to keep up with a wandering preschooler. And when my son wants to walk, he can....my husband will give his back a break and push the backpack in the stroller! And remember....you can always leave the second stroller in your hotel room if you do not think you will need it on a particular day. It is nice to have it if you need it versus wishing you had brought one. You could rent one, BUT again....the times we find our second stroller most useful are not in the parks....it is great to have for the walk to and from transporation and at the resort. I suggest buying/borrowing a "travel" stroller if you can....they are made to be easier to deal with while traveling. We like the carrying strap on ours because it makes it easier to lug onto the buses. You will want something lightweight and that you can fold up quickly because on the buses and smaller boats you have to fold up your stroller and hold it. I personaly would get very frusterated if I had to take my regular stroller to Disney or my double stroller. But again, there are many opinions on this. Here is a link to the stroller section on allears.net. It can give you more opinions on the topic. Have a great trip! http://allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Forgot to mention one thing....it seems like one of the arguments for bringing a larger stroller is to have more storage space for your stuff. This is true if you like to take alot of stuff to the parks. However, we find that the less stuff you take with you the easier it is. We bought a storage pouch that snaps onto the handles of the strollers, and it did not get in the way of folding up the strollers. My husband wore a backpack and I wore a pack. We had more than than enough room for all of our stuff. You can rent a locker if you need to. And if you are staying on property you can have your purchases sent to your room, so you do not have to carry your sounevirs around the park all day.
Also, not sure how much your 9 month old weighs....when my daughter was 12 months old, she was VERY tiny and was not walking yet, and she did great in the travel stroller (it reclined for her naps...very important!)

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I have become a pro with a double stroller. My kids are gonna be 3 and 5 and im still gonna bring the double stroller. Getting on and off the bus isnt that big of a deal for me, but I have been doing this since they were born. Good luck

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

don't rent a stroller for your 9 month old. Personally I would take 2 strollers if I don't have a double stroller. The 9 month old will be more comfy as the rental ones are hard and don't recline at all (We just got back from our trip with our 7 month old son and we took our travel stroller and he was so comfy and taking them on the bus is not a big deal at all) Your 3 yr old will probably want a reclining type of stroller for a comfy nap.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Bring a stroller for the 9-month-old. Don't bring one for the 3-year-old. When she gets tired of walking, sit down somewhere and have a drink and/or snack and chill out for 20 minutes or so. I walked around WDW all day without a stroller starting at age 2. When I got tired, we took a short break. A few 20 minute breaks in your day won't make a big deal.

Upvote 0

ELopez

I agree with the poster that said different things work for different families, but I feel like an expert in the stroller department, because we had our 1st 3 children in 3 years and have gone to WDW every year since the first one was born.

I would suggest you take a regular stroller for the 9 mo. old and an umbrella stroller for the 3 yo. We would fold the umbrella stroller and put it in the basket of the regular stroller when the older child walked. Either way, have a blast!

Upvote 0

eeyoremum

I personally don't like strollers for children that can walk. My kids did not use them once they could walk. Now the BUT...most people, child or adult, walk as much as they do in WDW. We took our first trip when our youngest was 4. He developed such a bad blister on his foot we rented a stroller because he could not walk. To this day, he is almost 8, the only thing he remembers from his first trip were his sore, red, toes. Oh, and getting sick all over the room :lol: . Long story short. Take a stroller AND don't buy your child new shoes right before a WDW trip. Trust me on the last advice. Enjoy.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

We are heading down this Friday with a 3 yr old and a 5 week old. We are taking our new double stroller for the first time. We actually registered for the double stroller just to have it for our Disney trips. (We tend to go 3-4 times a year).

I have found that my oldest son is/was definately most comfortable in the stroller he was use to. He has been 10 times since he was born. His 1st trip was at 6 mo.

I guess I will find out how the double stroller works next week :)

Niki

Upvote 0

wired

Well, we had the same issue. We had a nice large double stroller, but not something that I wanted to deal with moving on and off buses. And after testing a lot of stroller, it was an all day event, my wife was not happy, we found a Chicco CT 0.5 double stroller. This is one of the nices double umbrella strollers we have found. It is easy to fold up, compact, reclining seats and pockets. It is built really well, and we constantly get people asking us were we got and what brand it is.

http://www.chiccousa.com/product.php?productid=171&cat=5&page=1

Having taken our two (2yrs and 1yrs) kids twice with this stroller, we really did not have any issues and having that extra "shopping cart" is always a plus.

Just My 2 cents

wired

Upvote 0

morgan22

We are travelling with our 11month old this time and I have bought a Chicco umbrella stroller for her as we are flying from the UK with a layover in Philly and although I think she would be more comfortable in her large travel system it is just not practical for us - so I have started taking her walks in the new stroller to get her used to it (we're travelling in june). It reclines slightly and has a hood and raincover and a small basket for nappies and drinks etc - We usually rent a locker for our bits and bobs anyway - so anything else we'll pop in there...

Upvote 0

scorp111

We have a double stroller that we will be taking for our 1 year old and 3 year old.

We have taken it the last two trips, and to DLR, and it works well.

We bought this stroller, after our 3 year olds single stroller was taken during a showing of Fantasmic, since our son was born a few months later.

It is a bit of a hassle with the busses, but you just get used to it.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

If you do bring an umbrella stroller just make sure that it is one that reclines. This way if the 3 year old falls asleep in it he/she won't be slumped over in no time.

We got one of the sit and stand strollers for our about to be 4 year old and not yet born(June) baby. Can't wait to see how it works out for us at the World in Sept.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom