Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration latest construction photos

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't get it! Does anyone have the concept art of this show?

I don't get why an outdoor "dance party" attraction needs a two story square tower built in the center of Tomorrowland! :brick:

I don't like it.

The 2 story building is going to contain the large video screen with Stitch on board.

devoy1701

but....couldn't a wall have just as easily held a large video screen?! :shrug:

I just don't get why so big of a building?!

jt04

The 2 story building is going to contain the large video screen with Stitch on board.

Do you know what the second massive building is?

I sure as heck hope they know what they are doing here because if this is a flop, TL is going to be stuck with quite a mess.

devoy1701

Do you know what the second massive building is?

I sure as heck hope they know what they are doing here because if this is a flop, TL is going to be stuck with quite a mess.

exactly what I was thinking...I hope there's some major theming with this building...because right now it looks likes it's going to be a huge bulky square block of uglyness... :hurl:

jt04

exactly what I was thinking...I hope there's some major theming with this building...because right now it looks likes it's going to be a huge bulky square block of uglyness... :hurl:

If you look at the photos there are actually two square buildings that seem to face each other. My only hope is that I can't believe they would build such blocky intrusive buildings unless they had a high degree of confidence the plan is great. Otherwise this will be a disaster.

It's just plain odd looking.
:brick:

devoy1701

If you look at the photos there are actually two square buildings that seem to face each other. My only hope is that I can't believe they would build such blocky intrusive buildings unless they had a high degree of confidence the plan is great. Otherwise this will be a disaster.

It's just plain odd looking.
:brick:

I think that this was a very bad idea...I know Tomorrowland seemed to have alittle too much open space but... sigh...:dazzle:

They're really serious about this celebration stuff...

jt04

I think that this was a very bad idea...I know Tomorrowland seemed to have alittle too much open space but... sigh...:dazzle:

They're really serious about this celebration stuff...

Yep. Looking at the positive aspect of it, the back of the new buildings would offer a place WDI could add some screens or signage for the TTA. Maybe the new signage on the portholes that used to overlook the GT is a hint of what is on the way. Also, it appears they are going all out on the new meet n greet so who knows? Maybe it will work. If it means that the old skyway and SGE are leaving then it might be worth it afterall.

SirGoofy

That building is freaking HUGE! Glad they won't shell out money for things that need to be done, but instead they build a ridiculously huge building in the middle of Tland devoted to Stitch.

Even if this turns out to be okay(I don't see it), it's another example of building something that's not needed instead of putting money where it needs to be. IE: Everest, refurbs, or Studios help.

jmuboy

That building is freaking HUGE! Glad they won't shell out money for things that need to be done, but instead they build a ridiculously huge building in the middle of Tland devoted to Stitch.

Even if this turns out to be okay(I don't see it), it's another example of building something that's not needed instead of putting money where it needs to be. IE: Everest, refurbs, or Studios help.

This is another example of what a mess the MK at WDW has become. Im my opinion, TL is now officially the worst land in the worst MK park in the world. (excluding HK DL)

Thanksfully we are also getting a 3rd Stitch location in TL, a new meet and greet where the Galaxy Palace entrace used to be.

Other exciting attractions in this exciting version of TL are the many years out of service skyway building and run down mess that is Space Mt (which thankfully is about to embark on its own half hearted mess of a rehab!)

Thank you WDW for giving us so much quality for our $75 a day ticket!

I don't get it! Does anyone have the concept art of this show?

Here ya go.

stitch.jpg

TestTrack

Blah....

All I can think of now is that they want the congestion throughout tomorrowland to be similar to that between MILF and SGE.

Tom

Beta Return
Here ya go.

stitch.jpg

I'm glad you posted this. I was searching for the thread it was originally posted in.

I'll ignore the "Stitch" part of it for a minute....so aside from that, it looks like they really do plan on theming it well. Maybe not fitting for the "new tomorrowland" but better than a block building.

Also, the building portion is so large because it houses the electrical service for the show, computers and other controllers for the sound/light/video, and other support services. Also, the screen will be rear-projection, so it needs a deep space for the projector.

Word is that Stitch himself will be somewhat interactive with the crowd. Maybe not to the extent of Monsters, but perhaps like Potato Head in Toy Story.

Again, ignoring the fact that they're just whoring Stitch out, it might actually be pretty cool - and a nice crowd pleaser for Tomorrowland.

Tom

Beta Return
So do you know what the 2nd mystery building is for :veryconfu

That would be the control booth, since I believe this show will include live action performers, meaning they can't run the entire show by automated computers. They have to have people run it.

jt04

That would be the control booth, since I believe this show will include live action performers, meaning they can't run the entire show by automated computers. They have to have people run it.

Odd that the window is at ground level, because if people stand in front of them, they won't be able to see. So, maybe I'm completely wrong and it's another concession stand. :veryconfu

I was also thinking that it might be a concession stand. Probably serving blue stitch drinks and chili dogs :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom