Stroller Stolen Downtown Disney near Rainforest Cafe

G00fyDad

If they won't let you lock it up, and also don't have people watching the area...yeah, it kind of is their fault. My husband thinks of it as prime criminal area now, if this happens more & more you think Disney wants people walking away with that? Thanks for being so understanding, still hope you never are violated with something being stolen. The fault doesn't matter, it just stinks.

They won't allow you to lock it with a bike lock attached to anything. However, you are perfectly within your rights to lock the wheels to the stroller frame with a lock. They just need to be able to move it if necessary. And who's stealing a stroller with a bike lock on it? No one. They will pass yours up next time.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I sympathise with you for the loss of your stroller, especially as you'll have to buy a replacement.

I do however question your thought process into leaving it unattended for 20 minutes and (a) expecting it to be there on your return, and (b) suggesting that the fault lies with Disney and not yourselves.

I'm afraid that your loss is a reflection on the world in general. Crime rates are generally climbing.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The Stolen Stroller: An Urban Bourgeois Problem?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/nyregion/the-stolen-stroller-an-urban-bourgeois-problem.html?_r=0

I did start mulling the question of who really was the victim here. Clearly it was not the baby, who would be just as happy or colicky in a worn hand-me-down, but the parents, who by definition not only can afford a $400 stroller but are also so cavalier about it that they leave it outside, unattended and unlocked.

Could there be just a touch of Robin Hood here, with thieves stealing from the wealthy and middle-class purchasers of things brand new, then selling those things back to the slightly less wealthy and middle-class craigslist trawlers, turning a profit along the way?

Is the idea of a $400 stroller so outlandish that, on some level, those who have so lost sight of their own privilege as to leave one unattended almost deserve to be robbed? (But my stroller was a double! And we do a lot of walking! On bumpy sidewalks!)
...​

Yes!!!

I'm Robin Hood!

stevehousse

Was there maybe another stroller in the area that looked just like yours. I have heard of people grabbing the wrong one on accident? And were you parked inside a designated stroller parking area or just left it unattended where there wasn't any other strollers? Did you happen to call Disney lost and found at all?

Stroller theft at Disney does happen but it isn't very common at all. Sorry it happened.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If they won't let you lock it up, and also don't have people watching the area...yeah, it kind of is their fault. My husband thinks of it as prime criminal area now, if this happens more & more you think Disney wants people walking away with that? Thanks for being so understanding, still hope you never are violated with something being stolen. The fault doesn't matter, it just stinks.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I tend to blame criminals verses victims, theft or otherwise. I too had a $400 Aprika stroller, a gift from co-workers when my first kid was born 25+ years ago. I learned quickly to not take it anywhere where I had to walk away from it. I did take a cheap umbrella stroller to Disney and rented in the parks (it was cheap way back then.)

Your husband is correct there is crime at DTD and other areas of the property. I would encourage you to take your child to Disney despite it. It is a magical place for families, would be nice for the child to experience. When you can put the angry aside you will be more on guard on property, that crime does happen on occasion at Disney and be more prepared and more proactive. You are not the first to believe the property is more secure than it really is. Sorry it happened.

Nemo14

I think a lot of us have experienced "theft" in one form or another, and it's quite painful to think that something we cherished is now in the hands of people whose values are clearly different from ours. We can either waste our time having a pity-party over it though or move on and consider it a lesson learned.

BigTxEars

Good Lord with the 17,000,000 strollers left unattended around WDW each day I would be shocked if this did not occur daily multiple times.

A remotely detonated very small explosive device in the stroller would resolve these types of issue ;)

And how do you live live with 15 minutes of WDW and never have gone before :eek:

rob0519

Just another person with no apparent interest in this forum, joins only after a bad experience on Disney property to complain about it. I'm sorry your stroller was stolen, but it's a public mall and any unattended and unlocked item is pretty much fair game whether it be an expensive stroller or an expensive bike.

Out of curiosity, how long have you lived in Florida. You say you're only 15 minutes from WDW and this was your first time close to it?

BigTxEars

Just another person with no apparent interest in this forum, joins only after a bad experience on Disney property to complain about it. I'm sorry your stroller was stolen, but it's a public mall and any unattended and unlocked item is pretty much fair game whether it be an expensive stroller or an expensive bike.

Out of curiosity, how long have you lived in Florida. You say you're only 15 minutes from WDW and this was your first time close to it?

I think she said she lives 15 mins from WDW and has never been. No way I could do that :)

BigTxEars

I know you jest, but that's not funny. That's exactly what my four-legged companion and I try to prevent.

You try to prevent the kind that could injury innocents, I just want the scumbag thief injured. Either way it was a joke and should be taken as such, no offense meant to the serious side of the issue. How about a remote device that shocks the crap out of whoever is touching the stolen item :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom