Strawberry Soup

JillC LI

Original Poster
Is there any place other than 1900 Park Fare at breakfast that you can get that unbelievable strawberry soup?! :wave:

gatechgal

I think that's the only place on property that you can get it. Of course you can make it in your own home with

Recipe
Strawberry Soup
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 lb., 8 oz. strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice)
16 oz. heavy cream
2 oz. sour cream
3 oz. plain yogurt
8 oz. fresh strawberries
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Mix first four ingredients.
2. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency.
3. Chill; shake well before serving.
4. Add fresh strawberries as garnish.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My kids love this and have asked if we can make it on Thanksgiving this year. FYI, it makes a bunch.

[/FONT]

JillC LI

Original Poster
I think that's the only place on property that you can get it. Of course you can make it in your own home with

Recipe
Strawberry Soup

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My kids love this and have asked if we can make it on Thanksgiving this year. FYI, it makes a bunch.[/FONT]​

Thank you, and yes I've tried this, but alas it did not taste nearly as good. Perhaps it was the lack of the presence of the Mad Hatter??? :lol:

This is the only reason I want to go to 1900 Park fare believe it or not. I'm really hoping that the food isn't as bad as Crystal Palace for lunch time since I've been researching and getting mixed reviews about 1900. A lot of people say it's good, a lot of people don't care for it etc. So it's 50/50 so in my book that counts as a "might as well try it to try it and get it over with thing." But the soup has gotten no mixed reviews and a lot of people like it. =)

WDWmazprty

This is the only reason I want to go to 1900 Park fare believe it or not. I'm really hoping that the food isn't as bad as Crystal Palace for lunch time since I've been researching and getting mixed reviews about 1900. A lot of people say it's good, a lot of people don't care for it etc. So it's 50/50 so in my book that counts as a "might as well try it to try it and get it over with thing." But the soup has gotten no mixed reviews and a lot of people like it. =)

Wow! How bad was it at Crystal Palace when you went? Everytime we've gone the food is fine.

1900 Park Fare is decent. We were there for dinner and we enjoyed it. The Strawberry soup is great, but you have to eat it right away as it'll get warmer and warmer.

wdwmomof3

Recipe
Strawberry Soup
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 lb., 8 oz. strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16 oz. heavy cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 oz. sour cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 oz. plain yogurt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 oz. fresh strawberries[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Mix first four ingredients.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Chill; shake well before serving.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Add fresh strawberries as garnish.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My kids love this and have asked if we can make it on Thanksgiving this year. FYI, it makes a bunch.[/FONT]​

I need to try this!!:slurp:

Wow! How bad was it at Crystal Palace when you went? Everytime we've gone the food is fine.

1900 Park Fare is decent. We were there for dinner and we enjoyed it. The Strawberry soup is great, but you have to eat it right away as it'll get warmer and warmer.

Well, we went in June for lunch and don't get me wrong, the place is beautiful but the food just wasn't all impressive for me. And I'm not a picky eater at all so that told us something lol.

The food was bland, had no flavors. We wanted the tres leches cake but a chef told me they no longer carry it. The ham was extremely salty. The beef was dry and it wasn't just me, a lot of parents around us were not eating much off their plates. Even my bf didn't care for it but since we we're using our cm holiday discount, it was worth a try. We'd never pay full price for that place again. The only dessert I liked was the raspberry cheesecake that they had there. The other ones were too thick/rich and too sweet. I have a feeling 1900 park fare is going to be exactly the same, but I guess every restaurant is worth a try because you never know and I really want to try out this soup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom