News Storms a brewin’ in the Atlantic

esskay

If you have never prepared ( including the panic before the storm ) and experienced living through one, especially hiding in your walking in closet and the winds feel like the house will explode, it could be a different story.

Trust me I've been through plenty, but as I said, take forum advice with a pinch of salt. You'll have one half of the forum telling you to cancel your trip and pray to the Disney gods the castle doesnt get blown away, and the other half telling you they'd be happy to sit on top of astro orbiter whilst it passes overhead.

Brian

025357_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Orlando is in the "cone of uncertainty" as of this first advisory. Extremely likely to change.

JoeCamel

If South Florida has to evacuate, good luck finding rooms with a lot of the resorts shut for Covid. (I.e. If you are along the coast in S. Florida, BOOK IT NOW, cancel later)
By the time that track bends north and it weakens from shear and dust it will be a rainstorm in the Carolinas.

Lilofan

By the time that track bends north and it weakens from shear and dust it will be a rainstorm in the Carolinas.
There is a town in NC near the NC/SC border off of I-95 named Lumberton, NC. It's a popular stopping point for guests going to FL. The drainage system of the town is from the 1950s. When they have big rains the town collapses and I-95 Northbound and Southbound are flooded and is closed to traffic.

JoeCamel

There is a town in NC near the NC/SC border off of I-95 named Lumberton, NC. It's a popular stopping point for guests going to FL. The drainage system of the town is from the 1950s. When they have big rains the town collapses and I-95 Northbound and Southbound are flooded and is closed to traffic.
Sounds like a place to stay away from when it rains. Must be an adobe problem.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hope you're right. Consensus of the spaghetti models is saying Key West and people close to sea level in Mobile and Pensacola should be packing bug-out bags. Given the shifts to the east we've seen in past years, the west coast of Florida all the way up to Apalachicola should be watching closely and be ready to act if it occurs.
1597974572849.png

Last edited:

FigmentForever96

I hope you're right. Consensus of the spaghetti models is saying Key West and people close to sea level in Mobile and Pensacola should be packing bug-out bags. Given the shifts to the east we've seen in past years, the west coast of Florida all the way up to Apalachicola should be watching closely and be ready to act if it occurs.
View attachment 492152
Panama City continues to recover after Michael. This area can’t take another bad storm.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And now the land comes into play. I would be amazed if it really blows up once it hits the gulf. The cat 1 guess is overkill imo but I do wear a scar from Gabrielle that came in as a TS and was upgraded to a hurricane some days later. Even the small ones have some risk.
With the Gulf as warm as it is (86 - 88 degrees F) I expect rapid strengthening once the storm comes off of Cuba... assuming it has any rotation left. And the latest spaghetti models are showing an even more westerly bent...
1598060230030.png

JoeCamel

With the Gulf as warm as it is (86 - 88 degrees F) I expect rapid strengthening once the storm comes off of Cuba... assuming it has any rotation left. And the latest spaghetti models are showing an even more westerly bent...
View attachment 492342
Yeah, I think we get an umbrella out for this one in FL and look to Africa for the next one to watch. Sorry for the folks in the panhandle, ALA, MS and LA that have to deal with these over and over

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
Yeah, I think we get an umbrella out for this one in FL and look to Africa for the next one to watch. Sorry for the folks in the panhandle, ALA, MS and LA that have to deal with these over and over
Yeah we’re supposed to be there a week from now. The ones coming up through the Gulf aren’t the ones that worry me; it’s the one developing off the coast of Africa that’s giving me pause.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom