Stroller Recommendation for Bigger Kids?

ryank007

Quick question for all you WDW parents out there... We recently got Annual Passes for our family, including our 4 1/2 year old daughter (44 inches tall and weighs 55 lbs). She is inclined to ride in the stroller when we go to the parks for about 80% of the day. Problem is, though, renting those strollers is going to get expensive. She has outgrown her "baby" stroller, and there is no way we are going to be able to afford renting a WDW stroller every time we go. My question is...are there any parents out there who have bigger kids that have a recommendation for a stroller to buy? I'm thinking a jogging-type stroller might work, but I wanted to see if anyone had any success with anything smaller. Thanks in advance!

Pioneer Hall

I was going to say that a jogging stroller would probably be the best bet for you. If not, you can always go with the creative wagon idea, but I for one can see that becoming annoying quickly. Just make sure she fits in it comfortably.

Upvote 0

auroraarielella

No Wagons Allowed

I knew that I read somewhere that wagons (or anything that you pull, as opposed to push) are not allowed. It was in the Anita Answer column. So the wagon idea is out.

http://allearsnet.com/btp/aa012604.htm

I have seen some pretty large children crammed into umbrella strollers, for the price ($10 if you look around), if it breaks by the end of the trip, it is still a better deal than renting everyday.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Not much help but some!

You can get a slight discount if you purchase a multi-stroller ticket ahead of time. I think it is 10% off. Plus you get to go right up to the strollers instead of waiting to purchase.

Upvote 0

ryank007

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help! I think I'm going to go and get a jogger this weekend...$150 one time or $8 a pop for 30 or so visits clinched it for me! :)

Upvote 0

daisylove

If it is not too late let me chime in. Dont get the jogger. At least not for WDW as its main purpose. They are heavy and bulky and just too much stroller. My DD is 5 1/2. She is 52 pounds and 46 1/2 inches. We purchased for her this last summer a Maclaren volo stroller. It is umbrella like. Very light. Does not recline but for that age we did not need it. All MAclarens go up to 55 pounds in weight. I have her in it with a small 6 pack cooler and whatever backpack etc I carry so I know the weight is more than 55 and itstill pushes like it is on air. 2004 models come without a canopy that you can buy separate as part of an accessory pack (includes canopy, rain cover and seat pad) These are selling on ebay for around $25. The 2005 models come with a canopy. 2004 models go on ebay for $50-70 dollars and 2005 will run around $100-150. I cannot tell you how happy we went this route for our daughter and for our aching backs pushing her around. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I don't know if this is too late also. Instead of buying a stroller, my aunt found me two relatively new strollers on the street that people were throwing out. She lives in a rich subdivision, a nice gated one and she walks five miles a day. She has seen people throw out the nicest things. I guess they didn't care about the little people who could use a nice used stroller. So back to Disney.....I took them both and when I was finished, I donated them to the local thrift store. I know it sounds kinda cheap; but I didn't ordinarily use a stroller. Try checking out a thrift store, if you don't need a stroller but for WDW.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Just an observation.... a lot of those joggnig strollers have a royal pain of a time getting through the wheelchair gates. Seems some of them are wider than the wheelchairs, and boy people look at the CMs as if its their fault that they're bringing in a rickshaw....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom