STK Orlando now offers brunch, including The Ultimate Brunch For Two

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The ultimate brunch is not really an issue with me. I can see that it is a special occasion thing and you do get plenty of food. My issue is just the single steak with no sides price. I think that they should at least offer 1 side with your meat.
I see what you mean. The thing is, almost all higher end steakhouses now break out the price of the sides. Main reason being - they are easily large enough to share amongst multiple people, so you don't have to buy as much.

drwadadli

It definitely isn't about whether or not anyone can afford it, despite what some people here want to believe.
That is true but looking at the price to the Ultimate Brunch for 2 and comparing the individual prices item-for-item if you were to get it at Morton's or Ruth's Chris makes the brunch at STK a better price. At Morton's, two 16 oz ribeyes ($46 each), crab cakes (similar to crab scrambled eggs $40 each but since not true crab cakes, make it $30 each), bottle of same champagne ($105), 2 lb lobster (Morton's charges $99 for 2 lb lobster tail) would make your bill $310 compared to $275 at STK. So, for those that it is about price, STK if worth it.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That is true but looking at the price to the Ultimate Brunch for 2 and comparing the individual prices item-for-item if you were to get it at Morton's or Ruth's Chris makes the brunch at STK a better price. At Morton's, two 16 oz ribeyes ($46 each), crab cakes (similar to crab scrambled eggs $40 each but since not true crab cakes, make it $30 each), bottle of same champagne ($105), 2 lb lobster (Morton's charges $99 for 2 lb lobster tail) would make your bill $310 compared to $275 at STK. So, for those that it is about price, STK if worth it.

The fun I'm poking at it is more along the lines of very few people would order and eat all that rather than what it costs.

Otterhead

So I can't see spending that much for a steak with no sides. Now if they at least included 1 side, a potato or a veg then that would be a bit different. But restaurants like that are just nickel and diming us.
Quite honestly, "a la carte" sides are how any high end steakhouse works -- it's a weird steakhouse tradition (along with popovers, creamed spinach, and martinis) and it's been that way for many decades. "Family" steakhouses will always include a side, as well as a salad and a potato. It's just one of those things.

drwadadli

Look at Cali grill for example.
Oak-fired Filet Of Beef
buttered purple stokes purée, citrus-glazed carrots, teriyaki barbecue
There is much more to that meal. The puree and the vegis and the sauce, all of which have many components to it. Not just a piece of steak on a plate.
Leaving off Bull and Bear because I do not know them. Every one of those restaurants except Boathouse steaks come with some kind of side. And they seem to be doing fine. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this way. If I were in the minority then I am sure the restaurant would be doing great.
Comparing CG to STK is an unfair comparison. CG is NOT as elegant or romantic as STK. CG is VERY noisy with kids and the adults trying to talk over the kids. I think if you are looking to compare a WDW steakhouse to STK, then you need to pick something other than CG that has the same atmosphere as STK.

drwadadli

The ultimate brunch is not really an issue with me. I can see that it is a special occasion thing and you do get plenty of food. My issue is just the single steak with no sides price. I think that they should at least offer 1 side with your meat.

Quite honestly, "a la carte" sides are how any high end steakhouse works -- it's a weird steakhouse tradition (along with popovers, creamed spinach, and martinis) and it's been that way for many decades. "Family" steakhouses will always include a side, as well as a salad and a potato. It's just one of those things.

I agree. I think that is the difference between high-end steakhouses and "family" steakhouses.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Or take half of it home for another meal.
Not for nothing, you don't pay 275 plus tax plus tip to eat day old Surf and Turf. If you are using leftovers as part of your equation, you are doing it wrong.

I have never gone out to eat at River Palm and thought, I'll buy this T-bone for $47 because I know I'll be eating it for days. I buy it because I want it then, hot fresh, cooked to order.

anyhoo....

This brunch seems dopey to me. A marketing gimmick with very little appeal. It's too much food, and at a ridiculous price point for a brunch. A special dinner at a similar price point, that's something to consider. 11am eating Lobster, Cow, Crab and Eggs? I'll have to pass.

jaklgreen

Comparing CG to STK is an unfair comparison. CG is NOT as elegant or romantic as STK. CG is VERY noisy with kids and the adults trying to talk over the kids. I think if you are looking to compare a WDW steakhouse to STK, then you need to pick something other than CG that has the same atmosphere as STK.

I was not the one comparing it but responding to another that did.

disney4life2008

The prices are ridiculous. We are steak lovers and would consider eating here if they charged a reasonable price. A 6oz filet, just the steak, is $36. $2 for steak sauce?! Want some vegis? Fork over another $10 for mashed potatoes. Don't forget an extra $10 for 3 tiny ice cream cones. It's crazy. Too many steak houses out there offering a more reasonably priced meal. You can eat at Teppan in Epcot and get the filet for $36 that comes with a salad, vegis, noodles, rice, and a show.

Wait? they charge extra for sauce and sides? LOL

disney4life2008

Do you ever go to Ruth's Chris or Morton's Steakhouse? They do the same thing there!!!

Morton's: 6 oz filet - $39.00
Sides - $11.00

Ruth's Chris: 8 oz filet - $39.00
Sides - $8.50 - $11.50

So, how is that any different than STK????

I have been to both and the food is amazing. And you get a significant amount of food.

jaklgreen

What makes something "high end" that they can justify just putting a steak on the plate and charging extra for everything else. Why are people buying this? I am all about the food. If you compare just steak to steak, then I have had some really great steak at our local bar and grill and good steak at a nicer place. I don't think its worth the extra price to go to a place like STK and just get the steak when there are so many other restaurants that you get the steak and sides for the same price. That's probably one of the reasons that they are not doing so well. Not a good value for what you get.

Hockey89

What makes something "high end" that they can justify just putting a steak on the plate and charging extra for everything else. Why are people buying this? I am all about the food. If you compare just steak to steak, then I have had some really great steak at our local bar and grill and good steak at a nicer place. I don't think its worth the extra price to go to a place like STK and just get the steak when there are so many other restaurants that you get the steak and sides for the same price. That's probably one of the reasons that they are not doing so well. Not a good value for what you get.
Many reasons.... Where the beef is sourced... Grass Fed vs Corn.... How long dry aged or wet... Is it A5 Wagyu.... There are plenty of reason "high end' exist... And a typical local bar and grill DOES NOT have high end products... I'm sure some do but very very few do...

Otterhead

If you compare just steak to steak, then I have had some really great steak at our local bar and grill and good steak at a nicer place.
If you're arguing that STK and other high end steakhouses aren't worth the money, then I'd suggest you take your own advice and compare "steak to steak". I've had very tasty steaks at my local bar and grill as well, but they don't really compare to a $40 aged cut of beef. Completely different category of steakhouse. I know it's a surprise that high-end steakhouses all over the world serve sides a la carte, but that's just how it is.

jaklgreen

If you're arguing that STK and other high end steakhouses aren't worth the money, then I'd suggest you take your own advice and compare "steak to steak". I've had very tasty steaks at my local bar and grill as well, but they don't really compare to a $40 aged cut of beef. Completely different category of steakhouse. I know it's a surprise that high-end steakhouses all over the world serve sides a la carte, but that's just how it is.

No, I have eaten at really good steakhouses. But where I live, they all serve their steak with at least 1 side. Like I said, I live in a steak and potato city and there are a lot of places to get a really good steak. So that to me, someplace like STK is not worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom