Store Closing - Germany

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
I was just informed by a CM that Disney is going to stop selling Hummels completely in the Germany pavillion. Looks like a lot of inventory is gone already. I'm pretty disappointed in this - my husband and I only started collecting Disney hummels - one for each Disney trip. Anyone know anything further on why / when / what is going in? Looks like, so far, the same merchandise as accross the pavilion is replacing the old Hummels. :(

TravisMT81

It is being replaces...

Caramel Kitchen to open late September . . . the official name is Karamelle-Küche, German for “caramel kitchen,” and the new shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot is themed like an Old World German caramel shop.

A show kitchen will feature cast members making fresh caramel popcorn, caramel apples, caramel-covered strawberries and marshmallows. Werther’s Original candy will be on the shelves, and the shop also will include gourmet caramels, cookies, brownies, fudge and cupcakes.

It’s the only free-standing retail location in the world for Storck, makers of Werther’s Original Caramels, and you’ll find some goodies on the shelves that you can’t find anywhere else. The shop replaces the Glas und Porzellan shop.

Source Disney Parks Blog

tirian

It is being replaces...

Caramel Kitchen to open late September . . . the official name is Karamelle-Küche, German for “caramel kitchen,” and the new shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot is themed like an Old World German caramel shop.

Which never existed in the real world, because caramel is an American creation. :ROFLOL:

Food history aside, I'm still looking forward to the place! :slurp:

Duckberg

SAME Merchandise!

I was just informed by a CM that Disney is going to stop selling Hummels completely in the Germany pavillion. Looks like a lot of inventory is gone already. I'm pretty disappointed in this - my husband and I only started collecting Disney hummels - one for each Disney trip. Anyone know anything further on why / when / what is going in? Looks like, so far, the same merchandise as accross the pavilion is replacing the old Hummels. :(

WDW continues to generalize :brick: the merchandise thru out the parks. Maybe the Hummels were NOT :eek: selling, but just another step from the good old days where distinctive merchandise could be found in different parts of the parks. Duckberg :(

krisrunsdisney

I live in Germany and haven't seen a single freestanding (or otherwise) caramel shop/kitchen. Not even in a bakery around here. And the chocolate guy only brings chocolate, never caramel or anything else.

bhg469

I live in Germany and haven't seen a single freestanding (or otherwise) caramel shop/kitchen. Not even in a bakery around here. And the chocolate guy only brings chocolate, never caramel or anything else.

Chocolate Guy? Like the pizza delivery guy only chocolate? Is there a "king crab legs guy" in Alaska? I need to get on that asap.

sublimesting

Which never existed in the real world, because caramel is an American creation. :ROFLOL:

Food history aside, I'm still looking forward to the place! :slurp:

I know, I don't understand this at all. They should have a caramel kitchen in America pavilion. I said in another post that a sausage kitchen/butcher would be great in Germany. It would be tasty and the kids would learn something from it.

Master Gracey 5

Actually they should have a Deep Fried Food Kitchen in The American Adventure.

Wait. They do already. The Funnel Cake place. :lol:

In New England, we eat Fried Dough (same idea, different execution). I'd get behind any movement to add that to the American Adventure. :D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No it was just popularized by him. I'm kind of alarmed I know so much about caramel (currently eating butterscotch).

Soft caramel candies were actually an American "invention" (though not by Hershey). But the roots of caramel as a food product trace back much further....

Tasadek

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

We use the word Caramel as a French word, meaning "Burnt Sugar" they have been making it since the early 1700's, and it is thought to go back even further.

Phonedave

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

We use the word Caramel as a French word, meaning "Burnt Sugar" they have been making it since the early 1700's, and it is thought to go back even further.

But the Caramel Cod is an American invention, harkening back to colonial times.

-dave

mwedon09

WDW continues to generalize :brick: the merchandise thru out the parks. Maybe the Hummels were NOT :eek: selling, but just another step from the good old days where distinctive merchandise could be found in different parts of the parks. Duckberg :(

Sadly merchandise has been changed throughout Epcot. Each country used to have unique clothing and different things but now soccer jerseys are in every single store. I don't really think people want to buy all of that but oh well.

EmperorMilenko

Sadly merchandise has been changed throughout Epcot. Each country used to have unique clothing and different things but now soccer jerseys are in every single store. I don't really think people want to buy all of that but oh well.

Well, many people who visit disney from other countries are bound to go to their own countries. soccer is the most widely acknowledged sport in the world. its a big thing to alot of international visitors. it must sell good. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom