Storybook Cirus Entrance Signage?

jt04

I don't know about building more non-circusy permanent structures over there to flesh out a town... we'd end up with "Main Street Lite" at the back end of the park, and that would just be awkward.

I think this location works because circuses didn't set up right in the middle of town, just an undeveloped area near the train tracks. You couldn't set up right next to the general store because there'd be no room in the center of town. Plus, who'd want carnies hanging out in their backyard?

As it is, the area seems more outskirts/fairground which is where the circus would have been back in the day.

This is why I think creating theming along the train tracks as you approach the station could fill in the story telling gap. I appreciate the way they incorporated "Carolwood Station". It really is clever. But a well thought out way of making you feel like you have arrived at a destination the circus might actually travel to would be superior. They could even incorporate the bridge the train passes under which looks circa 1930's to me.

Actually, I see what jt04 is talking about and you're being a little extreme (especially with the Space Mountain example).

To use your examples...
It would be if Main Street was just a street with train station, hub, and a store on either side.
The Haunted Mansion wasn't tucked back "up on the hill" in Liberty Square but smack dab in the middle.
Space Mountain was just that...without Tomorrowland surrounding it.
Tower of Terror without any backstory of Hollywood.

Storybook Circus is just a circus at a train station...not set in a town. And, since there is a roundtable and garage...it's actually at a train storage yard.

Even if they put up some facades like at DHS to create the illusion of a town in the distance, it would be better.

Agreed and thank you. Since it is the MK I would rather they did nothing than something haphazard or temporary looking. But there are possibilities in the long term that could be compelling I think.

I will only mention this one time here but here is my thinking. Hopefully it does not resemble someone's pet project. :eek:

The MSUSA station represents the aethetics of the expension out of the mid-west and into the west. Somewhat like Kansas City or the front range of the rockies.

The Frontierland station is a different era but logically connects to MSUSA geographically. So you could imagine traveling the front range and into and through Arizona and New Mexico and then west Texas. Then as the train proceeds you find yourself traveling through piney woods such as those in eastern Texas. It is an easy logical jump to then find yourself arriving in New Orleans as you arrive at the new train station. This area of the MK has always been swampy so it would be easy to create a small town atmosphere on a bayou (circa 1920 or 30's) with the necessary landscaping to sell the illusion. I think this scenario works subliminaly even if guests are not told specifically they are on a somewhat defined journey.

With a liitle bit of engineering and creativity WDW could even end up with a version of N.O.'s Square or at least a similarly themed area as part of such an add.

I will let the reader decide what franchise would fit this scenario perfectly.:king:

Mostly just thinking out loud here just this once. I usually keep these ideas to myself. :lol:

acr123

Since the New Fantasyland seems to be set in a forest, I always thought the best entrance to the circus area would suggest the circus set up in a break of a heavily wooded forest area. I think that would be rather enchanting!

AgentB911

Even if they put up some facades like at DHS to create the illusion of a town in the distance, it would be better.

But as jumblue suggested, wouldn't MSUSA be the town in the distance?:shrug:

I think yinz guys are putting way too much thought into this. Stop complaining and just be happy with what it is!

I'm happy that I've had the opportunity to be in WDW just once, let alone twice (three times if you include my next trip.) Those of you that have been there over and over again, multiple times a year...well, you all just seem to b***h about the parks! Get over it!

When Toontown was still in existance, most of you complained about that. But now TDO has replaced it with something new and great, and yet you all still...well, see above. I, for one, am disappointed that Toontown is no more. To me, that's where Mickey and his pals lived. And they've been evicted.:(

...off my soapbox now...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I think yinz guys are putting way too much thought into this. Stop complaining and just be happy with what it is!

I'm happy that I've had the opportunity to be in WDW just once, let alone twice (three times if you include my next trip.) Those of you that have been there over and over again, multiple times a year...well, you all just seem to b***h about the parks! Get over it!

When Toontown was still in existance, most of you complained about that. But now TDO has replaced it with something new and great, and yet you all still...well, see above. I, for one, am disappointed that Toontown is no more. To me, that's where Mickey and his pals lived. And they've been evicted.:(

...off my soapbox now...

Not evicted...just relocated to new condo lofts on Main Street.

jt04

...off my soapbox now...

You complain about how people are complaining and then you complain about the "eviction" out of Toontown. :lookaroun

"Toontown" was not up to the MK standards from day 1. It created a bad precedence and the day it was removed was the best day for the MK in a couple decades.

I do not think anyone is hating on the new circus. We would just like to see the theming be more developed. Not in a cheap way but hopefully at some point done in a way as immersive as when you pass through Frontierland. The entire WDW Railroad circuit can always use more theming. And even if it takes a few years for it to happen it would be a great add that enhances the guest experience.

If it ever happened you would likely be one of the biggest fans.

mvieguy

You complain about how people are complaining and then you complain about the "eviction" out of Toontown. :lookaroun

"Toontown" was not up to the MK standards from day 1. It created a bad precedence and the day it was removed was the best day for the MK in a couple decades.

I do not think anyone is hating on the new circus. We would just like to see the theming be more developed. Not in a cheap way but hopefully at some point done in a way as immersive as when you pass through Frontierland. The entire WDW Railroad circuit can always use more theming. And even if it takes a few years for it to happen it would be a great add that enhances the guest experience.

If it ever happened you would likely be one of the biggest fans.

while i totally agree with what you said anout toontown not up to MK standards, I would really like you to make some bullit points. just because i really thought toontown was just god awful, i mean i only went there once, and that was because i needed it on my disney bucket list.

csm

Really?...Not a very good first post...:shrug:

How is it not a good post? I think it can get obnoxious how off topic things can sometimes get on here. If you actually click a thread looking for a piece of information, you're not looking for pages and pages of off topic chatter before finding it.

Simple fact: I came to this thread to find out if anyone knew when the entry marquee was to be installed. I still do not know that information.

unkadug

How is it not a good post? I think it can get obnoxious how off topic things can sometimes get on here. If you actually click a thread looking for a piece of information, you're not looking for pages and pages of off topic chatter before finding it.

Simple fact: I came to this thread to find out if anyone knew when the entry marquee was to be installed. I still do not know that information.

So, a first post complaining about the site doesn't send a message to you?

csm

So, a first post complaining about the site doesn't send a message to you?

The problem is a first post complaining about the site should send a message to *you* - since you seem to be endorsing going off topic as often as these many threads do. The new poster was 100% correct. And it's not *the site* that is the problem. It's a handful of people posting on it that cannot stay on topic if their lives depended upon it.

So - again - trying to steer it back - Has there been *any* confirmation on the entry? Looking at concept art, it appears to basically be a few poles with a banner, so it *could* be a quick install. I'd say hope is not lost quite yet.

LudwigVonDrake

So - again - trying to steer it back - Has there been *any* confirmation on the entry? Looking at concept art, it appears to basically be a few poles with a banner, so it *could* be a quick install. I'd say hope is not lost quite yet.

Read post #35. It's coming.

unkadug

The problem is a first post complaining about the site should send a message to *you* - since you seem to be endorsing going off topic as often as these many threads do. The new poster was 100% correct. And it's not *the site* that is the problem. It's a handful of people posting on it that cannot stay on topic if their lives depended upon it.

I see what you are doing. :rolleyes:

Donald96

I thought that the Castle Courtyard was the "village." Afterall in the uniform video they produced don't they mention people coming from the castle courtyard to the fantasyland forest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom