Storm Riders Replacing SSE??

shamrockinjimmy

Original Poster
Hey i did a forum search on this and nothing came up so i thought id post this little clip that i found

What's coming next to Epcot?

Rumored new attractions include StormRider, a clone from Tokyo DisneySea, as a replacement from Spaceship Earth in the park's signature Geosphere. No word yet on when Disney will remove the atrocious Mickey hand that lords over the sphere, though.

i thought that this rumor was dead and that there was just going to be a refurb of SSE

heres the link http://www.themeparkinsider.com/parks/epcot.cfm

General Grizz

DisneyRoxMySox said:
What is storm riders? Does it have anything to do with progress? or the future?
Storm Rider is the next generation of simulators. Well... not quite to the intensity of Mission Space. At Tokyo DisneySea, the attraction takes guests through a storm from what is apparently a weather center.

It would probably be the same technology, different theme. Replace BODY WARS with it... not Spaceship Earth.

Steve-B

Might be O.K.

Updating SSE with a new attraction inside may be exactly what it needs, as long as the sphere itself is unchanged. The current ride is O.K. imho, but nothing special.

I was very disappointed when the original ride was changed, as the original (with Walter Cronkite narrating) was one of my favorites.

Personally, I wouldn't be very upset to see the Mickey hand go away, either.

Captain Chaos

I thought Spaceship Earth could not be gutted due to the fact that the tracks are part of the structure and removing them would compromise the sphere?

Storm Riders would be perfect as a NEW ADDITION to Epcot..A pavilion based on weather... And leave WoL for something new...

Shaman

Storm Rider would fit much nicer between The Land and TLS...Although all these simulation rides are getting a bit OLD...

This rumor doesn't make sense though...

Tim G

shamrockinjimmy said:
Hey i did a forum search on this and nothing came up so i thought id post this little clip that i found

What's coming next to Epcot?

Rumored new attractions include StormRider, a clone from Tokyo DisneySea, as a replacement from Spaceship Earth in the park's signature Geosphere. No word yet on when Disney will remove the atrocious Mickey hand that lords over the sphere, though.

i thought that this rumor was dead and that there was just going to be a refurb of SSE

heres the link http://www.themeparkinsider.com/parks/epcot.cfm

Space Ship Earth WILL NOT be replaced by Storm Rider from Japan, believe me...

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Huge Dreamer said:
I don't think StormRider would be a good fit for SSE. I could see them putting it in were WoL is with a refurb of that area.

tolking about WOL why is it closed. When I was there this week it was closed and one of the cast members said they don't know when it was gonna reopen.

Personally i think there should be a rollercoaster that replaces SSE- it would be odd but look at it this way- epcot doesnt have a rollercoaster yet Magic Kingdom has many MGM has RnRC Animal Kingdom is getting EE and Epcot has nothing- i'm not saying that every park should have a rollercoaster but it is supposed to be the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tommarrow where the EPCOT comes from. so why not try to find a type of roller coaster that will be the next of it's kind.- My brother thinks that if there be a roller coaster there should be two loops on top of the ball for Mickey Ears. I dont think that would happen, but hey the front side you see the real "Ball" but the back side has parts of a roller coaster sticking out of it- yes it would cost a lot but hey it is the rides of tomarrow. . .

MickeyMan101

Huge Dreamer

MINECAR said:
tolking about WOL why is it closed. When I was there this week it was closed and one of the cast members said they don't now when it was gonna reopen.

WoL has been closed since Jan. 5, 2005 and now only opens seasonally.

Captain Hank

MickeyMan101 said:
Personally i think there should be a rollercoaster that replaces SSE- it would be odd but look at it this way- epcot doesnt have a rollercoaster yet Magic Kingdom has many MGM has RnRC Animal Kingdom is getting EE and Epcot has nothing- i'm not saying that every park should have a rollercoaster but it is supposed to be the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tommarrow where the EPCOT comes from. so why not try to find a type of roller coaster that will be the next of it's kind.- My brother thinks that if there be a roller coaster there should be two loops on top of the ball for Mickey Ears. I dont think that would happen, but hey the front side you see the real "Ball" but the back side has parts of a roller coaster sticking out of it- yes it would cost a lot but hey it is the rides of tomarrow. . .

MickeyMan101
The structure of the geosphere wouldn't allow for this. Also, I really don't think that this would be in the spirit of Epcot. Epcot isn't only about the future--it's about discovery and enlightenment in harmony with entertainment.

JEDIsney

I agree with most of the people on this thread, who are saying that this is a horrible idea. I can't really add more to that, because everyone has already said and stated the exact same feelings I have. I just think it's a ridiculous rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom