Stroller Stolen Downtown Disney near Rainforest Cafe

Kriseegirl

Original Poster
And this was Disneys fault how?

Well,considering many places require you to leave your stroller, with the rule it can't be locked up with a bike lock...is say they just need to watch the area. Not to say they still won't get stollen, but less likely if there's an attendant watching.

I never said it was Disney's fault, but I'd think they'd be more considerate when I called, and would want to do things to prevent it from happening in the future.

Lastly, I just want people to know it's a common occurance, so to be careful. Isn't that what these forums are for? If I can help prevent one more person from having this happen, I'll be happy. By stiller locks it's not the ones that come on your stroller:). Lol you buy these at baby stores. A mom invented them after getting get stroller stollen at Disney. Man , some of y'all should work at Disney customer service bc you have the attitude down already!

Kriseegirl

Original Poster
Downtown Disney is a shopping district. There is no entry fee to get in so ANYONE could be wandering around. I'm not surprised someone would take advantage of this. It's unfortunate, but I don't think it's Disney's fault your unattended personal item was stolen.

Considering I leave my stroller outside of my Publix every day & it's never been stollen, I don't think the lack of every or otherwise matters. Disney, admission part or not, is prime target for bad people to take advantage & that's that. I was naive, but it still stinks to be stolen from. Thanks for an ounce of compassion.

Kriseegirl

Original Poster
If they won't let you lock it up, and also don't have people watching the area...yeah, it kind of is their fault. My husband thinks of it as prime criminal area now, if this happens more & more you think Disney wants people walking away with that? Thanks for being so understanding, still hope you never are violated with something being stolen. The fault doesn't matter, it just stinks.
And this was Disneys fault how?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If they won't let you lock it up, and also don't have people watching the area...yeah, it kind of is their fault. My husband thinks of it as prime criminal area now, if this happens more & more you think Disney wants people walking away with that? Thanks for being so understanding, still hope you never are violated with something being stolen. The fault doesn't matter, it just stinks.
Then it's probably not safe to return. You are right. In fact Disney should probably just close that area down because I'm sure there is no way they can adequately protect all the cars parked in the parking lot either.

Just so you know, we had strollers stolen, not just at Disney. It happens. I didn't feel violated. I learned from it. I guess it's all in the level of victim mentality one exists with.

NYwdwfan

Considering I leave my stroller outside of my Publix every day & it's never been stollen, I don't think the lack of every or otherwise matters. Disney, admission part or not, is prime target for bad people to take advantage & that's that. I was naive, but it still stinks to be stolen from. Thanks for an ounce of compassion.

It's not a lack of compassion - I said it's unfortunate. I disagreed it's Disney's fault.

Nemo14

I had my first digital camera stolen at DTD because I left it hanging off the back of my seat, went to use the restroom and when I came back it was gone. I was upset, sure, and I felt violated, but I didn't blame Disney - it was my fault entirely.

NYwdwfan

I had my first digital camera stolen at DTD because I left it hanging off the back of my seat, went to use the restroom and when I came back it was gone. I was upset, sure, and I felt violated, but I didn't blame Disney - it was my fault entirely.

Good thing it was at Downtown Disney and not in Europe:

th

Weather_Lady

It is a shame, and a good cautionary tale: although DTD is open to the public and thus far less "safe" than inside the parks, we know that stroller theft happens within the parks, too. You've always got to be on your guard. My advice would be that if you have to take a stroller with you, keep it with you in venues open-to-the-public, and don't take a stroller that is nice/new/expensive or otherwise attractive to criminals.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's a conspiracy ...

Perhaps Disney is stealing these strollers themselves to make more room for paying guests by freeing up all the walkways that these things are always blocking.

Think of all the extra room the whole resort would have if 75% of it was not a stroller parking lot.

;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The Stolen Stroller: An Urban Bourgeois Problem?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/nyregion/the-stolen-stroller-an-urban-bourgeois-problem.html?_r=0

I did start mulling the question of who really was the victim here. Clearly it was not the baby, who would be just as happy or colicky in a worn hand-me-down, but the parents, who by definition not only can afford a $400 stroller but are also so cavalier about it that they leave it outside, unattended and unlocked.

Could there be just a touch of Robin Hood here, with thieves stealing from the wealthy and middle-class purchasers of things brand new, then selling those things back to the slightly less wealthy and middle-class craigslist trawlers, turning a profit along the way?

Is the idea of a $400 stroller so outlandish that, on some level, those who have so lost sight of their own privilege as to leave one unattended almost deserve to be robbed? (But my stroller was a double! And we do a lot of walking! On bumpy sidewalks!)
...​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom