Trip Report STOP RUINING MY HAPPY PLACE! Feb 2020 TR!

I'M BACK!

83929778_10216191568602005_7863406930755059712_o.jpg

I have been a fool y'all. I have sat here and read trip reports that detailed the struggles of traveling/vacationing with family and truly thought that I would never face that issue.

giphy.gif

Did I have plenty of drama and issues with my OWN family growing up going to Disney during my childhood? OF COURSE. But it feels so different when it is your own flesh and blood. So.. this TR is going to be an interesting one. But just know.. Ian (my husband) and I looked at each other at the end and said "I can't wait to come back just us".

SO..

When: January 29 - February 4, 2020
Who: ME (Annie), my husband Ian, his twin brother Nate, SIL Kristy, nephew Jaxon, Kristy's parents Dicky and Julie and Kristy's niece Aubrie

83903526_10216204656729200_8263814529759051776_o.jpg

Why: This trip was all about Jaxon's first trip to WDW. It was Nate's first trip as well! The rest of us had all been at least once.
Where: If you read my PTR, you know that we were upgraded from AS Sports to AKL! It was a fun surprise and one that everyone was very excited about.

Are you all ready to stick with me even if every day wasn't sunshine and rainbows and magic?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Oh I'm excited about this one!! Gotta love family dynamics. Also, I'm scared for year 3...like terrified. My one year old has already started throwing tantrums, so maybe we'll get past it by 3 :hilarious:

ELeigh

I love the dole whip dress! Reading about your nephews meltdowns has me nervous for our upcoming trip with my nephew. He has been known to throw tantrums anytime it’s meal time but he will be turning 4 shortly after the trip so fingers crossed it will be better by then. I can’t say anything to my sister without offending her so it should make for a good time...

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Oh I'm excited about this one!! Gotta love family dynamics. Also, I'm scared for year 3...like terrified. My one year old has already started throwing tantrums, so maybe we'll get past it by 3 :hilarious:

Three isn't bad. Two sucked because of the whining. Like... A woke up on her second birthday incapable of being able to talk without whining :hilarious: :hilarious: All in all though I think every age has it's challenges, but watching them grow is so very worth it. Three is such an amazing age. They start having conversations with you and asking amazing questions and they can tackle bigger adventures. They're growing into some pretty big emotions, so there will always be some off days, but I wouldn't have traded three for the world.

k8einwdw

I have been a fool y'all. I have sat here and read trip reports that detailed the struggles of traveling/vacationing with family and truly thought that I would never face that issue.

giphy.gif

Did I have plenty of drama and issues with my OWN family growing up going to Disney during my childhood? OF COURSE. But it feels so different when it is your own flesh and blood. So.. this TR is going to be an interesting one. But just know.. Ian (my husband) and I looked at each other at the end and said "I can't wait to come back just us".
Woof...been there, done that. J and I took 6 of my family members in 2018, and have both said NEVER. AGAIN.

annienevells

Original Poster
Nice view from your room. Someday I'll stay at AKL hopefully with a view like that. Also your Gus is a cutie pie!
Thank you!! He is the best :)
Excellent point! DH and I are terrible about this but we’ve done slightly better our last few trips.
My only problem seems to be getting my husband to take the pictures of ME. He doesn't mind being the subject though 😂
Absolutely! Even if I might not be super pleased with how I look etc. I definitely want to look back later and be able to bring up those wonderful memories! And on trip reports I love seeing peoples expressions. Joy, annoyance, awe etc.!
EXACTLY!!
yay I'm in!

Sorry to hear about the drama, but I'll admit I'm half looking forward to reading about it!
Strap in! LOL
Following along!! Also, that Dole Whip dress is too cute!! Where did you find that?!
An online shop called Ambrie, and thank you! It is super comfy!
I love the dole whip dress! Reading about your nephews meltdowns has me nervous for our upcoming trip with my nephew. He has been known to throw tantrums anytime it’s meal time but he will be turning 4 shortly after the trip so fingers crossed it will be better by then. I can’t say anything to my sister without offending her so it should make for a good time...
Thank you!! And I totally feel you. I think it's so different if you are the PARENT of the wild 3/4 year old, but it's so different being the aunt/uncle/cousin etc. There is not much you can do without offending or overstepping, so it makes it difficult. Fingers crossed that your trip goes well! <3

annienevells

Original Poster
Wednesday, January 28th continued...

So? Did we make it to Whispering Canyon?

Well.. we approached the line for the boat and we were met with at least 100 people waiting in line for WL. Uh oh.. I was on hold with reservations at the time with an approximate hold time of 45 minutes. I had been hoping to explain the situation and argue my case to push the reservation time back a bit. But the parents and grandparents in the group were looking at me with frustration and exasperation and I gave up. I suggested taking a nice monorail ride and getting QS at the Poly at Captain Cook's. The angry group followed me to the monorail begrudgingly.

I stayed on hold with reservations so that I could explain the situation. At this point I was staying away from everyone, even Ian, because I was on the verge of tears.

41.jpg

Oh thank you WALT IN HEAVEN I had never been so happy to see a monorail. I sat down with an older couple and the woman immediately complimented my Dole Whip dress which started a nice conversation. We had a great chat on the monorail (still on hold with reservations) and it cheered me up a little. They were Disney lovers like Ian and I!

While on the monorail, first apologizing to my seatmates, I finally got through to reservations and explained the situation and they cancelled without charge.

We made it to the Poly and I led the group to Captain Cook's. It was at this time that Ian told everyone else to get their food, and that him and I were going outside to grab a special drink and we would be back soon.

I followed him out and we stopped by the dock for a moment.... and I let it all go. Big blubbering tears at Disney. YIKES. Through my tears I told him: "THEY NEED TO STOP RUINING MY HAPPY PLACE!!" Ian is the best, and totally understood. He told me he was sad when we ran by Magic Kingdom, because he had really wanted a moment with me to soak it all in. We decided that we needed to adjust our expectations, and find little times to ourselves to enjoy our vacation.

Which led us to this:

43.jpg

lime Dole Whip margarita!! OMG this was SO GOOD. I love everything involved here: dole whip, lime, and margaritas!! The spicy salt rim was fantastic as well. This cheered me up right away. We made our way back inside to order our own dinners

42.jpg

The rest of the group had their food and a full table, so we made our way outside (in the rain) to eat under an umbrella.

I got the pulled pork nachos YUM

45.jpg

And Ian got a burger that he was happy with

44.jpg

We sat and ate and tried to unwind a little. It was seriously down pouring, and I was thinking about how frustrating it was going to be to get this group back to AKL. So, I made an executive decision. We met everyone back inside and I said "HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE I am getting you all a Minnie Van"

They were all pretty excited and Nate in particular looked relieved. I went to request a Minnie Van and could find NONE, so ended up finding an Uber XL with a car seat.

46.jpg

We got the gang loaded up and off they went. Ian looked at me and said "you haven't ordered ours yet have you?" I hadn't, and he had a better plan.

We headed back into the Poly and up to the monorail. He decided we needed our moment at MK after all. We arrived to fireworks going off, and enjoyed a quiet minute together.

47.jpg

We walked to the bus smiling and feeling a bit better than we had an hour ago. Our bus arrived fairly quickly, and soon we were back at AKL.

48.jpg

49.jpg

These shirts did not make it home with us unfortunately!

50.jpg

We sat outside for a few watching animals before we hit the hay. We had an EARLY morning planned for tomorrow. Would we make it on ROR!?! Stay tuned.

To be continued..

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Wednesday, January 28th continued...

So? Did we make it to Whispering Canyon?

Well.. we approached the line for the boat and we were met with at least 100 people waiting in line for WL. Uh oh.. I was on hold with reservations at the time with an approximate hold time of 45 minutes. I had been hoping to explain the situation and argue my case to push the reservation time back a bit. But the parents and grandparents in the group were looking at me with frustration and exasperation and I gave up. I suggested taking a nice monorail ride and getting QS at the Poly at Captain Cook's. The angry group followed me to the monorail begrudgingly.

I stayed on hold with reservations so that I could explain the situation. At this point I was staying away from everyone, even Ian, because I was on the verge of tears.

View attachment 449903

Oh thank you WALT IN HEAVEN I had never been so happy to see a monorail. I sat down with an older couple and the woman immediately complimented my Dole Whip dress which started a nice conversation. We had a great chat on the monorail (still on hold with reservations) and it cheered me up a little. They were Disney lovers like Ian and I!

While on the monorail, first apologizing to my seatmates, I finally got through to reservations and explained the situation and they cancelled without charge.

We made it to the Poly and I led the group to Captain Cook's. It was at this time that Ian told everyone else to get their food, and that him and I were going outside to grab a special drink and we would be back soon.

I followed him out and we stopped by the dock for a moment.... and I let it all go. Big blubbering tears at Disney. YIKES. Through my tears I told him: "THEY NEED TO STOP RUINING MY HAPPY PLACE!!" Ian is the best, and totally understood. He told me he was sad when we ran by Magic Kingdom, because he had really wanted a moment with me to soak it all in. We decided that we needed to adjust our expectations, and find little times to ourselves to enjoy our vacation.

Which led us to this:

View attachment 449904

lime Dole Whip margarita!! OMG this was SO GOOD. I love everything involved here: dole whip, lime, and margaritas!! The spicy salt rim was fantastic as well. This cheered me up right away. We made our way back inside to order our own dinners

View attachment 449905

The rest of the group had their food and a full table, so we made our way outside (in the rain) to eat under an umbrella.

I got the pulled pork nachos YUM

View attachment 449906

And Ian got a burger that he was happy with

View attachment 449907

We sat and ate and tried to unwind a little. It was seriously down pouring, and I was thinking about how frustrating it was going to be to get this group back to AKL. So, I made an executive decision. We met everyone back inside and I said "HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE I am getting you all a Minnie Van"

They were all pretty excited and Nate in particular looked relieved. I went to request a Minnie Van and could find NONE, so ended up finding an Uber XL with a car seat.

View attachment 449909

We got the gang loaded up and off they went. Ian looked at me and said "you haven't ordered ours yet have you?" I hadn't, and he had a better plan.

We headed back into the Poly and up to the monorail. He decided we needed our moment at MK after all. We arrived to fireworks going off, and enjoyed a quiet minute together.

View attachment 449911

We walked to the bus smiling and feeling a bit better than we had an hour ago. Our bus arrived fairly quickly, and soon we were back at AKL.

View attachment 449912

View attachment 449913

These shirts did not make it home with us unfortunately!

View attachment 449915

We sat outside for a few watching animals before we hit the hay. We had an EARLY morning planned for tomorrow. Would we make it on ROR!?! Stay tuned.

To be continued..

That's love. A partner that helps bring you back from stresstown instead of adding to it. You got yourself a keeper :inlove:

annienevells

Original Poster
REAL LIFE UPDATE

I am sharing because you all have seen the seasons of my life change on here..

I was accepted today into my SECOND Master's degree program! I love my new job and the work I'm doing so much, that I decided to apply for a Master's in Education program specializing in Adult Education (my first Master's is in Communications as I have a Marketing background)

86730817_10216321487569898_8706507340217581568_o.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-18 145909.png

On top of this, I will be in Orlando for a work conference in late April. TIME TO CELEBRATE! :)

MegRuss626

REAL LIFE UPDATE

I am sharing because you all have seen the seasons of my life change on here..

I was accepted today into my SECOND Master's degree program! I love my new job and the work I'm doing so much, that I decided to apply for a Master's in Education program specializing in Adult Education (my first Master's is in Communications as I have a Marketing background)

View attachment 449936

View attachment 449938

On top of this, I will be in Orlando for a work conference in late April. TIME TO CELEBRATE! :)
Congrats! We’ll be there towards the end of April too!

annienevells

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom