Stroller Design FAQ

Phonedave

Anymore comments or ideas guys? This has been a great resource so far, so thanks!

Well this is a tough one, and most likely not cost effective, but.....

Some way to identify your stroller.

The trick is keeping them uniform enough so that they are easily identified as a rental, but making something unique so that you know its yours. Somtimes in a sea of stroller, the names on the back dont help.

-dave

totben

the really sad thing is (from a CM perspective) for the cost of a 2 day stroller rental (or a one day double) you can run out to the wal-mart right next to property and BUY a stroller and it about 30 times better than the rentals. And f you dont want it at the end of the week, return it or give it to someone (as if it was a rental)

Countless amounts of stroller I have walked to the lost and found at the end of a week because people buy a cheap one and just leave it. Beats paying by the day at a certain point.

scbb11Sketch

Original Poster
If anyone is at the parks the next few days, could you please look at the strollers and see if there is a company's name on them. I really need to know the manufacturer. Thanks!

Captain Hank

I'm pretty sure that there isn't any manufacturer's information on them. However, I'm pretty sure that I recall a tag in the mesh pocket on the back. It might have the info on there, though I honestly never read it. You also might try on the handle release on the back, at the base of the canopy structure.

GenerationX

A coupla suggestions for you:

1. Self-propelled. If you could make them run like my self-propelled lawn mower, that would make them much easier to push.
2. Flight. It would be even easier to push them if they floated, hovercraft style, a foot or two off the ground.
3. Weaponry. Similarly to the Batmobile or James Bond's cars, a few ingeniously hidden and powerful weapons would be very useful. Especially when running into those guests with bizarre and inane vendettas against strollers.

Seriously, different colors would help people distinguish their strollers when exiting a ride ("Look for one of the orange ones!").

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A coupla suggestions for you:

1. Self-propelled. If you could make them run like my self-propelled lawn mower, that would make them much easier to push.
2. Flight. It would be even easier to push them if they floated, hovercraft style, a foot or two off the ground.
3. Weaponry. Similarly to the Batmobile or James Bond's cars, a few ingeniously hidden and powerful weapons would be very useful. Especially when running into those guests with bizarre and inane vendettas against strollers.

Seriously, different colors would help people distinguish their strollers when exiting a ride ("Look for one of the orange ones!").

It would need to be tracked, to make it all terrain, protective skinned to fend of everything from UV rays to dodgy old men, and have a massive catapult for getting rid of soiled nappies. It should also be built like a vehicle from the wacky races so the child can put their feet through the bottom to propel it themselves, which will encourage them to be a more rounded complete individuals in later life.

scbb11Sketch

Original Poster
Hey guys. I have some more questions, this time more specific.

Are there any CMs on here that have dealt with the rental strollers at the parks, maintenance or guest services, that would be willing to answer a short questionnaire for me? If so, PM me.

Also, are there any parents on here that could answer a short questionnaire as well? If so, PM me.

Ideally I would need your names and pictures so my work is credible but this information would not be released outside of my class.

Thanks everyone for your help. This is starting to shape up.

NewfieFan

It would need to be tracked, to make it all terrain, protective skinned to fend of everything from UV rays to dodgy old men, and have a massive catapult for getting rid of soiled nappies. It should also be built like a vehicle from the wacky races so the child can put their feet through the bottom to propel it themselves, which will encourage them to be a more rounded complete individuals in later life.

:lol:

Seriously though, more shade would be a good thing! I'm sure there could be a way to mold some cup holders into the plastic as well!?!

And putting some foam on the outside to protect people is not that crazy of an idea - kind of like a bumper or somthing! Would protect store shelves (and other highly bumped areas) as well. I'm sure there's maintance b/c of scratches and dents due to strollers bumping into things!

scbb11Sketch

Original Poster
Alright, so I had 1 CM and 2 parents PM me to do the questionnaire. Still waiting for the answers, but that's okay. Thanks guys!

Are there any other CMs on here that could do it please? It would be nice to have 2 CMs and 2 parents. Any takers?

I find the current design just too large and bulky overall. I'd like a more streamlined design with a higher seat that reclines, preferably over a basket for holding all the stuff that parents carry. Of course, it must have a sun shade. Cup holder would be a plus. As for the double stroller, I always preferred front to back rather than side-by-side. The more recent design of having the back seat higher allows both kids to look around, but the slim design is much easier to get through crowds w/o running people over.

JTDisney

A little late to the party here but check out orlandostrollerrentals.com. I rented a double Baby Jogger City Mini from them and it was the best stroller we had ever used. It has the huge canopy, great recline and handles up to 100lbs of kids. That is not the best part. It is the easiest folding stroller ever designed. Check out babyjogger.com and click on the demo link and watch the video on how this folds. People would stop and comment to us about how cool the stroller was. It was amazing.

Shannon_Yensid

The strollers and ECVs are rented to WDW and maintained by Scooterbug. Currently, the strollers fold in half and stack up in a unique fashion... check out the youtube video from the cast a few years back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSww_VHhyw0
We are expecting a new fleet of strollers that will be lighter (woohoo) and will nest. We were supposed to get those about seven months ago... eventually you'll rent a big bulky one and the next day WHAM shiny new strollers!
I'm currently a strollers manager so any more questions, PM me :wave:

to all the suggestions... i love them all especially the nerf bumpers but in terms of practicality some, sadly, just wont work. You really don't want to know about all the melty chocolate and ice cream, sticky half eaten suckers, dirty diapers and left over food we find in those mesh pockets... it frightens us to think of their being more storage space :eek: i have seen so many personal strollers that have really fantastic designs, like the ones disneychic was talking about where the kid in the back sits up higher so both can see. The problem is we haven't found a way to produce, clean, store and maintain such fantastic designs without charging $50 per stroller (I know we're already nearly there, I know). The MK fleet is the largest with several thousand strollers and they all need to fit in our back room under the train station... if you can find us a solution, pitch the idea to Scooterbug and maybe we can get them :wave:

lac628

I just went to Busch Gardens, and their rentals were nice. They were made of mesh, so there were nice and cool. More comfy than the hard ones. They also folded so you can take them on the train and such. They didn't recline, but if my son fell asleep in it, he would have been pretty comfy. They did have some storage. A small mesh bash under the stroller and one under the handle. The one under the handle held 2 souvinier cups, no problem.
Here is a pic...not a great one, but you get the idea...
IMG_9542-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom