Stroller Allert

I just returned from my trip and wated to share an experience that might help out some of you planning to bring along a double wide jogging stroller.
We have brough this stroller every year for the past 4 years since it is comfotable for both my children now that they are a bit older. When we arrived we checked in to our Disney resort and then headed straight for Magic Kingdom equipped with our stroller (its a Baby Trend with the 3 wheels). At the gate we were told by a cast member that double wide jogging strollers wew no long permitted in the park due to the fact that the front wheel extends and they haver had numerous accidents with them. The cast member took us directly to stroller rentals and they gave us a complimentary double park stroller. Cast members told us that if we brought our stroller to the parks each day we would most likely get a complimentary park stroller. We thought it foolish to have to haul our stroller each day so my DH spoke to manager at strollers and we told us we could do nothing about that but suggested we speak to guest services back at our resort. We did and they were able to accomidate us. They had us charge a length of stay stroller rental to our room when we entered the park the following morning. We checked back in with them and they removed the charge from our room!!

ELopez

Wow, I am surprised to hear that. SO, it is only the side-by-side double strollers with the single wheel that extends in the front? (I only have 1 still in a stroller, but I was just curious)

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Huh, that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I guess it is kind of good, because they want to put some limits. Our stroller is shaped like a jogging stroller but has wheel attachments that pop in like regular stroller wheels, not the one wheel sticking out.

(I also have 2 out of our 3 that we like to have a stroller for. They are 3 and 5, but too small to do all the walking on their own, and the 5 year old is a wanderer!!)

Honestly, even from the standpoint of a previous guest with a stroller...too many people use the strollers for ramming people. I hate to say that because we also bring strollers but I am GLAD that they are putting some limits on them.

I'm also glad that they were so accomidating to you since you didn't know, Disney is the best!

Upvote 0

autigger

Thanks for the update.

We have a double-wide, but it is not a jogging stroller. Double-wide "Jeep" umbrella stroller (three wheels in the front and three wheels in the back).

I wonder if we will have any problems with ours?

Upvote 0

sherylemomof2

Wow We were there in May and took ours with twin sons I would not of wanted to use anything but ours. I will check before our next trip to see if still a policy because if it is we will just have to stay home or take two strollers which is very difficult and limits us more. Disney keeps making things harder and harder for parents. :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom