Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

raymusiccity

If only those Imagineers could spend their budgets more wisely! Holy crap we should be getting so much more for the money they spend on things like TSL. Look what Efteling did with symbolica. That ride is the best attraction in all of Europe
Try watching an entire POV video of Symbolica. It's better than any sleep aid you can buy! I agree with many of the posts that state dark rides are great, but, they really need to be more dynamic. I think that's why there will be many converts when Mickey's Runaway Train opens.

doctornick

So, are we going to see work on a replacement for SGE anytime soon or are we doomed to have the attraction be "seasonal" indefinitely? I'd think they would want a new ride up and running by the 50th, but it doesn't seem like they are moving quickly on this.

aladdin2007

Oh, there have been quite a few seriously considered non-IP proposals, but competing proposals often come down to "what checks off the most boxes" and convenient IP tie-in is often a deciding "box" so to speak.

to me that is being lazy and cheap, convenient was a good word to sum it up. Whatever is easiest now or where they can sell attached plush is what they go for, sadly.

Daveeeeed

I think a ratio of 4 to 1 is fair for the company, and also can make sure the best of the original ideas come to life.
For instance, a Sword in The Stone dark-ride added to Fantasyland, an Indiana Jones ride added to Hollywood Studios, a non-book-report Jungle Book Ride added to AK's Asia, and EPCOT gets an Imagination redo.
Next up you have Wall-e going in Tomorrowland, a Muppets C-ticket going in Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom receives a non-ip Dinoland ride, and EPCOT receives an Inside Out Wonders of Life redo.

It would satisfy everyone, and allow the popular IPs to not be spread so thin that there is no thematic placement for them. It would also allow new classics like POTC to be born and potentially inspire films. Is there any reason why there is not a Phantom Manor/Big Thunder Mesa film yet?

DisneyFan18

I think a ratio of 4 to 1 is fair for the company, and also can make sure the best of the original ideas come to life.
For instance, a Sword in The Stone dark-ride added to Fantasyland, an Indiana Jones ride added to Hollywood Studios, a non-book-report Jungle Book Ride added to AK's Asia, and EPCOT gets an Imagination redo.
Next up you have Wall-e going in Tomorrowland, a Muppets C-ticket going in Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom receives a non-ip Dinoland ride, and EPCOT receives an Inside Out Wonders of Life redo.

It would satisfy everyone, and allow the popular IPs to not be spread so thin that there is no thematic placement for them. It would also allow new classics like POTC to be born and potentially inspire films. Is there any reason why there is not a Phantom Manor/Big Thunder Mesa film yet?

This would be pretty cool. For me the ideal changes would be: in MK they can put Wall•E in place of MILF, and Wreck it Ralph as rumored in SGE. Expand Fantasyland with the Sword in the Stone Dark Ride you mentioned, and replace Enchanted Tales with a BATB dark Ride. Then update Tiki Room with Moana as said by Martin. In DHS build the Door Coaster, an Indy Ride in place of of Indy Stunt Show, a Muppets ride and use Big Hero 6 as the new IP for Star Tours. In AK, build the Jungle Book ride behind Kali, and a new E-ticket instead of Dinorama. As for Epcot, update Imagination, Inside Out in WoL, Alice/Brave in UK, and Coco in Mexico.

Last edited:

WDWTank

This would be pretty cool. For me the ideal changes would be: in MK they can put Wall•E in place of MILF, and Wreck it Ralph as rumored in SGE. Expand Fantasyland with the Sword in the Stone Dark Ride you mentioned, and replace Enchanted Tales with a BATB dark Ride. Then update Tiki Room with Moana as said by Martin. In DHS build the Door Coaster, an Indy Ride in place of of Indy Stunt Show, a Muppets ride and use Big Hero 6 as the new IP for Star Tours. In AK, build the Jungle Book ride behind Kali, and a new E-ticket instead of Dinorama. As for Epcot, update Imagination, Inside Out in WoL, Alice/Brave in UK, and Coco in Mexico.
But then the parks would be a massive advertisement! Instead of being immersed in themed lands! :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Of course, there have always been attractions and shops with corporate sponsors, logos blazing in the bright Florida sun...
2452108367_b6ac40e438_z.jpg

raymusiccity

Not to mention the awesome preshow

'Second verse, same as the first'.......It moooves sooo slowwwly...... There's no story line that jumps out at you. 'Try watching an entire POV video of Symbolica. It's better than any sleep aid you can buy! I agree with many of the posts that state dark rides are great, but, they really need to be more dynamic. I think that's why there will be many converts when Mickey's Runaway Train opens.' :)

Daveeeeed

Not to mention the awesome preshow

'Second verse, same as the first'.......It moooves sooo slowwwly...... There's no story line that jumps out at you. 'Try watching an entire POV video of Symbolica. It's better than any sleep aid you can buy! I agree with many of the posts that state dark rides are great, but, they really need to be more dynamic. I think that's why there will be many converts when Mickey's Runaway Train opens.' :)
Symbolica is a fantastic ride and used its budget to tremendous levels, but it is in no way a Disney standard E-ticket. It is hands down the best dark ride built by a company that is not Disney or Universal, but again, its lower budget does show.

brb1006

I will let that slide for Efteling since I been following "The Making Of Symbolica" for months now.

brb1006

Symbolica is a fantastic ride and used its budget to tremendous levels, but it is in no way a Disney standard E-ticket. It is hands down the best dark ride built by a company that is not Disney or Universal, but again, its lower budget does show.
But for a non-Disney Park it is pretty impressive. If I remember correctly, that attraction appears to be pretty expensive for Europe.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I know this thread has already veered, and that is in part due to the stagnation if plans, but in the general interest of designating topics, and not blurring the lines, I am reminding (and renaming) the thread to specify that this is intended for discussion about the SGE replacement, and I honestly dont know what is going on with it at this point. Originally, we were looking at a Sugar Rush themed 3D simulator with two circular theaters in the same footprint as SGE's, and that may or may not still be the plan. All I know is that as of June, the SGE replacement is one of many WDW50 projects, some of which havent even come to light.

aladdin2007

I know this thread has already veered, and that is in part due to the stagnation if plans, but in the general interest of designating topics, and not blurring the lines, I am reminding (and renaming) the thread to specify that this is intended for discussion about the SGE replacement, and I honestly dont know what is going on with it at this point. Originally, we were looking at a Sugar Rush themed 3D simulator with two circular theaters in the same footprint as SGE's, and that may or may not still be the plan. All I know is that as of June, the SGE replacement is one of many WDW50 projects, some of which havent even come to light.

thank you for the update and great idea with the thread rename.

brb1006

Symbolica looks incredible indeed, but I have trouble following the storyline...does it have a storyline?
If I remember correctly, according to the behind the scenes making of the attraction. Guests are invited by King Pardulfus to a special ceremony and organized by O.J. Punctuel but get interrupted by Pardoes and invited the guests on a tour around Symbolica. It's a bit hard to understand since in order to understand the attraction. You have to be familiar with the characters featured in the ride since these characters (Besides Pardoes and Pardijn) have appeared in past Efteling comics all in Dutch language. While Pardoes has been the mascot for the park since 1989. Pardoes even has a TV Series that aired on Nickalodeon in the Netherlands that shows how he became a wizard.

Thankfully "The Making Of Symbolica" video series has English captions that is optional and guests over there really love it.

Then again, these characters are more well-known in The Netherlands since Efteling is very popular over there while the park itself isn't that well-known outside of Europe.

I don't want to give a short history behind Pardoes and Efteling since this a different thread. But Efteling is the closest that can a non-Disney Park can get since the attractions over there are themed after Fairy Tales,Myths and stories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom