Storm Attraction at EPCOT- is this worth it?

DBV

Original Poster
Very few reviews on this, though it looks like it could take 45 minutes or more to do this attraction. So it must be a minor attraction.

I went back a while in themessage boards, but didn't see anything.

Is it worth it for kids 7 and 9? Has anyone done it?

Lucky

It's a decent enough attraction. Kids 7 and 9 will like it. It shouldn't take 45 minutes. Maybe 20 minutes once you're in there, and anywhere between 0 and 20 minutes in line, depending on whether you arrive just before or just after it starts.

raven

I just went to Storm Strick yesterday for the first time. In the morning the wait was 40 minutes but we came back later that afternoon and did it. I'm not going to lie, I was expecting more. While the 3D was cool to view the technology was about as current as HISTA. I understand the need for Florida residents to view this attraction (hurricanes) but it's something that could have been done on a smaller scale. The attraction os only 15 monutes long.

My opinion: Big hype, poor payoff.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would say don't bother, unless you have seen everything else in Epcot, or have a specific interest in construction techniques for storms.

brkgnews

I would say don't bother, unless you have seen everything else in Epcot, or have a specific interest in construction techniques for storms.
If you're a weather junkie (I am), it's a neat little exhibit... plus you get some custom Cantore in there. :lol: I personally was kinda disappointed in the level of effects. I was expecting the wind to really, for want of a better term, blow me around a bit more. The tree crashes end up being weaker than the blast of air at the end of Imagination. Meh.

Computer Magic

I actually enjoyed it :shrug: But we are weather junkies. If you are waiting out your fastpass for TT or other, stop by. It also gives tips on how your home should be built for storms. There are storms outside FL :rolleyes:

DisneyparkFreak

Re:

Wasn't there a rumor a while ago that Disney was toying around with an idea of making a weather pavillion where its main attraction was a simulator or something about being in a tornado or something? Or am i just dreaming?

Hurricane

I'm not quite sure I understand who this attraction is aimed at. Florida residents (or those in Hurricane country) know pretty much everything covered in the attraction (except that question about the tree -- that one was surprising) . Out of towners / International tourists probably couldn't care less about stuff they don't have to do to their homes because they aren't in danger of being hit by a hurricane. I just don't get it. Who is this aimed at?

brkgnews

Wasn't there a rumor a while ago that Disney was toying around with an idea of making a weather pavillion where its main attraction was a simulator or something about being in a tornado or something? Or am i just dreaming?
It's a persistent rumor, but I don't think I've ever heard if there's been any real talk of it within WDI, or if it's just a "wishful thinking" rumor. I'd be all about it, myself. :king:

brkgnews

I'm not quite sure I understand who this attraction is aimed at. Florida residents (or those in Hurricane country) know pretty much everything covered in the attraction (except that question about the tree -- that one was surprising) . Out of towners / International tourists probably couldn't care less about stuff they don't have to do to their homes because they aren't in danger of being hit by a hurricane. I just don't get it. Who is this aimed at?
It actually focuses on all kinds of severe weather. As a matter of fact, the simulator is shows a tornado striking, not a hurricane.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's a persistent rumor, but I don't think I've ever heard if there's been any real talk of it within WDI, or if it's just a "wishful thinking" rumor. I'd be all about it, myself. :king:

Oh there certainly has been. I might even go as far to say as plans were even drawn up and a sponsor actively courted.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yep that's my thoughts on it.

The messages are generally fairly obvious for Florida homeowners. Not really relevent to people outside of Hurricaine zones. Not thrilling for guests who have no interest in the subject matter, and not serious enough for weather fans. It just doesnt really seem to fit any specific audience. We have to remember though, its just an Innoventions show, not a standalone attraction, so we shouldnt be judging it that closely.

kcnole

Personally there's not one thing inside innoventions that is anywhere near worth doing. There's plenty of worthwhile things in Epcot to keep you busy. I just avoid that building unless I'm looking for AC.

wchoodjr190

Come get a piece of Florida in Florida

The messages are generally fairly obvious for Florida homeowners. Not really relevent to people outside of Hurricaine zones. Not thrilling for guests who have no interest in the subject matter, and not serious enough for weather fans. It just doesnt really seem to fit any specific audience. We have to remember though, its just an Innoventions show, not a standalone attraction, so we shouldnt be judging it that closely.

Im a florida resident and I have to say that its finally good to see something in disney world geared towards it residents. I love soaring but do i really need to fly over the hills of Cali. Ive never been on stormstruck but in the event to support for more florida themed rides at disney world then ill out up with a medocre attaraction until we get the Cali style love affair with Disney World attractions :D

Computer Magic

Oh you people outside the US :rolleyes::p There are hurricaine winds outside FL. Just look at the midwest, namely Chicago area. We get hit by some hurricaine winds. Now I'm not down playing what happens around the coast line, but stating there are facts that help people outside FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom