Storytime with Belle...That's it?!?

Ignohippo

I think it's actually a neat way to plus the standard meet 'n greet experience, but obviously nothing mindblowing. As things stand now, I loathe meet and greets and think they are truly the most boring wastes of time ever conceived, but this looks tolerable (at the very least).

That said, was this truly what they had in mind for Cinderella's Chateau and Sleeping Beauty's Cottage? Instead of the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride we'd have gotten two more versions of this?

Holy hell. That would have been craptacular.

Very well said. I was a big proponent of the Chateau for what it would have brought aesthetically to Fantasyland, but when you put it like that, you are absolutely correct. It would have been a phenomenal waste of space.

PolynesianPrincess

I agree completely.....I was not surprised to see this as a fancy m&g. That is what they said it was all along. I just wonder what the OP was expecting. Where have you been for the last year or so since they announced this?

I also agree with everyone else about the rides for everyone. My DD9 is very small for her age and still can't ride a few things. Next year when she is 10 I will be paying full price for her and there is a good chance she still won't be able to ride every thing in all the parks. In case you not paying attention....my DD will be coming to the parks on an ADULT ticket(that means the same price as you OP) and she still might not be able to experience everything. BTW do you climb around and play in the splash area in the FLE? Because I don't see you complaining about that.

The one good thing I like about the amusement park near my house is that the bracelet prices are based on height. There are several rides in the park that have height requirements. If you're over 44" tall, you're an adult.. Under 44", you pay childs price. I like the way they do it rather than with age because, as your pointed out, some 10 year olds are small for their age.

wannab@dis

I see the malcontents have invaded another thread. Let's review how it's going...
  1. "This isn't what *I* wanted" - It was always a M&G, any expectation issue is your own doing. In fact, it's a plussed and enhanced M&G, better than expected. (Strike 1)
  2. "This is for kids - attractions are supposed to be for everyone" - This is weak and it shows the level they are digging to find fault. Neither of my kids will be able to ride Rock N Roller coaster in a couple of months, so they should take it out. Scream with me... "It's not for everyone!!" (Strike 2)
  3. "Those cardboard cutouts are cheap" - So you know for a fact they are cheap and they are cardboard? Ignore that, cause they may be both cheap and made of cardboard. So what? A frame made of wood that kids can't lift up? Or a real footstool they couldn't move? Or, the fact they've used props at previous story times without issues? (Strike 3)
Once again, they strike out on their complaints. Oh, they've IM'd their cohorts to invade the thread and trash an attraction before it opens with ludicrous claims (notice they use the same talking points and pat each other on the back?) Really, this is the level you want others to see you falling? You lose so much credibility when you bash anything and everything.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My kids are way beyond the age of enjoying anything like this, but if they were the right age I think as an adult I would be completely entertained. Wasn't all of this dropped down on the former toontown that was in fact geared toward this exact age group. This is a huge step up from any meet and greet anywhere in the park.
The mirror and the AA's look AMAZING.
As others have mentioned I'm not crazy about the cardboard cut out thing, I think the kids that are in this age group are going to be hard to wrangle....but let's see what happens, if it doesn't work it seems like they have enough going on with this to make some changes and tweaks and have it still be pretty amazing.

devoy1701

I see the malcontents have invaded another thread. Let's review how it's going...
  1. "This isn't what *I* wanted" - It was always a M&G, any expectation issue is your own doing. In fact, it's a plussed and enhanced M&G, better than expected. (Strike 1)
  2. "This is for kids - attractions are supposed to be for everyone" - This is weak and it shows the level they are digging to find fault. Neither of my kids will be able to ride Rock N Roller coaster in a couple of months, so they should take it out. Scream with me... "It's not for everyone!!" (Strike 2)
  3. "Those cardboard cutouts are cheap" - So you know for a fact they are cheap and they are cardboard? Ignore that, cause they may be both cheap and made of cardboard. So what? A frame made of wood that kids can't lift up? Or a real footstool they couldn't move? Or, the fact they've used props at previous story times without issues? (Strike 3)
Once again, they strike out on their complaints. Oh, they've IM'd their cohorts to invade the thread and trash an attraction before it opens with ludicrous claims (notice they use the same talking points and pat each other on the back?) Really, this is the level you want others to see you falling? You lose so much credibility when you bash anything and everything.

1. How is it better than expected? no one has experienced it yet, and "better than expected" is relative. (Strike one)
2. most of the comments have been that it's seems a waste to have such great AAs and other tech (mirror) at an attraction that can't be enjoyed by everyone. I agree, and think that if this was just a simple walkthrough like Sleeping Beauty Castle, it might be better received. That is all. (Strike two...just because I can ;) )
3. Cardboard cutouts (or polyethelyne boards or coroplast boards or whatever they may or maynot be made from) are cheap no matter what. (Strike three)

I just wasted 5 minutes responding to your nonsense...I should give myself a few strikes for that one.

PolynesianPrincess

1. How is it better than expected? no one has experienced it yet, and "better than expected" is relative. (Strike one)
2. most of the comments have been that it's seems a waste to have such great AAs and other tech (mirror) at an attraction that can't be enjoyed by everyone. I agree, and think that if this was just a simple walkthrough like Sleeping Beauty Castle, it might be better received. That is all. (Strike two...just because I can ;) )
3. Cardboard cutouts (or polyethelyne boards or coroplast boards or whatever they may or maynot be made from) are cheap no matter what. (Strike three)

I just wasted 5 minutes responding to your nonsense...I should give myself a few strikes for that one.

Not all attractions are going to be enjoyed by everyone. To each his own. YOU might think it'd be better as a walk through but TDO obviously doesn't agree with you. I think for the age group they are targeting it will be pretty neat for them. My little cousin would LOVE it!

devoy1701

Not all attractions are going to be enjoyed by everyone. To each his own. YOU might think it'd be better as a walk through but TDO obviously doesn't agree with you. I think for the age group they are targeting it will be pretty neat for them. My little cousin would LOVE it!
and you completely missed my point. :rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member

How many other M&G experiences are up to this level?
It far exceeds the level of integration and wow factor that the original storytime with Belle had.

How is it not exceeding expectations when it blows the original out of the water?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
When I take my daughter into M&G (Mickey is a fave so far) it feels me with joy seeing her completely immersed in the situation. It is a quick feeling but it is better than any feeling I've ever gotten on a Disney ride.. I might not be the one having all the fun, but I just became the audience to the greatest show in the world.

razza1987

What's TDO?

As for this attraction I will be 26 years old when I go and I for one can't wait to see the animatronics of the cupboard and Lumiere. Seeing the kids interacting with Belle will be amazing too. And I will be sitting there imagining how it would have felt being their age because when I was their age that movie just came out and I was obsessed with Belle lol.

This is so much better than it could have been. It could have just been a normal meet and greet where you just go up and say hello to the character. Instead they've used imagination and tried to make it as fun as it can be for all ages with the animatronics and the mirror effect and still get complaints.

Sigh the imagineers can't win. Bravo imagineers on yet another creative and imaginative attraction. I as a 26 year old will be looking forward to seeing it in person

devoy1701

How many other M&G experiences are up to this level?
It far exceeds the level of integration and wow factor that the original storytime with Belle had.

How is it not exceeding expectations when it blows the original out of the water?

The comment isn't whether or not it is better than the original Belle Meet and Greet/Story Time with Belle. He simply stated that this attraction is better than expected, which is as comical as saying this attraction is terrible when you haven't experienced it yet. It works both ways and I called him out on it. Doom and Gloomers get called on this all the time and I'm sure I've been guilty of it in the past as well (and I try very hard now to reserve opinions such as those until I've been able to experience them myself, or I put context around the opinion I am giving).

ght

The idea that every attraction should be for everyone is ridiculous though. There's no way to make very one happy all of the time. Besides, who's to say there aren't adults that won't like this as well?

I think the complaint is less about adults not enjoying it as it is the individual person won't enjoy it, so nobody should. I wonder if people were up in arms when Jedi Academy started, since that is essentially the same thing as this.

RSoxNo1

I'll say that Part 1 of this video impressed more than Part 2. However, there are some impressive things in here and I wasn't expecting much of anything from this attraction. The mirror effect and the Lumiere animatronic are worth it for me to walk through. Whether or not it becomes a staple remains to be seen. I'll reserve the full judgement until after I actually see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom