News Strange rule for Club Cool farewell

SirWillow

We have a photopass photo of our family holding 7 cups, with 5 having visible branding.

As long as there aren't any characters in the photo with you (open drinks near characters are a huge no-no, and the photographer would get in trouble for that)

Cups are not permanent signage or advertising, so they are a grey area that can be considered ok, just like a shirt. It's also a guest holding it, it can be considered in the guest control, not Disney's. What "branding" is on them though other than Disney? And where and when was it taken? That might also play a role.

But it would be a much bigger deal if you were all gathered around a Coke sign than if you are holding little coke cups.

zweltar

I am so in love with coke or Diet Coke that, and I’m serious, could not got to Disney any more. I know, I have a problem but can’t get used to that Pepsi taste.
I have often said things similar to this to my wife... I wonder if I would enjoy WDW as much if they had Pepsi instead of Coke? I doubt it!

prberk

How so? In the early years of both DL and MK, Pepsi and Coke were both corporate sponsors and were served simultaneously in each park. Pepsi sponsored facilities and was served on the west side of the parks, while Coke sponsored facilities and was served on the east side.

holiday3_horseshoe0000cl.jpg

CountryBears-AA.jpg

Even though the sponsorship of the Country Bear Jamboree is long gone, Pepsi's influence has been forever immortalized in Henry's exclamation at the top of the show that the bears "have a lot to give," which was a reference to the "You've got a lot to give, Pepsi's got a lot to give" slogan of that era.

It was a harmonious relationship that was renegotiated when the contracts expired. There's no reason to think that Disney wouldn't consider renegotiating its current contract when it expires too, if they saw a benefit to switching to a different provider. Sponsorships and corporate partnerships come and go all the time. How would this one be any different?

I remember that. And I also remember that "it's a small world" was financed and sponsored by Pepsi at the 1964 New York World's Fair, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom