Stoller advice...

ErickainPA

This is geat info since we are in need of a double soon. I like the side by side and my hubby the front to back. I saw at the mall a stroller that had a front to back but the kids faced each other and it looked like a joggine but I could be wrong there. It just looked so functional but huge. Anyone know what this could be?

That is a pricey stroller, we looked at them, you can do them so they are facing each other, face you or sitting so they look out and more. It's called a Contour stroller : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3572947

I can tell you it's big, we looked at it when we had our twins. You have to take the front seat off in order to fold it up.

erinshaneb

:brick:We just bought a new stroller tonight..We had the Graco duo-glider stroller for my 8 month old in the back and my 4 year old in the front..it was a GREAT stroller, but so hard for me to push..it was front heavy (obvisously bcuz that's where the bigger kid sits) and if my daughter wanted to talk to me I had to stop and walk up front to hear and very hard to turn around corners or manuver....that being said I have used it by myself many times at the zoo and such and it did do the job..tonite at Babies R Us my husband found a side by side jogging stroller by Baby Trend..we loaded both kids up into it and ran around the store..I couldn't believe how much easier it was for me to push..and my daughter could lay down for a nap where as in the tandem she couldn't..I know it doesn't fold up quite as much as our tandem, but we are gonna buy some tiny bungee cords to tie it tighter for the buses..the storage is alot more and the kids have a lot more room in this one..I think it's gonna make the trip alot better..also since the seats lay almost completely down we may able to forgo a trip back to the hotel every day for a nap and just let them nap in the stroller..so now I am trying to sell our practically brand new stroller to pay for the brand new one he HAD to have..lol..:hammer:

erinshaneb

About 3 years ago my DH and I were entering MK mid day (on day 1 of our trip) with the stroller and the CM at the security told us that this joggin stroller was not allowed in the parks (it was the expedition/baby trend). When DH asked what we should do CM told us that they would hold it for us for the day and we should rent. When we got to stroller rental they did just that and gave us a complimentary rental for the day. They explained that the large front tire is what made our specific stroller dangerous (we had brought this model in the past). Enjoy

Does anyone know the answer to this one, since it seems she has the same one i JUST bought??

erinshaneb

Spoke with two different CMs at WDW (407wdisney) and they both confirmed at any stroller is allowed..they have never heard of one not being allowed in the park..just thought i would share

RedBaron

Since one of your kids is already 5, do you really want to spend the money on buying a double stroller at this point? If you have made it just fine at home without it all of this time, I would just plan to rent one or possibly borrow one from a friend if I were you. Just a thought.

mommamouse411

o gosh..strollers are my nemesis! I have a double stroller (Baby trend)..it turns into a sit and stand...well I took it to disney..and i was very upset bcaue I couldn't turn it well and people were practically climbin over my kids..I had to yell at a grown man to watch for my son sittin in the front...anyways..people get really crazy over at Wdw IN THE SUmmer time...so I'm going to try it again in october if i still have issues. I'll have to try the side by side..

cemeb4dk

We are going in late Oct for 10 nights. 8 wdw days. 1 sea world. We looked at Disney rental, magic. and Orlando rentals. Magic was the cheapest by a few dollars plus it included the parent tray. Our daughter is 4 1/2 and 43 lbs and 43 ". We don't use a stroller at home anymore but we knew we needed one, so we went to local baby store and tried out the city minis and my daughter fit nicely

I can totally understand why you'd want a double. Even though my older child hasn't used once since he was 4, he still sits in his younger siblings' double stroller sometimes at Disney, even if for just a couple of minutes. I use a Twin Techno by McLaren and a BOB jogger, but my children are younger. I can't recommend one for use with an older child, but I can say that a five-year old would not fit in a Twin Techno or in a BOB stroller. They're both good side-by-side strollers, but not after about 4-years of age.

I'd probably rent one considering that the older child will likely not use it after the trip.

kerrie

I know im going to probably be chewed but I have a double wide BOB stroller It Is $$$ how ever it can turn on a dime in any of the diney stores and evan our local mall. It has shocks 5 point harness and if you happen to have another baby has an attachment for car seat. Now I know people are going to think your one of those people who take up space. I canpersonally say when i took it on the bus and the plane at airport it folds up just as well as any other stroller. the wheels also come off for better storage. just look into it you might like it.. It has shocks for a more confortable ride

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think everyone should have one of these, it takes up less space when parked than 10 separate strollers and it easier to dodge than 10 separate strollers.
largest-stroller.jpg

Even if you don't have ten kids, think of the extra space you would have for your packages.

erinshaneb

We were concerned about how much our stroller folded up.. Th latch that is on it sucks, so we are buying some straps that will tighten it down even further and make it easier to carry... I told my hubby that should make it easier onyx buses.. I don't want to bug other people, but then I started thinking that it was a place gor kids and if a stroller bothered them, it's their problem not mine... Whereas 9 years ago when I went on my honeymoon, I couldn't believe the strollers on the buses and got irritated... Lol.. How your perspective changes when u have kids

ggauthier82

I am looking into buying a Joovy Caboose double stroller (sit n stand type). I cannot find the Ultralite version up here in Canada, but would like to know if anyone has ever tried it (either regular or Ultralite).

I have one 7 yo and one 3 yo. (I plan to sell it right after the trip).

Thanks for your feedback!

momto2boy

Best stroller for WDW

This is our third stroller for WDW vacation, and this one is compact, easy to use, has cupholders and a zippered pouch + is is inexpensive $40. @ Amazon: The First Years Jet Stroller - I have searched, reviewed and tried several. My boys are 2 (almost 3) and 5.5, this stroller will accomodate up to 50 lbs. Two years ago we brought a double - BIG MISTAKE. Neither of them ever sat in it at the same time, it was heavy and large. The first trip, was a single stroller that did not fold too compact. I am very happy with this new one. I have used it a few times, as neither boy really like to sit down, it is so easy to push and it folds very compact. I would highly recommend looking into this stroller, plus - free shipping!

loveofamouse

To clarify, I didn't say tandems were only for people with infant carriers. I said it's BEST for those with infants.

For a sit and stand, I still highly recommend the Peg Perego Pliko 3/switch. They have a smaller footprint than the Joovy or Kolcraft SnS's. They are better made and more sturdy. They fully recline. Joovy and Kolcraft do not. They also have an almost complete black out sunshade and raincover zip on that's clear. The standing part is very comfy for older kids and doesn't get in the parent's way. My oldest is 7 and 50in tall and can still comfortably stand on the pliko while not interfering with the drivers. I'm only 5'4.5" and can easily push it with a child standing on the back.

For tandems where the kids can face each other, there are several out there. Kolcraft makes one. Fisher Price has a similar one. There are older Eddie Bauar's that do it. My personal fav is the Peg Perego Duette. The seats can go either way, face each other, face front, both face back or face away from each other. It was great with an infant and toddler. Seats fold completely flat so I had the back seat facing me in bassinet mode while my toddler was up front.

The downside to ALL switchable tandems is folding. None fold compact. They all require breakdown in pieces. Not idea AT ALL for busses.

I prefer strollers that are sturdy and solid, can accomadate a sleeping toddler/infant or a tired 5yr old, can be folded quickly and carried with one hand while having a baby on the hip. I also like strollers that can be steered with one hand in case I'm draggging a mouthy 7yr old to the sidelines lol.

I also like using 2 singles as opposed to a double. We've been doing this for about 3yrs now. My last double was an Aria Twin. I miss it. :)

WDWJedi

Here's a tip...DITCH THE STROLLERS and buy two back carriers....number one, you don't have to fight the crowd with them and number two...YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT CROWDS with them...it is VERY difficult to move about with strollers...just my personal experience.

erstwo

I can hardly imagine myself carrying my 7-year-old on a back carrier...

:lol::ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL:
:D

But in all seriousness - not sure the size of your 7 year old, but mine is a big kid - not obese, just the size of your average 9 year old in height and weight - so I've always rented a stroller for him. One of the ones with a 100 lb. weight limit. (as a side note, tons of people don't think you should rent a stroller for any child older than 4 or maybe 5 - I'm obviously not one of them. :))

I do agree with the above poster about considering two single strollers. Makes it much easier to move in the crowds. AND the 7 year old will be tall enough to ride on Space Mountain, Everest, etc. While the 3 year old might miss the height requirements for some of these rides. It's nice to have 2 singles so you can split up and do something with the little one while the bigger kiddo is riding. Sometimes useful for naps too - I sometimes sit with my daughter asleep in the stroller while my husband takes our son on a ride or two.

I hope you have a great trip! Mine were 7 and 5 this last trip and it was AWESOME! :wave:

WDWJedi

Hmmm...I agree that a 7 year old not be in a back pack...but would also question why in the heck they are in a stroller. My 6 year old would be MORTIFIED sitting in a stroller and was walking around WDW with us at 4...granted there was some holding and shoulder carrying....I just can't deal with strollers and the crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom